• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ungodly Creatures Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Axolotl

vpx5q8.jpg

Shiggie

mr jones said:
What do you mean not to scale? Is it not really that ginormous? Because if there really is a fucking jellyfish the size of a damn bus floating around in the ocean, FUCK going in the water. Seriously. The ocean has THE most whacked out creatures on this planet. Hell, I think that a lobster is a freakin' alien-lookin' mother fucker.

lobster1.jpg

And someone a long time ago said "OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???....... I wonder if he tastes good..."
a1147_2958.jpg

Caribbean Lobster. soooo delicious.

Chichikov

mr jones said:
What do you mean not to scale? Is it not really that ginormous? Because if there really is a fucking jellyfish the size of a damn bus floating around in the ocean, FUCK going in the water. Seriously.
That picture is BS, those things only get to be 2 meters long.
Only 2 meters, and they're not even the biggest jellyfish in the world.
Yeah, fuck going in the water, it's also filled with goblin sharks.

Hammer said:
While on a recent trip to Japan, I stopped at the Ueno Zoo for part of a day where I had the pleasure of seeing the Flying Foxes in person. They were just hanging around in the trees above our heads; pretty cool and creepy all at the same time.

In the rodent exhibit, there were also rodents that had the body and head of a mouse, and the legs and hooves of a deer. I checked for Deer Mouse over google image search, but I don't think that's what it was, as it looked even more like a mouse.

32.jpg

Pretty weird whatever it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrotain

Darklord

Banned
Skittleguy said:
VIRUSES!
05Ion.jpg

That fact that these things can't really be classified as either living or non-living is just scary.

Thats a virus? It looks like some shitty new pokemon design.

CancerTeeth

Neo Member
Chichikov said:
That picture is BS, those things only get to be 2 meters long.
Only 2 meters, and they're not even the biggest jellyfish in the world.
Yeah, fuck going in the water, it's also filled with goblin sharks.

HOLY FUCKING HELL! That goblin shark is by far the most frightening sea creature I've ever seen- just looking like another normal shark when it's JAW COMES OFF IT'S HEAD.

Fuck sleep tonight.

Wallach

FUCK the entire ocean, I swear to god. What's even worse is that there is still a ton of life down there that we have never discovered. You know why Cthulhu sleeps beneath the waves? Because fuck the ocean, that's why.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wallach said:
FUCK the entire ocean, I swear to god. What's even worse is that there is still a ton of life down there that we have never discovered.
I completely agree. The ocean is terrifying. :(

Dead Man

Dude, you left out the best Coconut crab image:

2m5jlhs.jpg

And yeah, fuck those goblin sharks, they're like the mouth snappers in Aliens. Fuck that right off.

s4p6wp.jpg

"The dugong is a cousin of the manatee and is closely related to the elephant. The dugong is unique in that it has a split (whale-like) tail and will “perch” underwater on its tail in order to keep its head above water. The dugong is thought to have inspired ancient myths about mermaids. The dugong is threatened by poachers who hunt the animal for its meat, oil, skin and bones. It is extremely endangered."

ih7jf9.jpg

"This unusual amphibian is blind, lives to 100, and goes ten years at a stretch without food. It lives in the subterranean waters of Italy, Croatia and Herzegovenia, where it skeeves out the locals with its strange, human-like skin. Its nickname, in fact, is the “human fish”. Unlike most amphibians, the olm lives in the water for its whole life. Another oddity of the olm: its neotenic (larval) gills."

JzeroT1437 said:
s4p6wp.jpg

"The dugong is a cousin of the manatee and is closely related to the elephant. The dugong is unique in that it has a split (whale-like) tail and will “perch” underwater on its tail in order to keep its head above water. The dugong is thought to have inspired ancient myths about mermaids. The dugong is threatened by poachers who hunt the animal for its meat, oil, skin and bones. It is extremely endangered."

How is that ungodly? He's adorable.

Tom_Cody

Hammer said:
While on a recent trip to Japan, I stopped at the Ueno Zoo for part of a day where I had the pleasure of seeing the Flying Foxes in person. They were just hanging around in the trees above our heads; pretty cool and creepy all at the same time.

In the rodent exhibit, there were also rodents that had the body and head of a mouse, and the legs and hooves of a deer. I checked for Deer Mouse over google image search, but I don't think that's what it was, as it looked even more like a mouse.

32.jpg

Pretty weird whatever it was.
As SatelliteOfLove said, that is a Chevrotain. I volunteer at the Central Park Zoo and we have a few in our collection. Amazingly, some scientists believe that they are the only remaining relative of the land-mammal that eventually evolved into whales.

Indohyus.jpg

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,524614,00.html

Binabik15

Nuking the oceans would be a good start, to bad those weird motherfuckers would become even scarier.

Nature runs rampant when it thinks nobody looks in it´s direction.

123rl

subzero9285 said:
Naked Mole Rat

nacktmull.jpg

penis-with-legs.jpg

Naked_Mole_Rat.gif

It goes from cute to fugly to fucking evil-scary in three pictures. Burn it with fire!

Is the Coconut Crab the same crab that was on an episode of Wild Boyz? The one that ripped huge chunks out of Steve-O? :D

idahoblue said:

2m5jlhs.jpg

And yeah, fuck those goblin sharks, they're like the mouth snappers in Aliens. Fuck that right off.

If I ever saw that on my trash can I'd never go near it again. If some of these ocean creatures ever evolve and start walking around up here, well, it's going to suck for future generations.

DangerStepp

sonarrat said:
I love that giant bat! Once you realize they're just mammals with wings, they don't seem so scary.

255i4yg.jpg

I don't know why, but every time I see this pic I imagine having two weiners.

subzero9285 said:
Grenadiers

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd138/subzero9285/Sub/874446150_5e8ca48b4b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

What in the name of Jesus, protector of all that is good and holy is that thing?

Teknoman

idahoblue said:

2m5jlhs.jpg

Wow :lol Thats crazy. How fast do these crabs move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom