• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter PS4 available for pre-order, releases July 15 (EU)

chadskin

Store page went up on the EU PSN*: https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...rter/cid=EP1210-CUSA03048_00-PREORDERBUNDLE00

July 15
€17.09

Doesn't seem to be available for pre-order in the US at the moment, though.

*And the PSN went down. Screen capture in the interim:
RpUzhuH.jpg

chadskin

Walking simulator??? Or non-action adventure game?

Reminds me of Alan Wake.

Walking simulator is the kind of description used for games like Gone Home and Dear Esther and Ethan Carter is pretty similar to these, in that you discover the story by walking around, basically. There's otherwise no action or combat.

Brillant and beautiful game, though. It's a much better Murdered: Soul Suspect, really.

That was a bit unexpected. Didn't the developers say themselves this game had a fall release date, in that Eurogamer article a few months back? I'm glad if this turns out to be correct information though. Even though this game is made by indie developers, it was a bit too demanding for my 'gaming' pc. Hope it as beautiful on ps4 and runs at a stable frame rate.

Kuro

I enjoyed it on PC but it was very short. I would personally wait for it to go cheaper unless you absolutely need a stroll through a forest for 2 hours.

Finally! :D, I finished it on PC a couple of months ago because I couldn't wait anymore, but I'm definitely buying this again on PS4.

For anyone wondering, Yes, The game is a freaking masterpiece.

Bought it day one on PC.
Gorgeous game. Loved it.
Photogrammetry tech (hope I spelled it correctly) is truly something.
Fully recommend it.

reminder

Bought the PC Version when it was released but the game doesn't run very well on my laptop. Pre-ordered the PS4 version now so I can finally play it. :)

Sal Ami

Banned
Walking simulator is the kind of description used for games like Gone Home and Dear Esther and Ethan Carter is pretty similar to these, in that you discover the story by walking around, basically. There's otherwise no action or combat.

Brillant and beautiful game, though. It's a much better Murdered: Soul Suspect, really.
Walking Simulator is a label for Dear Esther and Gone Home because they have no gameplay. Ethan Carter has gameplay and thus it is incorrect to saddle it with such a moniker.

Denton

Beautiful, immensely atmospheric game with interesting story. But yeah do not expect some deep gameplay mechanics. I am looking forward to replaying the Unreal 4 version though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Beautiful, immensely atmospheric game with interesting story. But yeah do not expect some deep gameplay mechanics. I am looking forward to replaying the Unreal 4 version though.
That's all I want out of it. I also think it's really cool that they're porting to UE4 for the PS4 release.

dugdug

Banned
loved the game,looks incredible and Adrian Chmielarz its a smart and amazing guy

He's the one reason I've not bought the game yet. Don't want to feel like I'm supporting GG by buying it. It looks great, though. Might be one of those Phil Fish situations where I have to put the art before the artist, and just check it out.

It's one of the most beautiful games I've played. It might be in the vein of Dear Esther or Gone Home, but it is more interactive than either and the texture work might be the best I've seen.

DocSeuss

I don't get the "walking simulator" remarks. It's got a bunch of puzzles. Better described as a first person adventure game, since it seems conscious of adventure game tropes and messes with them.

What did Adrian do to upset people?

growing up in a place like 1980s Poland colors the way you see people like feminist frequency's writers; Chmielarz' extensive devil's advocacy rubs closed-minded individuals the wrong way

Corpekata

Banned
Thought the game started off well but kind of petered out. Worth a look overall though. For a game that opens with "This game does not hold your hand" most of its' puzzles are pretty straightforward and would be hard to imagine anyone being too confused by (save maybe the first one as you get used to the mechanics).

Shengar

What did Adrian do to upset people?

He writes sensical criticism with strong argument against Anita.
Some people just can't take something with a shade of grey.
Also I kinda expect someone would brought that up in this thread at some point, heh.

He writes sensical criticism with strong argument against Anita.
Some people just can't take something with a shade of grey.
Also I kinda expect someone would brought that up in this thread at some point, heh.
He's one of those obnoxious people that has a point of view and can't resist any opportunity to tell everyone all about it. Very similar to Anita in that regard. Can't go one day without redundantly harping on the same kinds of things.

Shengar

He's one of those obnoxious people that has a point of view and can't resist any opportunity to tell everyone all about it. Very similar to Anita in that regard. Can't go one day without redundantly harping on the same kinds of things.

He's very obnoxious with his opinion, that's true especially on his twitter. But he's not what some people he thought to be. But he's not using this particular game to voice his opinion and saying somehow that buying it will support his "cause" is more ridiculous.

Top Bottom