• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

Vinsanity

Pretty cool. I didn't know this existed.

SFHD.png

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I almost got my record to wins equaling losses after trying to go for that shitty win with every character in ranked matches when I haven't played any other character except Ryu since I got the game except for Ken in a couple matches, but now i'm on a tear trying to get my 2:1 win/loss ratio back, and I've won 5 matches in a row. 5!!!!! I'm better than Daigo right now! I could beat Daigo!!!!!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
btrick said:
any strats with ryu vs an aggressive blanka?
my strategy is usually to just get killed.

you can jab to counter his horizontal roll, a fierce also counters it but you'd have to be godly to get that out time before getting hit. I usually do a standing fierce if he does a vertical roll instead of blocking it. don't be predictable when throwing fireballs.

these are some things i use but i suck against him, chun li, vega, and fei long.

Baron

I consider myself an averagely skilled player at SSF2HD. I can pull off a few combos, know all the moves, etc., and am pretty good against some friends. I would not, however, consider ever entering a tournament. But everytime I go online to play the PS3 version of this in ranked scoreboard mode, I get my butt kicked, over and over again. I lost 7 times in a row just now. Are the people playing this online generally extremely high level players? I very rarely win any matches I play online in ranked mode. It's really kind of discouraging. It ceases to be fun when you lose ten matches in a row...and I don't mean ten well-fought close matches, I mean a getting my ass kicked and curb-stomped within 10 seconds kind of loss, where you are clearly facing off against a much more skilled opponent.

I need to make some PSN friends at my same skill level so this will be fun again.

Thanks for posting those matches Eggo. That guy is boss with Zangief. His Guile is pretty good too. Very technically sound...nothing too flashy. I like how he stopped Blanka's super in one of the vids with a standing short.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, the patch is pretty nice. Matches seem to (finally) default to best out of five rounds, I can actually pick a character with the start button and it doesn't fuck up, and I was even able to view my friends list on the leaderboards without the game crashing. You'd almost think it wasn't like a beta version anymore! :lol

But it's still weird going back to HD Remix after so much SF4. I had a much easier time doing it this time around; this time HD Remix was fine, but going back to SF4 was like playing underwater!

I forgot about stuff like beating E. Honda doing nothing but triangle jump medium jump kicks with Chun-Li. Cheap as hell and sad to see this beating sumo headbutts and even his super every time.

Arthrus

Have they patched the control issues? Every time I start up the game I have to change the fierce punch and kick settings on one controller while the changes stay saved on the other.

Baron

kurahadol said:
Are people even online playing this game anymore? I tried finding some matches the other day and nothing could be found.

Sure! I play all the time. No SF4 for me - this game will sate my online fighter needs for now, I'm sure. Matter of fact, I'm going online right now to play a bit. PSN ID: indigentia. Mostly scoreboard ranked matches now, though, so go ranked and you might play me. :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
kurahadol said:
Are people even online playing this game anymore? I tried finding some matches the other day and nothing could be found.
I can get a ranked match in less than 30 seconds. It might take several minutes for me to get a match in SF4.

I downloaded the patch,
then played one game,
then was totally confused because I was trying to Focus Attack, Dash and throw with LP+LK to fail,
lost round 1
regained composure, won round 2 and 3 and 4. And returned to my stored Oicho tick routines

Dosukoi, glad its patched, but I'm going back to SF4, this switching back n forth between different SFs is not healthy

Patch is much appreciated thus far.

Everything just feels better overall, hell challenger stats will even appear now in ranked match lobbies.

Anybody notice any weirdness yet?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
The Take Out Bandit said:

Everything just feels better overall, hell challenger stats will even appear now in ranked match lobbies.

I thought it was blind for a reason. They changed that? Now people can wuss out if they see you have a good winning percentage.

Erudite

Great. Now people can see my 20~/100~ win/loss :lol

CO_Andy

After a month of SF4, HD Remix feels very refreshing; simplistic and yet far more balanced than IV ever will be.

Some disconnects here and there before the character select, but its far less frequent. Got my Dhalsim's ass handed by a Guile in two battles, but won the third one with Yoga noogies. Unfortunately the pansy disconnected before i could lay the final head smash in the last round.

Okay guys, I'm using Guile and Chun Li.

1. What's the best way to stuff or block Vega's wall dive with these characters?

2. What's the best counter to Vega's super with these characters?

Thanks for the pointers.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, Eggo congrats. You're definitely the best player I've played online. Are you going to attend Evo?

Yeah, I'm planning to go, but there's a chance I may have to work that weekend. We'll see.

Okay guys, I'm using Guile and Chun Li.

1. What's the best way to stuff or block Vega's wall dive with these characters?

2. What's the best counter to Vega's super with these characters?

Thanks for the pointers.

Anybody?

Or how about I just bump this so we can suck Eggo off some more? :p

I can't find shit on SRK. That site is more of a damn mess than neoGAF. :|

Also can't seem to find any videos relating to my characters on Youtube. :mad:

Ferrio

Banned
Anybody?

Or how about I just bump this so we can suck Eggo off some more? :p

I can't find shit on SRK. That site is more of a damn mess than neoGAF. :|

Also can't seem to find any videos relating to my characters on Youtube. :mad:

Think J.HK with chun li will take care of any wall dives.

Guile... I don't know.. c.fp? Don't ever play as him.

Thanks Ferrio. I'll give it a shot.

Also if anybody is up for it, I generally put in at least five matches a night around 9-10PM EST. I limit myself to keep my blood pressure and NERD RAGE under control. :p

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks Ferrio. I'll give it a shot.

Also if anybody is up for it, I generally put in at least five matches a night around 9-10PM EST. I limit myself to keep my blood pressure and NERD RAGE under control. :p

If you're on PSN, I'm willing to see if I can still play as Barlog heh.

GhaleonQ

Guys, some questions about Street Fighter etiquette. I go to a really tough school, and would like to do things other than games and play other games than Street Fighter 2. If I only play 1 character online (Cammy) because I only have time to play 1 well (I think), is that considered cheesy, cheap, or annoying? I've gotten some compliments mailed to me, but I always feel stupid when I play against some demi-god 5-character player (especially when they can beat me with all of them).

Also, what's the skill level in friendly match areas compared to scored ones? I haven't ventured there yet, since I don't know what the "rules" are.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GhaleonQ said:
Guys, some questions about Street Fighter etiquette. I go to a really tough school, and would like to do things other than games and play other games than Street Fighter 2. If I only play 1 character online (Cammy) because I only have time to play 1 well (I think), is that considered cheesy, cheap, or annoying? I've gotten some compliments mailed to me, but I always feel stupid when I play against some demi-god 5-character player (especially when they can beat me with all of them).

Also, what's the skill level in friendly match areas compared to scored ones? I haven't ventured there yet, since I don't know what the "rules" are.

Generally, the biggest difference between ranked and player is more Akumas in ranked.

That's about the only thing frowned upon these days, and it deserves to be.

As for playing only one char- it will get you killed- if they see you just play Cammy, expect to see Honda ALL day.

GhaleonQ

arstal said:
Generally, the biggest difference between ranked and player is more Akumas in ranked.

That's about the only thing frowned upon these days, and it deserves to be.

As for playing only one char- it will get you killed- if they see you just play Cammy, expect to see Honda ALL day.

Ah, thanks. That was my main concern, since most people in the general lobby just have a good time with their 2 or 3 favorites.

Grayman

So I just noticed that if you quick match friendly on the PS3 there is no way to leave without quitting the game! I had to check the bbq and had no way to soft quit on the guy I was playing.

AkuMifune

Banned
Hey did I miss something or did they change the way ranked matches work in the update? I could have sworn before that when someone bailed from a match I got the win, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Maybe this is old news, but during June 22nd-June 28th, this will be 30% Off (so 840 MS points I think). Or so says my Official Xbox magazine.

I haven't bought it for 360 yet. I will get it now!

PacoDG

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Maybe this is old news, but during June 22nd-June 28th, this will be 30% Off (so 840 MS points I think). Or so says my Official Xbox magazine.

I haven't bought it for 360 yet. I will get it now!

Sure enough http://majornelson.com/archive/2009...k-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix.aspx

This weeks Deal of the Week is now available.
The Xbox LIVE Arcade title Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix normally 1200 points is now available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members for 800 points.

Add Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix to your Xbox 360 download queue

$10 gets you one sixth of the way toward Street Fighter IV though... but still good for anyone who just wants the original with beefed up graphics.

Intended to buy this for a while and I made the decision and bought the points, log in to Live to find out it's 33% off. It's a sign!!

Bought it, now I have to get a fighting pad of some sort, the 360 pad is terrible for this game. I could play VF5 okay with the analogue stick, but this is too tough and not having 6 face buttons is just torture.

Great game though, just finished it with Blanka. Need a lot more practice before I'll play it online.

Top Bottom