• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Umbrella Academy Teaser - Netflix Superhero Series

bitbydeath

This quote alone has me interested.

graphic novels created by My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way

Premise
The story follows six adopted thirtysomething children of a recently deceased billionaire industrialist.

All are amongst forty-three kids born on the same day in 1989 to women who weren’t pregnant when the day started. Previously estranged, they must now work together to solve a mystery surrounding their father’s death and ultimately an impending global apocalypse.

ten-part superhero sci-fi TV series “The Umbrella Academy” starring Ellen Page, Mary J. Blige, Robert Sheehan and Tom Hopper.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-promo-netflixs-umbrella-academy/

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I binged it over the weekend. It was probably longer than it needed to be, but it was good overall.

sol_bad

My wife and I watched all 10 episodes in 1 day. I haven't read the comic but there wasn't as much action as I would have liked.
Everything else was great though, the look of the show, the direction (outside the action) was good, the characters were great and I loved the music.
If you has Netflix you should check it out.

Finished this. It ended up being quite good. A mix of Wes Anderson and superhero family stuff. They managed to make the many characters all interesting.

dorkimoe

Was waiting for this for awhile and I’m not liking it. It’s a bore. I must be alone in this, but I’m on episode 7 and I find it pointless. The directing is fantastic and the actors are good but the story is confusing and just kinda dumb.

Atrus

Gold Member
I found this show to be really well done. Great characters with a weird mix Wes Anderson vibe akin to Grand Budapest Hotel and The Watchman.

I’ve never even heard of the comics before but liked pretty much every character.

The plot is fairly simplistic and it has more to do with the ‘family’ dynamics of the group but it kept me hooked well into next season.

While I liked the characters individually, I found the show a tad boring. I was hoping that it would improve with each episode but I was disappointed overall

TheUsual

Gold Member
It took me a while to connect the dots with where I heard Hazel's voice before then I realized he played Ed Kemper in Mindhunter.
Overall fun season. Definitely excited with season 2.

Last edited:

Nnam

Neo Member
Don't think I like it, I couldn't get past the first few episodes, nothing seemed definitive with the plot.

HeadsUp7Up

I really enjoyed it and actually like that it wasn’t a ton of episodes. I’d rather have shorter seasons with fewer filler episodes. Looking forward to where they take the series in season 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom