• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW this thread really brings up memories :lol I can't believe it's still alive!

Oh good times, when I was actually decent at this game... SFIV pretty much ruined it all for me.

GriffD17

lemon__fresh said:
It's so true. Especially when this game is actually better than sf4. :lol

I refuse to make comparisons. Both are super fun. But the player lobby in this is all sorts of wonderful.

Seiken said:
WOW this thread really brings up memories :lol I can't believe it's still alive!

Oh good times, when I was actually decent at this game... SFIV pretty much ruined it all for me.

why can't you guys play more than one fighting game? Is it because you're trying to win at the next evo or sumthing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lemon__fresh said:
why can't you guys play more than one fighting game? Is it because you're trying to win at the next evo or sumthing?
You know it.
_dementia said:
just you watch, evo 2K10:
Seiken
Daigo
JWong
YOU KNOW IT.

Rare footage of Seiken actually getting angry, bitches!

ScOULaris

Well, Daigo didn't exactly make an impression with HD Remix at this year's EVO. Lost his first match.

Although it is understandable since:

A) He has probably been playing SFIV exclusively.
B) He had never played HD Remix prior to Evo.

Let's not forget, however, how Godly Daigo was in Super Turbo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wdoe2qFqo

Best tournament clutch player out there.

Yoshichan

Daigo never played HDR, ever so it's pretty safe to say that he didn't care at all (losing his first match). He came to EVO and got what he wanted, in SF4 :)

Singho

Been back on HD Remix in a big way after work for the past few months.

Enjoy it so much much then IV again. Lobbies with your mates and I just enjoy having a few quick fights on this a night then my previous sessions on IV lately.

Anyway, got bored and decided to get some achievements that I've not bothered with.

Saw the "Master of All Things: Win with every character on Ranked"

I can do that, and I did. 16-2 it was and about 4 droppers. Didn't take long and then noted that it didn't unlock.

Realised I had to use Akuma and my score went up to 16-13 before I won! Can't use that fool for shit and I felt like a cunt every time I was selecting him and then coming up against ace players that thought I was an Akuma whore!!111

Never mind, never using him again. Don't understand how I've come across a few Akuma's that do absolute crazy amounts of damage and I was chipping away against Daigo level players!

Think the 100 Ranked Wins will be next, don't think I've played much Ranked but I can't imagine it taking long. Beating Akuma on Arcade and getting 5 Perfects is going to be the ones that waste my time.

Whats the GAF HD RMX tag?

I don't see what's so horrible about it, it's the exact same as the original arcade intro, only sharper and smoother with more details. Of course, I never did figure out the deal with the tongue back in the original arcade intro...

Dali

Dreamwriter said:
I don't see what's so horrible about it, it's the exact same as the original arcade intro, only sharper and smoother with more details. Of course, I never did figure out the deal with the tongue back in the original arcade intro...
More detail? I don't think so. Try less detail with a much uglier character design and odd/choppy 'animation'.

Dali

Dreamwriter said:
Eh? This here is the original, you obviously have some image in your mind of some amazing intro that never was :)
I had SF Anniversary edition and watched it almost every time I'd play SF3. I think maybe your eyes are broken if you can't see the level of detail is a lot greater in the original than the Udon one. The resolution may be higher, but the detail in the sprites is no contest. The only thing I misjudged was the quality of the "animation". I specifically thought Chun Li's pan across the screen was a little better, but that still doesn't change the fact that all-around the og is better animated. Perhaps it's just the overall more polished look that makes the animation look better. The only thing you can really argue against is the character design being better on the original. But there's no accounting for taste if you think the new one is superior or even equal.

Agent X

Dreamwriter said:

The animation is definitely off from where it should be. Ryu's arm movement was altered in such a way that it looks like he's using his hand to wipe his nose.

If they could have fixed the animation, then it could've been a worthwhile intro sequence. Instead, they chose to discard it altogether.

Unlike some people here, I've never had a problem with Udon's artwork. However, it's evident their artists' background and expertise is with comic illustration rather than animation.

Rendition

All the Switch Ultra Street Fighter talk has me itching for some old school Street Fighter 2 action.

Wondering if I should re-sub Xbox Live for one month to scratch my itch.

Is this game's 360 online community still active?

Top Bottom