• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

PhatSaqs said:
I've played almost 300 ranked matches on the 360 and dont think ive run across any GAFers. Where yall at? :lol
We played a few games when the game just came out. I was the mediocre (at best) Dhalsim. I think you also fought a few rounds against Sixteen Bits (_dementia).

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
someone just sent me an angry message on xbox live because I was turtling with guile

sorry, I can't do much with other characters while I have this shitty controller to deal with :lol

MoxManiac

Cerrius said:
someone just sent me an angry message on xbox live because I was turtling with guile

sorry, I can't do much with other characters while I have this shitty controller to deal with :lol

Well, turtling is pretty much Guile's optimal playstyle in many situations, so fuck him! :lol

Cerrius said:

People sent me messages complaining about tick throws.
I main Zangief, what do you expect ?

bumpkin

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Don't lose in arcade mode, instead of Bison you fight Akuma. If you are only mediocre at the game expect to be there fighting him for a long time.
I don't think skill has anything to do with it. His damage is ridiculously skewed to the point of utter cheapness. When he can throw a punch and a special and take half of your energy, something's wrong. I've basically given up and accepted that I'll never get the achievement. The asshole's impossible.

Sanjuro

bumpkin said:
I don't think skill has anything to do with it. His damage is ridiculously skewed to the point of utter cheapness. When he can throw a punch and a special and take half of your energy, something's wrong. I've basically given up and accepted that I'll never get the achievement. The asshole's impossible.
Of course skill has to do with it. If you are really good at the game you have a "cheap" counter plan.

I used Guile and destroyed him with flash kicks.

MoxManiac

Someone on SRK said a lot of the better players have abandoned ranked and went over to friendly matches. I think he's right, i've faced much better players in friendly rotating games.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Man haven't played the game in fucking years, I am loving HD Remix but fuck some people out there are just too fucking good! BLAH! My characters are Ken and Sagat, if you guys want a match will be playing around 9:00 pm pacific time name is Alfred-abomb :D

Asbel

Probably been answered but I get delays between pressing a button and when a move appears, even just a regular jab. Is this normal even in offline mode? I sometimes get the delay on the menu screen too. :lol I'm playing on a ps3 with a sixaxis, btw.

Asbel said:
Probably been answered but I get delays between pressing a button and when a move appears, even just a regular jab. Is this normal even in offline mode? I sometimes get the delay on the menu screen too. :lol I'm playing on a ps3 with a sixaxis, btw.

Eh, I wouldn't say that is normal. Not even for online play.

knitoe

Asbel said:

That's probably your problem. Sixaxis have dropping issue. Every noticeable in fighting games. Try it with USB cable.

For anybody who's having trouble beating Akuma, theres a foolproof method I used to beat him.

Basically, he blocks no matter what if you're doing Chun-Lis hop kick (DF+RH) and the timing is such that you do 2 the instant the match starts, and throw him. Then do another one, throw, another throw, etc until he's done. Works every time.

Clinton514

knitoe said:
That's probably your problem. Sixaxis have dropping issue. Every noticeable in fighting games. Try it with USB cable.
Drop issue is practically non-existent these days... to me and my buddies anyway. But like you said, if that's the case USB should solve it.

anyone else having problems finding ranked matches on the 360? i got the game the day it came out and so far have only been able to play two ranked matches. additionally, neither of them have affected my record as it still shows 0-0 when i create a ranked match lobby...

MikeHaggar said:
anyone else having problems finding ranked matches on the 360? i got the game the day it came out and so far have only been able to play two ranked matches. additionally, neither of them have affected my record as it still shows 0-0 when i create a ranked match lobby...

Eh, haven't been playing ranked since my stick hasn't arrived yet. No problem finding player matches though, and surprisingly have found a lot of good comp in them (SRK guys). If you're playing behind a router make sure your dmz is open for the xbox. I was having trouble getting in games until I found out my xbox had changed ips and the dmz was no longer open.

Getting on now if anyone wants to play. Gamertag is TagKC. Think I have 1 or two spots open on my friends list if anyone wants to add me.

MikeHaggar said:

I've played ~70 ranked matches and 99% of them were flawless. When I host the room fills up in 5 seconds or less generally.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
iconoclast said:
I've played ~70 ranked matches and 99% of them were flawless. When I host the room fills up in 5 seconds or less generally.

Must be nice, about 80 percent of my matches have had very annoying lag. Next thing I know Im getting thrown, charges dont take more than less than half a second for my opponents, etc, very annoying shit.

CPS2

I've heard from a few players that they're getting angry messages about doing the same moves over and over, etc. I've been lucky though, last night I won maybe 5 games by letting the timer run out, haven't had any abuse on live.

PLAY B3YOND said:
If you're playing behind a router make sure your dmz is open for the xbox. I was having trouble getting in games until I found out my xbox had changed ips and the dmz was no longer open.

thanks for this right here. assigned my 360's static ip to the dmz host ip address and it resolved all the issues i was having.

Ryu1999

UC1 said:
I've heard from a few players that they're getting angry messages about doing the same moves over and over, etc. I've been lucky though, last night I won maybe 5 games by letting the timer run out, haven't had any abuse on live.

I've had a bunch of people drop after they die to repeated T. Hawk cr. jab x2->SPD, but no death threats.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow this game is buggy. I keep getting disced right before the match starts, wasn't happening the other day. Then THIS happened

wtfsfII.jpg

Screen completely black except Cammy and UI.

Proc

its so rad how easy it is to play online games competitively. I've been sticking to player matches so I don't get my ass too handed to me. Man I love this game despite how bad i suck.

Bob White

holy shit, ferrio. i thought we had d/c during that match but then i saw you move a few times. i thought your controller went out or something.

ggs, though. solid chunners

Brannon

I love being able to get knocked down, and having a Ryu player stand over me getting ready to do that damnable downward punch, but then my Fei Long rises like a phoenix and flame-legs him out of my personal space.

That never gets old.

MoxManiac

Ferrio said:
Wow this game is buggy. I keep getting disced right before the match starts, wasn't happening the other day. Then THIS happened

wtfsfII.jpg

Screen completely black except Cammy and UI.

I had the disconnect issue too, signing off of PSN and logging back on helped.

dfyb

Banned
i'd be up for a game on PSN. invite dfyb. can't say i'm very good at ST, though. i basically play as dhalsim while wishing he was necro.

Asbel

knitoe said:
More reason to find a stick. I like playing all the characters and I can't play grapplers at all with the pad. :/

One more shout out before I disappear into the cold, dark night. If anyone wants to "tell me about their day," drop off your XBL gamertag via PM. I'll add ya later and let you know the friend request is from me. I use everyone except Ken and Akuma and tend to play long sessions.

this game is soooo frustrating. when i know what the best logical thing to do in a situation yet i am always physically in able(even with a joystick) to input the correct command. I need to be able to control this game with my mind.
whats the easiest combo to rekka into. i cant get jummping FP to work without getting shoryukened into oblivion.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I wonder if anyone's played me... My tag's SnakeXsMT, I'm usually Chun, sometimes Cammy, sometimes 'Gief.

Agent X

Shinz Kicker said:
this game is soooo frustrating. when i know what the best logical thing to do in a situation yet i am always physically in able(even with a joystick) to input the correct command. I need to be able to control this game with my mind.
whats the easiest combo to rekka into. i cant get jummping FP to work without getting shoryukened into oblivion.

If you don't want to start with a jumping attack, then pretty much any standing punch should be able to combo into Rekka Ken.

If you are able to jump into your opponent, then you can use either a fierce punch, or forward kick if you want to try to cross up. As soon as you land, do a strong punch or fierce punch, followed by Rekka Ken (or the Flaming Dragon Kick instead if you have difficulty with multiple Rekka Kens).

Top Bottom