The Super Bowl switched after the Switch ad - improbable odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
Jul 2, 2007

The play before Matt Ryan was sacked and fumbled the ball to the Patriots, the Falcons had a 99.9% chance of winning according to pro-football-reference.com (based on the line, current score, and current field position). Numberfire.com had the Pats chances at 1.34% at that exact moment as well - the lowest during the entire game.

What switched the odds in the their favor? Clearly it was the commercial break that played between those two plays. More specifically it was the Switch ad that turned the tide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUDkrkykvZs

Apr 19, 2016
Michigan
Apparently, this is a common tactic of The Patriots- suck in the first half, then become great in the second and hope the other team can't catch up. While it worked for them, it probably hurt Nintendo in the long run, considering Patriots fans probably turned the game off until they started winning again.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Aug 16, 2004
Brady was playing for his mom with cancer and if you argue that the league treated him fairly with the Deflategate stuff - you're crazy.

It was great to see him pull it out for the win and even greater to see Goodell boo'd on such a large stage.

Jan 8, 2016
Nintendo has unwittingly mastered mass subliminal advertising.

As somebody who lives in New England but doesn't care at all about football or The Patriots, why does everyone hate The Patriots?

Is it just because they win? Is it just a common enemy thing?
It's because they win too much and there is a negative stereotype associated with Boston sports fans, regardless of whether or not it's true.

In reality they're an incredible team who has gone through a hell of a lot of unwarranted adversity over the past year, and Tom Brady is so god damn good it's just plain annoying. And he's too handsome. And has too much hair.

I say this as a die hard Ravens fan who absolutely hates the Patriots (not as much as the Steelers though).

Jul 24, 2012
Brady was playing for his mom with cancer and if you argue that the league treated him fairly with the Deflategate stuff - you're crazy.

It was great to see him pull it out for the win and even greater to see Goodell boo'd on such a large stage.
If you can't beat 'em, hate 'em.

Aug 20, 2008
Edit: I'm a Democrat guys. I don't like Trump's policies. I didn't mean to make this thread political, sorry.
No reason not to. Brady, Bellichick, Kraft etc were/are Trump supports so even more reason to dislike the Pats.

Stung worse because of that. Also living in Atlanta. I'm not a Falcons fan, but a win would have been great for the city.

Aug 29, 2007
It's a crazy coincidence.

I'd say Nintendo's ad placement worked...everyone (mainly gamers) is talking about how the game switched up after that ad.

and now nintendo is associated with one of the the most historic super bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.