• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

News The US president began his political career with the ‘birtherism’ lie about Obama. He’s doing the same once more

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Jun 15, 2015
Trump should have just shot it down and said definitively thats its not true. Instead he says the lawyer that said it is a highly talented and qualified lawyer, says he’ll look into it, and gives air to the possibility that its true when its not. Even Fox News sighed on their front page. Lazy, lol. You’re a funny one.

Yeah, a simple “Nah, that’s ridiculous.” would have sufficed. Would have stopped it right then and there.

Saying “Oh yeah I heard about that.” Is just feeding his base with more bullshit.

You put enough lies and conspiracies out in the world and eventually enough idiots will believe it to get you re-elected.

Last edited:

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Trump should have just shot it down and said definitively thats its not true. Instead he says the lawyer that said it is a highly talented and qualified lawyer, says he’ll look into it, and gives air to the possibility that its true when its not. Even Fox News sighed on their front page. Lazy, lol. You’re a funny one.

We have video. If he just heard about it, isn't a legal scholar, and doesn't know then he doesn't know.

Yeah, a simple “Nah, that’s ridiculous.” would have sufficed. Would have stopped it right then and there.

Saying “Oh yeah I heard about that.” Is just feeding his base with more bullshit.

You put enough lies and conspiracies out in the world and eventually enough idiots will believe it to get you re-elected.

He was asked a question if he had heard about it. He said he had and didn't know.

You guys can twist in the wind all you want, but we have the video. You are not going to get away with re-contextualization.

You want to reeeee at something do it to the brainlet reporter asking the question.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
So is she eligible or not? Is Obama a real citizen or not? I just want to know where to march with my pitchfork.

I would say Eastmen makes a pretty compelling argument that Kamala just missed the cut off and shouldnt be eligable.

Good luck though finding a judge who would uphold the law. And its really a technicality because now a days anchor babies are considered full on citizens regardless of the parents status.

So technically and if the rule of law was being applied I dont think she is. But its such a small technicallity that its not worth it. Thought I would love to see Judicial Watch sue and bring it to the courts.

As far as Obama no he isnt a citizen. The jig is up we all know he is Justin Trudeau in black face.

• LOL
Reactions: nyr88nyg

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
I would say Eastmen makes a pretty compelling argument that Kamala just missed the cut off and shouldnt be eligable.

Good luck though finding a judge who would uphold the law. And its really a technicality because now a days anchor babies are considered full on citizens regardless of the parents status.

So technically and if the rule of law was being applied I dont think she is. But its such a small technicallity that its not worth it. Thought I would love to see Judicial Watch sue and bring it to the courts.

As far as Obama no he isnt a citizen. The jig is up we all know he is Justin Trudeau in black face.
Yes. That's where the "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" line comes in. But you're right. No judge will have the balls to actually consider this.

Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
So did David Smith and the Guardian ask the question and then make this sensationalist article?

The press job is to report the facts not make the news. Whole thing seems like a set up to me. Ask Trump about an article written by someone else, he says he doesn't know about and will look into it, then write an article saying Trump is pushing crazy conspiracy theories.

Reporters making news not reporting on facts. There is and was no story there but they created a negative one out of thin air. And as you can see by the few in hear their trained seals lap it up and regurgitate it.

DrJohnGalt

Jul 31, 2019
www.twitch.tv
The original "birther" movement didn't so much ask where Obama was born (it was pretty much agreed he was born in HI), but why he claimed to be born in different places at different times when it was convenient. Need a foreign-born student to fill an enrollment quota or sell a book? Great! Need an American-born candidate? Great! That guy was everything. Sure there were ignorant idiots that pushed something else, but most "birthers" were asking legit questions about what was (and wasn't) presented by Obama himself. And of course the media covered for him every step of the way. Question the inconsistencies in his life story? You must be RACIST!

This time the "birther" argument isn't a hill to die on, but as expected the progressive medial machine is spinning it as hard as they can.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018

So having to apologize demands to retract it. Its rally full press to stop anyone from criticizing Camala. And somehow Trump seized on it when he was asked a question and said he didnt know.

How is this even racist? I guess because Camala is 25% black the racism card will always be played.

I actually now believe its 100% true and she is not eligible seeing how hard they are trying to smear and shut this down. If its sp triggering then it must be true.

Meanwhile waiting for the retraction and applogy for the Russian hoax.