• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Symphonia PC-Port is a mess!

L.O.R.D

Many get PC version for free and PS3 is not really superior (even for $5).
I don't have any problem with (except 720p, off course)

Superior version = also locked at 30 fps?

The only correct way to play Symphonia is on GameCube.

Nah, this is the superior version:

60 FPS (50 for PAL versions, still better than 30 tho), any resolution you want (1440p in my case), proper widescreen with a simple fix, no extra typos, working non-english languages etc.

sorry , i meant the almost no bugs version.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Here are what the trading cards and badges look like, for the curious.

Besides the fact that they look kinda bad, there is also this.

Az0ZVx1.png

ODArEce.png

They really didn't give a damn, did they?

Jesus Christ.

JESUS. CHRIST.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I can't believe so many people are defending this game on the steam forums.

But we asked for Japanese games on Steam and we have them now, isn't that enough?

There's bare-bones ports, and then there's "QA? how do you pronounce that? Is it a type of cheese?" and this one takes the cake.

People are defending it here despite the fact that if you set the language other than English, it simply isn't playable. That tone-deaf attitude is not only scary, but seems to give publishers carte blanche to not give a fuck when it comes to localisation and port quality.

Nah, this is the superior version:

60 FPS (50 for PAL versions, still better than 30 tho), any resolution you want (1440p in my case), proper widescreen with a simple fix, no extra typos, working non-english languages etc.
I disagree. You see the Gamecube PAL version also runs the whole game at 5/6 of the speed (outside of FMVs, whereas the PS3 version runs at the correct speed) which really makes the battles a lot duller plus the game a lot longer...not that you would tell from the in-game clock as that also runs slow.

Weirdly enough a modded Gamecube can force the PAL version into 480p/60 no problem (I imagine Dolphin might be able to do something like that too...) and it is the only Gamecube version of ToS that can do that.

Our glorious saviour, Jim Sterling, hath posted a video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumYUzVDTuI

Thank god for Jim.
Wonder what would happen if he played a Musou game on PC? The fact he has never complain about Koei seems like an elephant in the room...unless of course mentioned it in this video...

Durante

After finishing up the article, I wondered how long this would take. The answer is 14 minutes.

screenshot_2016-02-02x3ucz.png

screenshot_2016-02-02bfuz0.png

screenshot_2016-02-02h7uj0.png

screenshot_2016-02-02exudp.png

It seems to be fine from initial testing in all scenarios of the game, including cutscenes, exploration, skits and battles. Videos are broken, would probably require another 15 minutes to fix. No wonder B-N couldn't bother.

Tizoc

After finishing up the article, I wondered how long this would take. The answer is 14 minutes.

It seems to be fine from initial testing in all scenarios of the game, including cutscenes, exploration, skits and battles. Videos are broken, would probably require another 15 minutes to fix. No wonder B-N couldn't bother.

1- Please put them in Quote tags!
2- Bless you Durante
3- Part of me doesn't want you to make this fix public, the other does
4- In fact call up Bamco, tell them you'll do this port for a respectable sum and then let them update the game with it :V

Rodin

So it took 14 minutes to unlock the internal res, but they couldn't be bothered to do it themselves. As much as i loved the game on the Gamecube, are they expecting me to buy this?

Kraftwerk

Jeysus Christ...

The people in charge of this port should bow down and kiss Durante's feet.

I am sitll not sure to buy this or not. I dont want to reward these lazy fucks who didnt bother to do this, something that a SINGLE person did in 14 minutes.

Yet dont want Durante's efforts to go to waste. blah

So it took 14 minutes to unlock the internal res, but they couldn't be bothered to do it themselves. As much as i loved the game on the Gamecube, are they expecting me to buy this?

They are going for the cheap $$$, so yes they want you to buy this shit port.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Jesus Crap Dancing Fucking Christ.

Update that tag.

LMAO! Damn, Namco. You could've just given the job to someone like QLOC if you didn't want to put in the effort.

Nibel

Ridiculous

Seronei

A small patch just happened. Not sure what it did, isn't a resolution fix at least from a quick load up.

Probably the Windows 7 load time bug. Since that's the only thing they've said they'll fix.

EDIT: according to steam forums it's not that, no idea what they fixed.

Top Bottom