• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Menome

Missed out on the Alpha, so fingers crossed I'll be able to give this a go. Certainly one of the most original-looking games that I'm looking forward to.

Shy

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/userInfo.php?enroll=TTC < if that doesn't take you to sign up then click EU blog link and click again on link in third paragraph.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...n-closed-beta-starts-in-january-sign-up-here/

EU participants get the exclusive costume offered to NA testers too.
Just signed up for this one too.
Fear not, all eager children will be noted...
xsVXa2r.png

*crosses fingers*

HiVision

I remember when this was a 2015 game. I wonder what happened. It looked super polished last year.

Dylan here, we simply went crazy and added a whole ton of content and made the game a persistent online game. The alpha had "stage clear" and "stage fail" situations but because of the awesome feedback we got during the test we decided to go whole hog on it so you can live in a town for as long as you can keep it alive. :)

HiVision

Also, this beta test will allow you to move freely between towns as you like. So if you want to create a neogaffer town you can. It will be basically the final game minus a few tweaks influenced by the test itself. (and any bug fixes or fixes for problems we encounter!)

Ferr986

Dylan here, we simply went crazy and added a whole ton of content and made the game a persistent online game. The alpha had "stage clear" and "stage fail" situations but because of the awesome feedback we got during the test we decided to go whole hog on it so you can live in a town for as long as you can keep it alive. :)

Sounds good! Seems like the delay is gonna be worth afterall.

HiVision

Original looking artstyle, but really don't like it, gives me the creeps

It's meant to be a little creepy, it's an alternative timeline for a creepy soviet state 50 years from now!

I just got back from PSX where massiveduck and I demoed the game to lots of amazing PS fans, and we had a blast showing them all the new cool stuff. We couldn't get most players off the game even after 30 minutes of standing there playing.

Machina

Banned

If you guys felt delaying it would make it even better, I absolutely support that :) NOWREWARDMYLOYALTYWITHBETA *ahem* sorry ._.

This has been one of my most watched future titles, I love the style and have added my name for the EU Beta (PSN Username - iamme72).

Fingers crossed!

hesido

That was supposed to be in "The day after tomorrow children", I should have been enjoying the release version by now!

The alpha was a lot of goddamn fun, I played it endlessly. That was over a year ago I think, something like that. Can't wait to see what that game is now.

addik

Signed up for the US beta, as my console is US and thus, I have a US account, but I'll be playing all the way from the Philippines. Will I be able to join the beta (if ever I do get a key), or will they lock me out since I'm from a different region?

If it's the latter, I'll also hold on to my key in case I get one.

AHK_Hero

Signed up! Been looking forward to this game since I saw its reveal.

Love the unique art-style in conjunction with the bleak, cold war aesthetic.

Woohoo!! (^.^)/

Also, this beta test will allow you to move freely between towns as you like. So if you want to create a neogaffer town you can. It will be basically the final game minus a few tweaks influenced by the test itself. (and any bug fixes or fixes for problems we encounter!)
So, it's an actual beta test, and that's why there's no release window yet? You guys rock!! <3

Shy

Sounds dope.

Thanks for the heads up man, hopefully I can get a Beta code; been wanting to check this game out more since they announced it.

nicolajNN

Will the "freely move between towns" be in the finished game, or will it be limited to visiting other towns as you've indicated before?

Anyway, really looking forward to this, loved the alpha

They were giving out these little booklets at PSX that explained the game and included little tickets and fake money. Completely useless stuff but so endearing.I got the sense that the developer is really proud and excited for their game. Can't wait!

Also, I asked about the delay and whether it was due to technical issues or out of control ambition. The developer laughed and said "definitely the second one!"

HiVision

Will the "freely move between towns" be in the finished game, or will it be limited to visiting other towns as you've indicated before?

Anyway, really looking forward to this, loved the alpha

It will be in the finished game, you can move your house to any town too. The beta test is basically the finished game and depending on how it goes we will be able to announce the release date.

Oh, okay. I had actually assumed that it was always a persistent online game. But I'm all for devs taking as long as they need to finish their games. Good luck!

HiVision

Oh, okay. I had actually assumed that it was always a persistent online game. But I'm all for devs taking as long as they need to finish their games. Good luck!

Tim Schafer (Double Fine) sounds like he's going to give it a play, so you never know you could be living in the same town as a celeb like him, that'd be pretty awesome :)

Mik2121

Hey Dylan, first of all, your game looks awesome!
I've been really looking forward to it since the announcement. Hopefully the beta for Japan comes soon!

Cheers :)

Top Bottom