• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Bowl switched after the Switch ad - improbable odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
vhmCvbPh.png

The play before Matt Ryan was sacked and fumbled the ball to the Patriots, the Falcons had a 99.9% chance of winning according to pro-football-reference.com (based on the line, current score, and current field position). Numberfire.com had the Pats chances at 1.34% at that exact moment as well - the lowest during the entire game.

What switched the odds in the their favor? Clearly it was the commercial break that played between those two plays. More specifically it was the Switch ad that turned the tide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUDkrkykvZs

Ever

Banned
What is it with 2017 and the bad guys winning all the time lol. My arms can't hold all these L's.

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Apparently, this is a common tactic of The Patriots- suck in the first half, then become great in the second and hope the other team can't catch up. While it worked for them, it probably hurt Nintendo in the long run, considering Patriots fans probably turned the game off until they started winning again.

I became more interested in American football and the Patriots because of that 4th quarter performance by them. Thanks, Nintendo.

Fuck the Switch for this. I saw the commercial and immediately in the back of mind I thought, "no way does the game switch after this." I'm expecting salty fans to also take their anger out on the Switch.

Ever

Banned
Bad guys?

Trump and the Pats. I hate Brady a lot, but I can't do it anymore after that game. He's just too good.

I hate that I can't hate him X)

Edit: I'm a Democrat guys. I don't like Trump's policies. I didn't mean to make this thread political, sorry.

komorebi

What is it with 2017 and the bad guys winning all the time lol. My arms can't hold all these L's.

Which bad guys? I don't follow Football but I thought the Patriots were loved?

Or is this ANOTHER fucking Trump dig

Edit ^ Oh.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Brady was playing for his mom with cancer and if you argue that the league treated him fairly with the Deflategate stuff - you're crazy.

It was great to see him pull it out for the win and even greater to see Goodell boo'd on such a large stage.

Oh my god, what? The Patriots are now associated with white supremacy? Way to derail the thread with such a dumb accusation.

Jacce

Banned
Which bad guys? I don't follow Football but I thought the Patriots were loved?

Or is this ANOTHER fucking Trump dig.

Patroits are one of the most hated teams in in the NFL (unless you live in MA).

Oh and there never ever will be too many Trump digs.

As somebody who lives in New England but doesn't care at all about football or The Patriots, why does everyone hate The Patriots?

Is it just because they win? Is it just a common enemy thing?

Nintendo has unwittingly mastered mass subliminal advertising.

As somebody who lives in New England but doesn't care at all about football or The Patriots, why does everyone hate The Patriots?

Is it just because they win? Is it just a common enemy thing?

It's because they win too much and there is a negative stereotype associated with Boston sports fans, regardless of whether or not it's true.

In reality they're an incredible team who has gone through a hell of a lot of unwarranted adversity over the past year, and Tom Brady is so god damn good it's just plain annoying. And he's too handsome. And has too much hair.

I say this as a die hard Ravens fan who absolutely hates the Patriots (not as much as the Steelers though).

faint.

Brady was playing for his mom with cancer and if you argue that the league treated him fairly with the Deflategate stuff - you're crazy.

It was great to see him pull it out for the win and even greater to see Goodell boo'd on such a large stage.

If you can't beat 'em, hate 'em.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: I'm a Democrat guys. I don't like Trump's policies. I didn't mean to make this thread political, sorry.

No reason not to. Brady, Bellichick, Kraft etc were/are Trump supports so even more reason to dislike the Pats.

Stung worse because of that. Also living in Atlanta. I'm not a Falcons fan, but a win would have been great for the city.

Fuchsdh

Oh my god, what? The Patriots are now associated with white supremacy? Way to derail the thread with such a dumb accusation.

If white supremacists liking something now means that you can't like it, I imagine everyone on NeoGAF will be giving up comics and video games as well.

Crazyorloco

It's a crazy coincidence.

I'd say Nintendo's ad placement worked...everyone (mainly gamers) is talking about how the game switched up after that ad.

and now nintendo is associated with one of the the most historic super bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom