• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

Dynomutt

WTF fuck did Miranda try to help that dumb chick? You can't help an idiot talking aboutI can't breathe but you have a breathing tube. What? Fucking numbskull your in an internment camp dumb ass wake the fuck up. This show suspends me in disbelief at the utter stupidity of people.

Sir Doom

Huh I didn't watch the rest of the season when they killed the old master, and now I'm here
Oh well.

I thought Fet's girlfriend was still Dutch I didn't realize it until episode 2 . With the emphasis of Fet and Charlottes relationship, I'm guessing she's dying.

With the bad guys winning, the entire season is about the remaining rebellion gaining advantage on stopping the vampire and restoring the status quo.

Zach got some creepy vibe on his maid. Fucking Zach

big ander

Love how those rebels murdered eph's only remaining friends in the apocalyptic wasteland and his response is "hmph! Not cool very guys. That was a bad idea. Oh well."

Every time the nuke happens in the previously on I crack up. Still can't believe that was real

It's a bit weird how one nuclear explosion blocks out the sun like that. It would have to throw an awful lot of crap up into the atmosphere to do that.

Shy

It's a bit weird how one nuclear explosion blocks out the sun like that. It would have to throw an awful lot of crap up into the atmosphere to do that.
Even though we only see the one nuke. They say it started a nuclear war, a few times during the episodes.

Which is dumb they never showed us. I was also confused by it at first too.

Elandyll

Banned
What has happened to you The Strain?

You started so good... And then S2 turned to shit progressively...
And now... Jesus.

My expectations are admitedly pretty low at this point, and mostly watching to find out what will happen to the characters (and I want Zach to die, which sounds horrible).

But when Dutch yelled "Setrakian!!!!" repeatedly in an area full of munchers, I couldn't help but Facepalm violently.

I hope I can make it through this season, apparently the last (one too many?).

Geist-

I dropped it after season 1 after it became clear the show didn't respect the audience.

I came across an op-ed about how crappy Zach was in season 2 after he started smashing up his dad's lab filled with deadly diseases.

Then most recently I clicked a youtube vid showing Zach detonating a nuclear bomb in New York because he hated his father.

So glad I bailed.

Wait, for real? Is this really part of the show?

Jesus Christ, so glad I stopped watching.

Shy

49fLA2V.gif

big ander

You should be glad—but you also should watch this clip of it, because it really is bafflingly bad. One of the most hysterically bad things I have seen in film or television, full stop.
Context: Zack has just watched his mom, who ages ago was turned into one of the strigoi and is openly creepy and manipulative and evil but Zack continued to love her and believe she was really his mom because reasons, try to murder his dad, who while often a brash drunk is at least a smart doctor trying to prevent the extinction of humanity. So Eph kills her. Zack responds thusly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Ht4_37UbA
Now season 4 has begun with the master trying to groom him into his protege. (As part of training he had to kill a tiger?) Also the master gave zack some teenage personal slave girl who I assume is going to set up an arc where he learns to be nice or some shit, when the only real logical next step for this story is to show every main human cast member tear Zack limb from limb while cackling. It's going to be a spectacular catastrophe.

Zack is the best thing about this show for me. Just waiting to see how he dies and how horribly he dies lol. It'll be awesome if his Strigoi pet just straight up sucks his life away because reasons.

For real though I can't imagine there's any redemption for Zack. They need to just let him embrace evil and make him full villain.

But when Dutch yelled "Setrakian!!!!" repeatedly in an area full of munchers, I couldn't help but Facepalm violently.

Glad I wasn't the only one this stood out for lol. I was like "What are you doing?! Stop trying to blow up his spot!".

bitbydeath

Zack is the best thing about this show for me. Just waiting to see how he dies and how horribly he dies lol. It'll be awesome if his Strigoi pet just straight up sucks his life away because reasons.

Ephraim still doesn't know Zach was responsible for the death of Nora.

I hope the show hasn't forgotten this.

Even though we only see the one nuke. They say it started a nuclear war, a few times during the episodes.

Which is dumb they never showed us. I was also confused by it at first too.

Oh... okay. I guess they missed the memo that emphasised showing, not telling when it comes to visual storytelling.

Really enjoyed the first 2 seasons and didn't mind the 3rd overall. But I'm finding it very difficult to like the 4th so far at all. Shame the series went to shit so hard.

SURGEdude

How does this show manage to be as boring as it is knowing that it's finally going to be put down the way it should have after a disastrous second season and a worse 3rd one? It's really almost admirable how shitty the writing and character development is. Sure it's horror (LOL), so some bad decisions are going to be made. I do get that. But the douchebag kid setting off a tactical nuke and then people hiding behind some concrete to survive? Oh and it's because little bitchass Zach detonated it because daddy killed his zombie mommy who has killed tons of people, tried to eat him, and almost killed his dad moments earlier.

And season 4 thus far? BORING. Like at least don't be fucking boring isn't a lot to ask from a action-horror TV show. If I was Del Toro I'd do everything I could to get my name scrubbed from this atrocity.

Jesus Christ this show is just the worst.

Anyways, looking forward to the next abortion when episode 3 drops. See you guys then.

Amagon

How does this show manage to be as boring as it is knowing that it's finally going to be put down the way it should have after a disastrous second season and a worse 3rd one? It's really almost admirable how shitty the writing and character development is. Sure it's horror (LOL), so some bad decisions are going to be made. I do get that. But the douchebag kid setting off a tactical nuke and then people hiding behind some concrete to survive? Oh and it's because little bitchass Zach detonated it because daddy killed his zombie mommy who has killed tons of people, tried to eat him, and almost killed his dad moments earlier.

And season 4 thus far? BORING. Like at least don't be fucking boring isn't a lot to ask from a action-horror TV show. If I was Del Toro I'd do everything I could to get my name scrubbed from this atrocity.

Jesus Christ this show is just the worst.

Anyways, looking forward to the next abortion when episode 3 drops. See you guys then.
Tell us how you really feel.

:p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

One Shot

Quinlan and Fet discover that stealing a nuclear warhead isn't easy when they encounter an unexpected enemy. Also: Eph and Alex concoct a new weapon to use against the strigoi and Zack discovers a love interest.

That last part of the description...I swear they're just trolling the audience at this point.

Socivol

Really enjoyed the first 2 seasons and didn't mind the 3rd overall. But I'm finding it very difficult to like the 4th so far at all. Shame the series went to shit so hard.
Same this season has been so shitty so far. It's boring as fuck and what's the point of adding these new characters so late in the game? Just cover the main protagonists. I don't understand what the master plan is since he can literally just turn all humans and rule the world at this point.

Dadasch

Holy Shit...the first episode is the most trashy thing i watched for a long ass time.

That's like Z-Nation Level of trash.

Mindlog

Catching up because....

Hot takes:
"Oh right, I hate Zack."
"Why am I watching this?"
"Wait, do I hate myself?"

On we go to episode 2!

What happened in the book?

HUGE FUCKING SPOILER.

He activates the magic last nuke that saves everyone. He basically pulls a Dr. Stragelove. I shit you not, that is what happens. I expect MANY "season 3, nukes the world for vampires; season four, nukes the world four humans" gifs.

HUGE FUCKING SPOILER.

He activates the magic last nuke that saves everyone. He basically pulls a Dr. Stragelove. I shit you not, that is what happens. I expect MANY "season 3, nukes the world for vampires; season four, nukes the world four humans" gifs.

lol can't wait to witness this lol

Something's not right with the silo, huh? Typical.

Oh hey.... Nice GoT reference Fet. "Snow is coming." Not WINTER IS COMING lol. Then he says it's because of his sinuses :D

Top Bottom