• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strategies of Dementia Politics: Stoke chaos, obstruct economic recovery, and hide Biden in the basement till Election Day

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
Joe Biden is tragically suffering a mental eclipse and sliding away at a geometric rate. Understandably, his handlers have kept him out of sight. He stays off the campaign trail on the pretext of the virus and his age-related susceptibility to COVID-19 morbidity.

I say “pretext” without apology. Quarantine should not have otherwise stopped Biden over the past three months from doing daily interviews, speeches, and meetings. But each occasion, however scripted, rehearsed, and canned, would only have offered further daily proof that Biden is cognitively unable to be president or indeed to hold any office.

Biden isn't a candidate, he is a vessel for liberal policies.

The earlier career of a healthy Biden illustrates that he was not especially sharp even when in control of most of his faculties. We recall the former sane/nutty Biden of Neal Kinnock plagiarism, his “put y’all in chains” demagoguery, the studied racism of Biden’s riffs about a “clean” and well-spoken Obama, and the sane/insane Corn Pop stories. All are the trademark of a once fool Joe Biden, who was at least alert when compared with his current catalepsy. If Donald Trump can be ungrammatical, Biden is agrammatical — he simply streams together half-thoughts without syntax and then abandons the sentence entirely.

If Trump repeats vocabulary, Biden increasingly searches for words, any noun, whatever its irrelevance to the point he is making. Biden seems to suffer dyscognitive seizures, in which for moments he has no idea what he is doing or saying or where he is — a tragic, nearly epileptic condition. In scary episodes, the pale, scaly, and frozen visage of Biden appears almost reptilian, like a lizard freezing and remaining stationary as it struggles to process signals of perceived danger.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Bidens only has 2 charactiristics. He was Obama butt buddy and the DNC has determined he is more electable than Bernie Sanders. Thats it.

He has no ideas, no charisma, nothing. No one is voting for him, they are voting against Trump. You could put a broom in Bidens place and it would be the exact same thing.

Bernie at least had ideas and some cuck charisma. Look at the Bernie bros they are willing to riot in the streets for the guy.

Trump has charisma and had a ton of new ideas.

Clinton was charsimatic as fuck. Even Bush brought something to the table.

Biden brings nothing at all. I am 90% positive old 25 will be used against him within his first year in office if he gets elected.

samporter

May 29, 2020
Cognitive decline? What err uhh um buh uhh cognitive decline?

To be fair, Biden was always like this. He called himself a "gaffe machine" afterall. He's not a good speaker and he cannot think on his feet.

Are these recent gaffes examples of dementia or just the man being very incompetent on most topics/subjects?

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

samporter

May 29, 2020
He confused his sister with his wife.

Seems like this was done in jest. Some older people might even find the statement endearing and done in good humor. His wife does look a lot younger than he does and his sister sort of look like his wife to someone unfamiliar with his family. He might have just wanted to break the ice before starting.

He does seem to be very proud of his wife, always showing her front and center.

Not a good look for a presidential candidate but the media is covering up for him.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Biden was not always like this. You can simply compare his "you know the thing" moment to when he gave practically the same speech back in the Obama era. It is night and day.

This was only 8 years ago.

That Joe Biden no longer exists. Fortunately to win this election he doesn't have to be Joe Biden of 2012, he simply has to be anybody but Trump.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
I really don't buy the narrative that he's some cardboard, opinionless ghost vessel. He's been in office for decades and clearly has opinions on record for policy decisions, foreign policy, budget balancing, domestic policy - you name it. He's also not a vessel for the "far left," considering he just crushed the Bernie wing of the party, who are not as extreme as the BLM / anarchists, and didn't concede anything policy wise to Bernie, didn't give him a VP spot or cabinet position, and didn't hire any of his staffers while also publicly vowing to veto any attempts by congress to pass medicare for all policies.

He's a pro-wall st. neoliberal, just like all the Clinton-era leaders of the DNC. Just like every democratic candidate since Bill Clinton.

Reactions: Singular7

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Seems like this was done in jest. Some older people might even find the statement endearing and done in good humor. His wife does look a lot younger than he does and his sister sort of look like his wife to someone unfamiliar with his family. He might have just wanted to break the ice before starting.

He does seem to be very proud of his wife, always showing her front and center.

Not a good look for a presidential candidate but the media is covering up for him.
I will give Biden the benefit here and say that he was expecting one to be on the left and the other to be on the right. He is giving a speech reading a telepromter I doubt he has time to make sure that his wife is on his right side.

Still looks dumb but its a nothing gaffe that I think most people giving a speech where you don't have a mirror in front of you could of made.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I really don't buy the narrative that he's some cardboard, opinionless ghost vessel. He's been in office for decades and clearly has opinions on record for policy decisions, foreign policy, budget balancing, domestic policy - you name it. He's also not a vessel for the "far left," considering he just crushed the Bernie wing of the party, who are not as extreme as the BLM / anarchists, and didn't concede anything policy wise to Bernie, didn't give him a VP spot or cabinet position, and didn't hire any of his staffers while also publicly vowing to veto any attempts by congress to pass medicare for all policies.

He's a pro-wall st. neoliberal, just like all the Clinton-era leaders of the DNC. Just like every democratic candidate since Bill Clinton.
Do you think the guy who was a pioneer of mass incarceration would be for bailing rioters out of prison as soon as they are arrested?

He is obviously getting surrounded by people who are not neoliberal Dems. His VP is almost guaranteed to not be one either, and as many people have said the VP will be the real candidate.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
He is obviously getting surrounded by people who are not neoliberal Dems. His VP is almost guaranteed to not be one either, and as many people have said the VP will be the real candidate.
Who? As I said in my post, he didn't hire even a single Bernie staffer, and they're not anarchists.

And sure, I agree his VP choice matters a lot since he's old. We'll see who he picks, but none of the options are "far left."

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Who? As I said in my post, he didn't hire even a single Bernie staffer, and they're not anarchists.

And sure, I agree his VP choice matters a lot since he's old. We'll see who he picks, but none of the options are "far left."
His staff bailed out rioters in Minneapolis as the city burned:

Like I said, that seems at odds with Biden being one of the architects of mass incarceration. The people who did this are the ones who will select his cabinet and be his (or his VP's) advisors if he is elected.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
His staff bailed out rioters in Minneapolis as the city burned:

Like I said, that seems at odds with Biden being one of the architects of mass incarceration. The people who did this are the ones who will select his cabinet and be his (or his VP's) advisors if he is elected.
Well, incarceration after a trial is different from bail, which is pre-trial obviously. The article claims they're following his views on policy, but stopped short of admitting it was coordinated. And paying bail for people is legal, and really the only people that need bail assistance are people that are too poor to pay it and have to stay in jail before being convicted of anything, simply for being poor. I'm honestly on the fence myself with bail as a policy, and I've heard good arguments for and against it. Seems ridiculous to me to let people out just based on their income. Seems like it would make a lot more sense to try and quickly provide some kind of preliminary flight / risk assessment based on the severity of the accused crime.

Maybe his opinions on criminal justice reform have changed? Maybe his staffers are just cynically trying to shore up a weakness in his campaign because of his earlier crime bill votes? I guess we'll see. I'm still pretty confident Biden is not "far left," or his staffers.