• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Urbz: Sims in the City screens (Nintendo DS)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
921973_20040715_screen001.jpg

921973_20040715_screen002.jpg

921973_20040715_screen003.jpg

921973_20040715_screen004.jpg

921973_20040715_screen005.jpg

921973_20040715_screen006.jpg

Memles

Seems to me that rather than try to build something comparable to the PC/Console versions, they decided to amp up the detail on the GBA Game.

Didn't expect anything more from EA.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
HAAHAHAHA What is that thing flashing the peace sign!?

Oh my, bad shots to release to the public is what I'm thinking.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ew...

Seems to be the art direction more than anything else... =/

Fugly. Regardless of how the PSP sells vs the DS, I think it's clear that the PSP will be worlds ahead graphically. So all of you Graphics whores (which I'm not because I'm a PS2 fan and we're not allowed to be graphics whores), know where you need to be.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
sonycowboy said:
Fugly. Regardless of how the PSP sells vs the DS, I think it's clear that the PSP will be worlds ahead graphically. So all of you Graphics whores (which I'm not because I'm a PS2 fan and we're not allowed to be graphics whores), know where you need to be.
I don't think this game is good to use as an example of the DS's graphical capabilities.

Should we assume that the flood of DS info is coming soon?

Anyway, this story is further illustration that we don't have a damned clue what the launch lineup for the DS will be.

Greekboy

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
Should we assume that the flood of DS info is coming soon?

Anyway, this story is further illustration that we don't have a damned clue what the launch lineup for the DS will be.

What exactly does the above have to do with those horrible looking pics?

Greekboy

Banned
Well we all know that the DS is capable of a lot more than those weak grabs. Too many rails of coke snorted by the EA staff before the release of those pics.

Phoenix

Take a PC game (assuming you've seen the demo anyways) that completely sucked ass and bring that level of suckitude to the DS - but launch it early when there isn't much content, guaranteeing that people will at least look at the box.

Genius!

So you can scratch phat beats on the turntable touchscreen style? That's pretty neat I guess. I'd rather see a full blown music game based on turntable scratching on the DS though. THAT would be cool.

SantaC

Lisa Lashes said:
That's not saying much though.

Yeah it's not saying much but since this isn't GBA2. I am satiesfied with NDS capabilites. Now If NDS would been the succesor to GBA it would dissapoint me.

Greekboy

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Yeah it's not saying much but since this isn't GBA2. I am satiesfied with NDS capabilites. Now If NDS would been the succesor to GBA it would dissapoint me.

I don't think you probably would have. Look how many Nintendo fans were pleased as punch with the underpowered GBA after the GB.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
StrikerObi said:
I'd rather see a full blown music game based on turntable scratching on the DS though. THAT would be cool.
I third it.

Comeone a touchscreen, you can do tons of unique stuff with the music game genre. Hell you can even do a Kareoke styled game with the unit too.

sonycowboy said:

Funny stuff. The entire premise of the PS2 was built on the premise of revolutionary graphics and to avoid the DC because it was crap compared to the nirvana coming. This attitude only changed out of necessity when PS2 was released and the objective were able to see all of Sony's claims were bold lies.

As for those screens, they're way more clean and detailed than 3D games are gonna be on either system.

Greekboy

Banned
ravingloon said:
This attitude only changed out of necessity when PS2 was released and the objective were able to see all of Sony's claims were bold lies.

Yes. It had nothing to do with the fact that the PS2 was released over a year before the GCN and Xbox ever saw the light of day.

DrLazy

I fail to see how the graphics are bad. Those character models look just like the N64. Isn't the DS about equal to N64 graphic wise?

The Gamespot preview doesn't go into great detail about the use of the two screens, but too bad that it sounds like the touch screen is going to be used for a fancy menu. Seems to me a game like Sims/Urbz would be best suited by putting the main play on the touch screen where the stylus could be used in mouse-like ways, while the second screen could display the stats/needs of the current character you're following, the descriptions of items in the catalog, things like that.

Insertia said:
sure this isn't the cell-phone ver?

Funny, I could have sworn the dual-screen screenshots sorta gave it away as a DS game. There are even options on the lower screens (Ok, back, change) that are obviously there to be hit with the stylus.

Top Bottom