• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The third Sonic Wii U game might be Sonic vs. Mario Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALM5252

Whatever they end up doing, I hope it will be good. But perhaps the rumor would mainly be something like, "Mario Kart 8 Featuring Sonic The Hedgehog". He could be the ONLY guest character while (if true) Sumo reinvents the Mario Kart series if they develop it.

At times like this, I wish Nintendo had bought out Hudson, or at least the Bomberman IP....I would like him in a Mario Kart game. He did have some sort of Kart racing game. Lol

This is almost definitely NOT Sonic popping up in Mario Kart. Whatever this is, Sumo is at least heavily involved. They ain't gonna know jack shit about any Sonic cameos in Nintendo games- that's a conversation between Nintendo and Sega. Sega don't even own Sumo.

NeonZ

This is almost definitely NOT Sonic popping up in Mario Kart. Whatever this is, Sumo is at least heavily involved. They ain't gonna know jack shit about any Sonic cameos in Nintendo games- that's a conversation between Nintendo and Sega. Sega don't even own Sumo.

It could happen if they're using some assets from Sumo's racing games - tracks or vehicles.

BowieZ

Banned
I hope they have been working on it for the past two years then, look how long it has taken for Pikmin 3.

I hope you are right though...
Console Mario Kart can be done in far-above-average quality within 6 months if Iwata desires. I just don't think there was ever such a priority for Pikmin.

It could happen if they're using some assets from Sumo's racing games - tracks or vehicles.

Eh, I suppose. That could happen. I just see it being very unlikely.

Especially seeing as the Twitter conversation referred to Sumo's own plans for a future game. This story at its most base level is "Sumo in early conversations about next game".

Makonero

If Sonic is in Mario Kart, don't give him a cart. Just make him run alongside the rest at a leisurely pace. In fact, instead of motorcycles, just make certain characters run or ride Yoshi.

bomblord

Banned
I don't know why but I feel like adding Sonic and friends would somehow detract from the game.

I know it has no basis but it just wouldn't "feel" right to me.

This would be a great idea if Sonic and Co. were all on foot. Then you'd basically be running them down in go karts.

Why aren't I in charge of Nintendo, GAF?

AntMurda

This would be a great idea if Sonic and Co. were all on foot. Then you'd basically be running them down in go karts.

Why aren't I in charge of Nintendo, GAF?

Your game sucks. Nintendo fans would rather have a Mario Kart game with Samus in her ship and Falcon in his hovercraft before Sonic and shitty friends no one knows exists.

sakipon

I don't like the idea of Sonic running. Racing is not only about the speed, it's about mastering your vehicle. Therefore you need a vehicle if you want to win a racing competition.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
man, Saturn had some unique games! I'd love to see them on a virtual console service.

Surely it's possible to accurately emulate the thing by now on consoles/PC?

TrueBlue

Once you get over holding A to make Sonic run, I don't think it'd be too difficult to imagine controlling a running Sonic. He drifts by himself in the main games anyway.

Taker666

One thing I wouldn't mind..

...Mario Kart Wii U...with a "Sonic vs Mario Kart" game as DLC (created by Sumo) released 3-6 months later.

That way you get your pure Mario Kart game and a spin-off for those who want it.

Camjo-Z

I would actually want to see a sequel to Sonic R, it was pretty fun aside from the extremely short length and ridiculous balancing.

WORK IT OUT, WORK IT OUT, TALK ABOUT IT

I would actually want to see a sequel to Sonic R, it was pretty fun aside from the extremely short length and ridiculous balancing.

WORK IT OUT, WORK IT OUT, TALK ABOUT IT

I'd LOVE to see TT Games make another Sonic game, especially if Richard Jacques is back for it.

They rarely get to make anything non-Lego (and it's usually TT Fusion who do non-Lego games when it happens), the last main TT Games non-Lego game was Prince Caspian, but that was greenlit before the WB buyout. Would explain why they didn't make a 3rd Narnia game when the movie came out, I guess WB never wants TT Games doing non-WB non-Lego licenses. :'(

Meelow

Banned
Don't know if this was posted but.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/20/rumour-sources-claim-info-on-the-seganintendo-alliance/

The community has been recently shocked with the news of the Nintendo and Sega partnership revealed at the latest Nintendo Direct, last Friday, along with the reveal of two of the three Sonic games that Nintendo consoles will receive: Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 and Sonic Lost Worlds. Well, today we have some more info about the third mysterious one.

According to what a source close to Nintendo revealed to Sonic Paradise, the third exclusive game will be a racing game. This fits with the recent rumours coming from a month old twitter conversation between Steve Lycett of Sumo Digital and some of our reporters: Ryan Bloom and myself, Andrea Gil, in where Steve Lycett teases about the possibility of seeing a racing game who mixes Sonic and other companies characters, clearly Nintendo ones after the exclusivity deal made public a few days ago. But, as our sources says, this one might not be the same Steve Lycett was teasing.

This game is not a Sonic & All Stars Racing new instalment, neither it is a Mario Kart Vs Sonic All Stars Racing game. If fact, our source says it’s not even sure its a kart racer, but its a racing game from the Sonic series for sure. It’s being made with the idea of taking Mario Kart’s U place until it gets released, next 2014, as this new Sonic racer would be released later this year in it’s place, around Christmas time. According to the source, this racing game will feature Nintendo characters along with Sonic ones.

According to all those information, our bet goes to a new Sonic Riders instalment, since it’s not a kart racer, although it’s a racing game, coming from the Sonic series and Sonic only, and it has seen guest characters from other series before, like Nights or Billy Hatcher. We will have to wait until a later date for the official reveal, proving this source is legit.

But our info is not only about this third game. We also have some information about Sonic Lost Words. According to our source, this is a main series game, and similar to Sonic Colors ” As it updates the saga with new abilities, worlds, and characters“, according to the source words, as we can expect to see some sort of gimmick similar to the Wisps on Sonic Colors. The source also claims this game is ” Something huge“.

All those games are being developed by SEGA, although they have Nintendo’s support and collaboration. Nintendo and SEGA are also in talks for more collaborations outside of the Sonic series, so we should expect more interesting exclusive Sega/Nintendo games in the future.

Last, but not least, the source also talked about the presence of SEGA characters at the next Super Smash Bros. game. According to it, Sonic will make a comeback, and Bayonetta will join the cast as one of the newcomers of this game. More info was revealed about Super Smash Bros, that we will reveal at a later report exclusively about Nintendo.

We are confident about this source legitimacy, but as it not official and it can still change some bits as time goes, we will label this as a RUMOR. We will come out of doubts soon, as there will be more info about Sonic Lost Worlds very soon, and maybe also the third game could be shown soon.

Sonic vs Mario - Kart Racing

Or

Super Smash Kart?

ib0uQqwjWsTHQl.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't know why this old thread has been bumped but I'll post in it anyway to say that I don't care what the next racer is by Sumo as long as it's made by Sumo. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if Mario and Sonic Racing became a thing. It's about time there was a Mario and Sonic game that wasn't another Olympics game. Plus maybe with that branding Sumo will actually get the sales they deserve.

Just put Sonic in Mario Kart and call it a day.

For a console struggling with a constant lineup of software and diversity, two exclusive mascot racers in one year sounds like a dumb plan.

DSix

Banned
It only means Sonic as a character in MK8, and a Mario character DLC for All Stars Racing on Wii U. Nothing big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom