• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Shy

Dylan talked a bit about this in a sculpting session with Media Molecule. They use voxels for the lighting, but something called layered depth cube for characters, and I assume the buildings, island etc. It's at 10:30 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yav0SIUB2pg
Forgot to mention that i watched this vid a couple of weeks ago, absolutely loved it.
I could easly watch more technical vids with Dylan, while someone is casually playing Dreams (or another game)
Beta testers get this super duper special costume too:

thetomorrowchildren.png
hl1xspL.gif

Beautiful.

demolitio

We want as many people in as possible but if it is open and it goes viral, we lose control of what we are testing. ie. the possibility is that it becomes a little too unpredictable.

Mayors would be overthrown left and right and the iron curtain would fall. :p

hesido

I think I'm out of luck with a TR account (because we are grouped in the middle east region and this seems to be Europe)

Could've applied from my UK account I guess. Anyway I'll wait for the game to release then.

goonergaz

I got an email asking me to sign up...but I already had :S

edit - looks like I'm in for 21-23;

"Sign up for the closed beta by 14 January to play The Tomorrow Children from 21-23 January 2016. As a reward for your stellar efforts, we will give you an exclusive costume for the full game."

Still verifying number of sign ups, but they were pleasantly surprising to say the least-and we will have some ways to get a code even if you weren't selected, so keep hope alive!

Sad to say the acceptance email rounds are indeed wrapping up, but there are still some outliers. If you don't hear anything by the end of this week, then...time to start looking for a contact in the Ministry lol

Pachimari

I got nothing too, but I do remember I got access to some alpha a long time ago. Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Man I'm sad now.

People who were part of the alpha, have they already gotten their beta key?

redhood56

Banned
I'm glad the alpha people are in again! I enjoyed it the first time but I am glad that so much more was added since I last played.

ChrisDM

I thought I signed up for this, but I hope I'm remembering correctly. Are invites fully done being sent out though? I will forever keep my fingers crossed. This game is beautiful.

I'll try to be better about streaming the beta. I streamed the alpha once, but nobody really paid attention, so I didn't bother after that.

I'm a bit of a Craftaru though, so most people may find it a bit boring. :p At least I keep my fellow Citizens supplied with the tools they need though! ^.^

I'll try to be better about streaming the beta. I streamed the alpha once, but nobody really paid attention, so I didn't bother after that.

I'm a bit of a Craftaru though, so most people may find it a bit boring. :p At least I keep my fellow Citizens supplied with the tools they need though! ^.^

Somebody's got to keep those wheels turning lol

It will be good to see what roles people take up on a large scale.

randomkid

when is this game supposed to be released anyways?

my PS4 PSN 20% off coupon expires at the end of February, but I guess a release before then is pritty pri-tty unlikely huh.

Top Bottom