• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

-Kh-

Banned
Guymelef said:
Any word about European PSStore release date?

Still no firm release date though.

It was still this monday under test, and I didn't really check the end date, so it might be 10 days to 3 weeks more for Euro PSN release

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
domokunrox said:
I saw all the changes and they majorly fucked some things up with lots of nonsense.

Yeah, I'm hoping to play it with the new graphics and the older system. I'm curious on the online mode. Lag and so forth. Not to mention options.

LordK

So were they able to get around the XBLA download limit and give us uncompressed 1080p sprites? The screenshots they release look like they have some weird ass scaling.

Xisiqomelir

domokunrox said:
I saw all the changes and they majorly fucked some things up with lots of nonsense.

My first act after DL will be to toggle all nonsense to "Off".

Bunch of peeps getting the PS3 version it seems, looking forward to our GAF matches! :D

tzare

JudgeN said:
so... is it stealable?

Fixed for greater accuracy

I wonder how long it will take for trophy to come.
mmmm, i have a shared account with 4 friends to share content which is something Sony allows, so it would be stupid to pay more unless all my friends where on XBL. This, and free online play are something that sony offers, so i don't see where the problem is.

MMaRsu

Banned
Thanks for the info guys :).

I'm gonna try the demo and see if it fits my style. If not I'll just purchase SFIV asap :p.

h3ro

And just in case you thought you knew what to expect from Street Fighter, think again. In addition to all the Street Fighter DLC, I'm also excited to announce a direct-to-download album of Street Fighter-inspired hip-hop! The Street Fighter Underground Remix album will feature the musical flavor of artists such as DJ Qbert, Hieroglyphics, Redman, Oh No, DJ Toure, Mistah F.A.B. and Zion I. Each of the cuts will be available exclusively on PlayStation Network, FOR FREE, when SF HD Remix launches!

Free rap album exclusive to PSN? For the right price, I'll get the PS3 version then...

ShinAmano

h3ro said:
Free rap album exclusive to PSN? For the right price, I'll get the PS3 version then...
Yeah I am wondering if this is a free download...or a free with purchase download...becasue I am 100% getting the game on the 360, but 50/50 about double dipping on the ps3...though I would not mind hearing the tracks...also would there be a way to get the tracks onto a pc after downloading?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
h3ro said:
I was planning on buying it for PS3 anyways but this is just icing. And I get to play it 1 day earlier than I thought.

scxzor

Neo Member
ShinAmano said:
Yeah I am wondering if this is a free download...or a free with purchase download...becasue I am 100% getting the game on the 360, but 50/50 about double dipping on the ps3...though I would not mind hearing the tracks...also would there be a way to get the tracks onto a pc after downloading?

If it's anything like the PixelJunk soundtrack downloads, these files will be DRM-free. They'll appear under Music in the XMB and from there you can copy it to a USB device, PSP, etc.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Assuming this is put up on the PSN in the afternoon like most PSN updates are... then wouldn't it be up on XBL just hours later?

What time do Wed XBL updates usually go up? 2 AM PST, a lil after midnight?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MarkMan said:
Assuming this is put up on the PSN in the afternoon like most PSN updates are... then wouldn't it be up on XBL just hours later?

What time do Wed XBL updates usually go up? 2 AM PST, a lil after midnight?
Shhhhhhhh. Don't try to soften the blow man, 1 day exclusivity is BIG.
Most likely

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ha-ha-hadoo-do-do-doooken-wiki-wiki-SHORYUKEN-era-era-sho-sho-shoRYUKEN.

edit: thats what i imagine the QBERT trak will sound like.

Raw64life

Nice. They made Bionic Commando, which was worth much more than ten bucks $10 and that sold extremely well, so I'm still holding out for $10. The fact that it's out next week and still doesn't have a price point means they're probably still mulling it over.

Meliorism

1200 seems the most likely. They've seen other games sell at that price point, and it seems like the most surefire price.

Teknoman

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I will be all over Street Fighter Sackboys, seriously. Here's hoping they don't price rape us like the limited edition sackboy T-shirts.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
what's this about European PSN release dates not being known? I hate this shit. how the hell could the European version take any longer to certify? they have to translate all the thousands of languages for the menus? fuck that shit. I played sf3 in motherfuckingjapanese for five years or something. fuck segregated DLC regions.

Hitting up the 360 version. My Hori sticks will get worked, the fuck, OUT.

One day exclusive to PSN? :lol

But then again I'm a SF whore, maybe I'll buy both versions.

Now I can finally use my stick for what it was built for. Street Fighter :D

2yyw4g6.jpg

Also I gotta ask. Why is everybody hating on the rebalancing? They dragged the ST Evo and SBO winners in and threw the changes at them over and over until those guys agreed that it was just right. Or are you guys just too upset that you can't play your characters identically or what?

Yeah, I don't get the balance hate. They are basically making the game into a true sequel with new art, music, and gameplay, and a lot of people want to throw away the gameplay changes without even trying them... did you guys bitch and moan about all the gameplay changes in Street Fighter IV as well?

Guymelef

The best is Hori Ral Arcade Pro 3.
Sanwa stick and Hori buttons (can be easily replacement with Seimitsu or Sanwa buttons).

Or Maybe a PS2 Hori Real Arcade Pro 2: SA (all Sanwa) with a PS2 to USB could be work.

PS: My Stick is waiting for your blood.
DSC00368.JPG

xero273

Brobzoid said:
what's this about European PSN release dates not being known? I hate this shit. how the hell could the European version take any longer to certify? they have to translate all the thousands of languages for the menus? fuck that shit. I played sf3 in motherfuckingjapanese for five years or something. fuck segregated DLC regions.

The SCEE certification process is different from SCEA. It takes two weeks for SCEE whereas SCEA is like 5 to 7 days.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
-Kh- said:
After playing the game for a couple of days, from the original SSFIIT cast, the harder character to beat, in my opinion, was Blanka. I know both Vega and Bison were usually bitches, but Blanka used to be so easy.

So this time around I really had trouble with him, the old trick of moving back then forward, grab/throwing him and repeat, doesn't work now :lol And of course Akuma is just a real challenge.

I actually enjoyed changing the graphics to the original style better, they still have the better designs.

I take it you never played a decent Blanka player? We should play sometime :D

Hold out for the Madcatz SF4 stick, totally worth the wait!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
xero273 said:
The SCEE certification process is different from SCEA. It takes two weeks for SCEE whereas SCEA is like 5 to 7 days.
more reasons to hate SCEE! I don't need more reasons, there are too many already! >>:|

Top Bottom