• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

kuYuri

I downloaded the first two trailers from XBL. Holy shit, it looks even better watching it on my TV than on a monitor. Fuck, I'm so excited. It looks so damn good.

PSN version for me.

EDIT: Oh shit, free music!

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Please forgive my ignorance of game development, but why exactly is HD 2d so cost prohibitive?

h3ro

Gouty said:
Please forgive my ignorance of game development, but why exactly is HD 2d so cost prohibitive?

It's Street Fighter II. Capcom knows they basically have me and my fellow 20-somethings by the attachments since we practically grew up on the game back in the 90's and we'll all eventually buy this game... we're at their mercy when it comes to how much they want to charge for it...

If it's $15 or under, it's an instant buy for me... $10 would be perfect. Hell, if it launched at a tenner, I'd get the LBP DLC and the Premium NXE theme as well...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Gouty said:
It's only more expensive than it used to be in SD if you're doing it the old-fashioned way, with so-called "pixel art", drawing everything one pixel at a time. It takes longer because there are several times more pixels to draw.
On the other end of the spectrum, if you were doing a DKC-style game, it would take exactly as much effort as before.

The problem that the HD Remix team is running into is trying to make their art match the original hit boxes. Many of the original sprites were basically indistinct blobs. They could have saved a lot of money and had much better looking sprites if they'd redone everything from scratch.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I guess i am screwed with my 1150pts that i have left. Since it will cost probably 1200 :/ Or maybe even more.

kuYuri

Kandrick said:
I guess i am screwed with my 1150pts that i have left. Since it will cost probably 1200 :/ Or maybe even more.

Microsoft should really allow gifting of points. I'd send you 50 points. :D

So, you have to buy point cards to buy Xbox Live games?

I'm all for battling with the SRK and Neogaf crowd. My game is pretty blah right now, but I hope to step up for Evo 2008.

I'll probably play more on PS3 cuz of my Saturn Pads and HRAPs.

And those achievements seem doable...except for maybe the seven-hit combo. I can't think of any character besides Chun-Li, Bison and Dee Jay who have seven to 10-hit combos.

Dhalsim? E.Honda? Blanka? Guile? Zangief? T.Hawk? Vega? Sagat? Without knowing the new combos, maybe Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun, Bison and Dee Jay.

Thanks...I didn't realize Fei Long had a long string combo. And...forgot about New Sagat's multi-hit tiger uppercut.

And...those are messed up combos...One combo...and you're dead...ha, ha...the swearing that will ensue over bluetooth and M$ headsets.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Snapshot King said:
Also I gotta ask. Why is everybody hating on the rebalancing? They dragged the ST Evo and SBO winners in and threw the changes at them over and over until those guys agreed that it was just right. Or are you guys just too upset that you can't play your characters identically or what?

Dreamwriter said:
Yeah, I don't get the balance hate. They are basically making the game into a true sequel with new art, music, and gameplay, and a lot of people want to throw away the gameplay changes without even trying them... did you guys bitch and moan about all the gameplay changes in Street Fighter IV as well?

People think that they can design better changes. The same people who give characters one-hit instakill no startup no recovery supers in MUGEN. :p

I like all of the changes in Super Turbo thus far, it's gonna make for a very interesting game that's going to be really, really different to play. I'm a pretty scrubby SF player now because I just play SC and VF but I'm looking forward to trying Ryu, Gief and Honda out again.

Yes, I will buy this next week on the 360. I then will also buy the SF pinball table and the premium theme. And the SF theme for Uno will also be mine, mine, mine. And anything else SF related.

Souther

Banned
Man i hope this Music stuff is from the some of the dudes that did the 3rd strike music...cause the music rocks in that game. One of the best game soundtracks imo.

See you mofo's online.

PSN: Cyclonus

The music is from OCR. It's either a love it or hate it thing. If you can find it, check out the Blood on the Floor project (or just youtube it). However, the original soundtrack (which is still awesome) is there.

exarkun

Spiderjericho said:
The music is from OCR. It's either a love it or hate it thing. If you can find it, check out the Blood on the Floor project (or just youtube it). However, the original soundtrack (which is still awesome) is there.

You mean Blood on the Asphalt?

Yeah...that...forgot the exact name...

Not a fan of the Vega, E.Honda or DeeJay themes...

It would've been cool if they threw in the SSFIIT 3DO soundtrack too...

exarkun

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah...that...forgot the exact name...

Not a fan of the Vega, E.Honda or DeeJay themes...

It would've been cool if they threw in the SSFIIT 3DO soundtrack too...

The music isn't actually bad, I didn't know that this is what is similar to the stuff they are going to use. Most of it is pretty cool takes on the originals.

Guile's and Ken's are still pretty epic in the remix versions. Though, the originals are pretty good too.

shagg_187 said:
header coming up in an hour. Long live, SF!
14e3peq.jpg

Meow!
EDIT: 52 minutes! :p

shagg_187 said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/14e3peq.jpg[IMG]

Meow!
EDIT: 52 minutes! :P[/QUOTE]

Pretty nice man, though"The Official" red font needs an outer border and the inside of the R in "Remix" is really weird looking.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
shagg_187 said:
If it's over $15, it's on me.*

*Offer valid only for users named "Cagalli". No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Side effects may include increase of 2DHD orgasm.

<3

n3ss

aka acr0nym
tribal24 said:
no gaf is a bunch of broke fuckers who dont like to waste their time or money

It's fucking Super Turbo.... This not some brand new game, there should be no question in buying it or not... Expect it at $20, if that doesn't settle well for you then less people for me to beat up on. I swear this is like before Wipeout HD came out...

I'll buy it if it's at $20. Considering it's way more than a year project, with tons of new hand-drawn art, new music, and a complete rebalancing, I wouldn't expect it for any cheaper. You're basically getting a Street Fighter 3 1/2 - the only thing keeping it from being a true sequel is the lack of new characters.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
tribal24 said:
no gaf is a bunch of broke fuckers who dont like to waste their time or money
The best way I've heard it put is that GAF thinks $15 is too much for an instant classic like Braid, but that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts can't be any good because it's "only" $39.99.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Dreamwriter said:
I'll buy it if it's at $20. Considering it's way more than a year project, with tons of new hand-drawn art, new music, and a complete rebalancing, I wouldn't expect it for any cheaper. You're basically getting a Street Fighter 3 1/2 - the only thing keeping it from being a true sequel is the lack of new characters.

This.

Don't forget that it's suppose to have some good net code as well. :D

Jirotrom

AZ Greg said:
I hope it's $15 or less. But honestly, I'd probably pay up to $30, as long as the netcode was good.
same here, the changes are vast in this game, as it wasn't a small undertaking.

Rlan

I want to know what the Australian price will end up being on PSN. They're already stupidly expensive for 800 Point games. If this game goes 1200... it will probably be equal in price to that of Quest For Booty.

reakt

I hope it's cheap. Played it to death on the SNES emulator (TYL) for PSP. Played it to death before that on the SNES back in the day. Played it to death before than in the arcades. Ok, so there are a few new moves, cleaner graphics. I have a PS3 and would hope to pay about the same as I paid for pixeljunk monsters for this game. We'll see.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I'll be getting the 360 version. Simply a matter of friends being on that than anything else. Fuck d-pads... Arcade Stick all the way.

Router said:
I'll be getting the 360 version. Simply a matter of friends being on that than anything else.
Same.

Also, I've been able to pull every combo/move easily in the beta with the d-pad, so I wont have any problems in that department.

Top Bottom