• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ungodly Creatures Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Coconut Crab :Largest land crab on earth. They have been known to steal shiny things, but no one is courageous enough to stop them:

2m5jlhs.jpg

The-Largest-Land-Invertebrate-Coconut-Crab-2.jpg

Japanese Spider Crab: The largest crab alive. They can live up to 100 years, thoroughly terrifying your children and grandchildren.

spider-crab.jpg

152097082_a0788d18af.jpg

Giant Golden-Crowned Flying Fox: The largest bat in the world. It lives in the Phillipines and can have a wingspan of five feet.

166405_7.jpg

photo.jpg

Share others.

Forkball said:
Coconut Crab

Fuuuck... add spider hair to that thing and that is what was in my nightmare last night/early this moring. Lots of those things all over my room.... I was relieved upon waking up.

Hammer

While on a recent trip to Japan, I stopped at the Ueno Zoo for part of a day where I had the pleasure of seeing the Flying Foxes in person. They were just hanging around in the trees above our heads; pretty cool and creepy all at the same time.

In the rodent exhibit, there were also rodents that had the body and head of a mouse, and the legs and hooves of a deer. I checked for Deer Mouse over google image search, but I don't think that's what it was, as it looked even more like a mouse.

32.jpg

Pretty weird whatever it was.

Man, these dudes all look like pokemon. And holy fucking shit at the gigantic bat, that is frightening. He does look friendly though, like he wants to give me a hug.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
VIRUSES!
05Ion.jpg

That fact that these things can't really be classified as either living or non-living is just scary.

Mike M

Nick N
Forkball said:
Coconut Crab :Largest land crab on earth.

There's... not a lot of other crabs that live on land. I can only think of hermit crabs, and even then they still have to keep their gills moist.

I'd contribute a picture of this fish I know of that's a deep sea fish who's lower jaw is connected to the rest of the body by only a little sliver of tissue, but for the life of me I can't remember what the name was, and can't find a picture : (

Great thread! A lot of the animals are just fun to look at, and I just watched a video on the Spider Crab this morning. Very cool, but there's this:

subzero9285 said:
SeaCreature1.jpg

Scaly Dragonfish

134220.jpg
I'd literally cry if something like that was chasing me in the water. Heck, I don't even feel safe looking at the picture. That's gotta be the scariest creature I've ever seen.

Blob Fish

blobfish.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is that a Pokemon?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Fantastical said:
Kill me now. If I ever saw that in real life I would... god I don't know. I've got goose bumps all over just thinking about it.

I would have the exact same reaction if it was black and sounded like a rattlesnake.

And covered individuals in large groups, injecting a toxin when thrown by that individual.

Teknoman

Apharmd said:
AHHHH OH MY GOD WHY DID I GO INTO THIS THREAD BEFORE GOING TO BED HOLY SHIT

This isnt anywhere as bad as the scary bug topic. That topic needed to be tossed into the furthest reaches of space.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
subzero9285 said:
Giant Jellyfish (Echizen kurage)

giant-jelly-fish-deep-ocean-life-fo.jpg

What do you mean not to scale? Is it not really that ginormous? Because if there really is a fucking jellyfish the size of a damn bus floating around in the ocean, FUCK going in the water. Seriously. The ocean has THE most whacked out creatures on this planet. Hell, I think that a lobster is a freakin' alien-lookin' mother fucker.

lobster1.jpg

And someone a long time ago said "OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???....... I wonder if he tastes good..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom