The Ungodly Creatures Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While on a recent trip to Japan, I stopped at the Ueno Zoo for part of a day where I had the pleasure of seeing the Flying Foxes in person. They were just hanging around in the trees above our heads; pretty cool and creepy all at the same time.

In the rodent exhibit, there were also rodents that had the body and head of a mouse, and the legs and hooves of a deer. I checked for Deer Mouse over google image search, but I don't think that's what it was, as it looked even more like a mouse.

Pretty weird whatever it was.

Forkball said:
Coconut Crab :Largest land crab on earth.
There's... not a lot of other crabs that live on land. I can only think of hermit crabs, and even then they still have to keep their gills moist.

I'd contribute a picture of this fish I know of that's a deep sea fish who's lower jaw is connected to the rest of the body by only a little sliver of tissue, but for the life of me I can't remember what the name was, and can't find a picture : (

Great thread! A lot of the animals are just fun to look at, and I just watched a video on the Spider Crab this morning. Very cool, but there's this:

subzero9285 said:

Scaly Dragonfish

I'd literally cry if something like that was chasing me in the water. Heck, I don't even feel safe looking at the picture. That's gotta be the scariest creature I've ever seen.

Blob Fish

[/QUOTE]
Is that a Pokemon?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Fantastical said:
Kill me now. If I ever saw that in real life I would... god I don't know. I've got goose bumps all over just thinking about it.
I would have the exact same reaction if it was black and sounded like a rattlesnake.

And covered individuals in large groups, injecting a toxin when thrown by that individual.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
subzero9285 said:
Giant Jellyfish (Echizen kurage)

What do you mean not to scale? Is it not really that ginormous? Because if there really is a fucking jellyfish the size of a damn bus floating around in the ocean, FUCK going in the water. Seriously. The ocean has THE most whacked out creatures on this planet. Hell, I think that a lobster is a freakin' alien-lookin' mother fucker.

And someone a long time ago said "OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???....... I wonder if he tastes good..."

Status
Not open for further replies.