• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

Blackface

Banned
Questions for the experienced fighter game players.

I have played most fighting games on console and in arcade, but was never one to really get into them and master one character. Lately, I have found myself getting quite addicted to Street Fighter II Hyper FIghting on arcade, and have been thinking about picking up an arcade stick for 360. So here are my two questions.

1. Are there any boards on the net where fighting games fan go to talk? (like Neogaf for videogames) I want to learn more about the fighting game scene, and fighting games in general and was hoping for a place like that to lurk.

2. What is the best arcade stick for 360? I was thinking about getting the "Xbox 360 Fighting Stick EX 2 by Hori" but they are always sold out.

CPS2

Trax416 said:
Questions for the experienced fighter game players.

I have played most fighting games on console and in arcade, but was never one to really get into them and master one character. Lately, I have found myself getting quite addicted to Street Fighter II Hyper FIghting on arcade, and have been thinking about picking up an arcade stick for 360. So here are my two questions.

1. Are there any boards on the net where fighting games fan go to talk? (like Neogaf for videogames) I want to learn more about the fighting game scene, and fighting games in general and was hoping for a place like that to lurk.

2. What is the best arcade stick for 360? I was thinking about getting the "Xbox 360 Fighting Stick EX 2 by Hori" but they are always sold out.

1. www.shoryuken.com is the main one, but there's others. Which country are you in?

2. The best currently is the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX, and when the new MadCatz one is out, that will be better. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the HRAPEX if you can find/afford it though. Fighting Stick EX2 isn't that great.

alisdair

Trax416 said:

1. Shoryuken is the place to go. Really nice community.

2. Hori Real Arcade Pro EX (if you're in the US or Japan and can wait a month), otherwise pick up a Hori Fighting Stick EX2 from eBay. The HFS isn't amazing, but it's by no means terrible either---the main problem is that it comes with Hori parts instead of Sanwa, and it's really hard to upgrade them. As a first stick, it'll be fine.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Damn. I just realized its over a year since I built my last Arcade Stick. I bought a heap of parts about six months ago to build a new one but its still all sitting in my workshop. :(

Xisiqomelir

Reno said:
People think that they can design better changes. The same people who give characters one-hit instakill no startup no recovery supers in MUGEN. :p

Not even that complicated. ST is a fighting game institution. Yes it has flaws, but those flaws are what give it character.

If I wanted to play a game with a fully-competitive cast, I'd play GG. If I wanted to play a game with hideous art, I'd play SC3. If I wanted to play a game where every character was neutered to complete ineffectuality, I'd play T4.

I should note that I love Sirlin, and bought his book. And that I don't want to unleash a horrible and pointless "What is real ST?" sub-discussion.

I will buy this game day 1. Capcom will get my money, and I'll get to play ST as it has always been with (hopefully) a wide selection of online opponents. Win win for everyone.

Gowans

1600! owch.... will wait for opinions on features and reviews then, that is alot!

guess a bunch on mt friends I wanted to play against are out and with that half my reason to buy.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
if it's 20 bucks I wonder if it will have a platinum trophy like Wipeout.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
levious said:
if it's 20 bucks I wonder if it will have a platinum trophy like Wipeout.

No trophies.

$20 eh? I think I'll be waiting to hear impressions on the online play and options before I jump in.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Gowans007 said:
1600! owch.... will wait for opinions on features and reviews then, that is alot!

guess a bunch on mt friends I wanted to play against are out and with that half my reason to buy.

Same for me, and high price = probably less people that will buy it, that means less people online to fight agaisnt. Meh.

JudgeN

Kuroyume said:
The redrew the sprites in an ugly style and tweaked a 14 year old game. What's not to understand?

Exactly, dunno why people think its 2D is must be cheap.

tzare said:
so KOFXII shold be around 120$ i guess :D

I have a feeling if KOFXII bombs SNK is not going to be in good shape, can't imagine how much that game is going to cost them to develop.

levious

Kintaro said:
No trophies.

$20 eh? I think I'll be waiting to hear impressions on the online play and options before I jump in.

I meant when it gets trophies of course.

tzare

JudgeN said:
Exactly, dunno why people think its 2D is must be cheap.

I have a feeling if KOFXII bombs SNK is not going to be in good shape, can't imagine how much that game is going to cost them to develop.

i don't think 2d means cheap, but i don't think it's so expensive either. As if 3d games were easy to develop. C'mon, it has the same game code, netcode can be used for SFIV or other games, and has the same animation frames as 15 yeras ago. No, it's not worth 20$ for me, i'll only buy if i can share it on PSN.

Kintaro

JudgeN said:

There's zero chance KOF XII "bombs" and SNK will use these HD sprites for another generation of fighters to come. I'm quite happy to finally decided to invest in it.

levious said:
I meant when it gets trophies of course.

Well, people are still waiting for those BC trophies... :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
20 bucks guys.. come on...lets break it down here..its not that much.. Lets say you buy it and play a little over 10 games a week for the next month...you've already made your money back compared to going to the arcade! :D

Kintaro said:
There's zero chance KOF XII "bombs" and SNK will use these HD sprites for another generation of fighters to come. I'm quite happy to finally decided to invest in it.

Yeah I think they are looking long term with the new method for creating sprites. I wouldnt be surprised if they reused the same sprites for the next like 4-5 KOF games just to make a return on investment.

M.J. Doja

Banned
tzare said:

i think he means needing reviews for a game thats been out for 15+ years

just cuz it costs 20 bucks.

oh but im sure that the 1080p while connecting thru a wi-fi router across the atlantic will cause some problems, thats why reviews r gud.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If anyone wants to see what is available (arcade stick/converter wise), check my site...

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/

And before anyone asks/confuses themselves there is NO GOOD converter to use your PS1/PS2 arcade stick on Xbox 360. The best solution is to dual PCB mod your existing arcade stick or purchase an Xbox 360 arcade stick.

Here are some of my personal reviews on PS3 arcade sticks:

SEGA Virtua Stick High Grade

Hori Real Arcade PRO 3

---

Also, currently, IMO the best sticks on the market/out the box is the Hori Real Arcade PRO 2 SA (PS2). The Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 SA comes out later in Dec., and when that comes out, I'm confident that it will be the best available stick for next gen consoles.

The 360 Hori Real Arcad PRO EX is good and all, but I wouldn't rate it that high. Sure it has a Sanwa stick, but the buttons 'default' layout is not standard by any means. Although they are easily changed via quick disconnect wiring.

Kintaro

M.J. Doja said:
i think he means needing reviews for a game thats been out for 15+ years

just cuz it costs 20 bucks.

More like I'll wait to see if online play is delivered very well before spending my money. So sorry that I like to see how an aspect of a product turns out before I buy it. The game has been delayed for so long, one can't help but be cautious.

I definitely don't need another Castle Crashers case here, only worse.

Sorry man, stop talking in code. I don't see what you're getting at...

Ba weep, gran na weep, ninni bon?

levious

Kintaro said:
Basically, I'll be surprised if ever see trophies. How's that?

well if BC-rearmed trophy patch doesn't come out around BC's release, I'll be worried.

rhino4evr

20 seems high, but considering I held out paying 10 for Hyper fighting Arcade for over a year, I will be making the purchase. Finally.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
20? I was hoping for 10. I'll be getting Braid and Wipeout HD before this game now.

RuGalz

$15 would have been better but I will still support this product. The rebalanced mode can make it pretty interesting to play for a while. I already have SSF2T on my arcade cabinet so new stuff is what interests me the most.

tzare

i'll buy it too probably, as i'm a 2d fighter fanboy, but noway this game should be more expensive than wipeotHD.....

levious

tzare said:
i'll buy it too probably, as i'm a 2d fighter fanboy, but noway this game should be more expensive than wipeotHD.....

Wipeout is 20 as well

Errr I don't know, I am on the fence here.

I wouldn't have minded if this came out in summer before Wipeout for $20, but after that game, it has spoiled me what a $20 game should look like, plus SF4 is 3 months away.

Top Bottom