• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: Xbox One update arriving in March, white console later this year

JaggedSac

Link? He clearly said in the other thread that it does not exist.

Edit: Here.

He said he was wrong, I'm a twitter noob but like 6 hours ago he said:

@Storm360 Everything he said was true. But there's a reason they are dumping all this info now. Jan NPDs are gonna be fun.

and this

Ok so remember when I said the titanfall xb1 wasn't coming and then I said it was? And then I said controlled ms leaks? I was wrong again.

ramuh

Whew. Glad I made it all the way through the thread without it getting locked so I can talk. :) As for the white X1, I think it looks gorgeous, although I wish they would try to release a slim version or something. I am interested in the March update, and all the fixes therein.

BibiMaghoo

He said he was wrong, I'm a twitter noob but like 6 hours ago he said:

No worries, I don't use it myself. That statement though reads that he could have been wrong when he confirmed it was coming. This is breaking my mind lol.

I do know that the person giving up that photo, made it himself, then placed it in the thread with no mention that it was made by them, until called out on the fact that the art on the console was different to the box.

Anyone leaking such a thing, would have been clear when it was posted that it is a mockup. I do not believe anyone of credibility would work in that way, because it smells really badly, of fuck up.

On thread though, you will notice that the Verge did NOT confirm the TitanFall console. Alleged is the word they used.

Edit: I see FM was clearer than that one statement.

EL CUCO

Brain is still melting from the last thread. White Xbox One looks sexy though and seems legit if TW verified it.

Still no confirm on kinectless sku, guessing they need move some more kinects before that happens.

Doffen

Do you not care what it actually looks like? The mockup has two differently designed consoles lol.

Who cares!? It's Titanfall!!

throwing-money.gif

BibiMaghoo

Who cares!? It's Titanfall!!

throwing-money.gif

If I had photoshop skills, I would design the most ugly ass console possible and ask people if they would still buy it because it is titanfall.

On second thought, someone cover an Xbone in E3 awards and GOTY votes, with the Titanfall logo, I want to see how many people bite :D

flkraven

Do you not care what it actually looks like? The mockup has two differently designed consoles lol.

They both look good to me, but I really don't care if it doesn't look like crap. I had no plans on rushing into this gen, but Titanfall looks crazy exciting and I am a sucker for Special Edition stuff. If there was not a SE XB1 console, then I probably wouldn't get one in March.

BibiMaghoo

They both look good to me, but I really don't care if it doesn't look like crap. I had no plans on rushing into this gen, but Titanfall looks crazy exciting and I am a sucker for Special Edition stuff. If there was not a SE XB1 console, then I probably wouldn't get one in March.

Fair enough, I have felt the pull of special edition stuff myself from time to time.

LowerLevel

The Blu-ray drive in terms of cost in BoM is probably around $25. I honestly don't see them being able to shave that much off the cost of the machine by dropping it.

Are there any licensing fees for using Blu-ray? If so, then it could relieve some of those as well?

Tamanon

Banned
Not if MS starts selling digital game cards. Just buy a code and redeem?
Sell a disk for $60 or sell a card for $60, it's the same thing for GameStop(and others).

Yes, but you can't trade in a digital game, which is where Gamestop makes their money.

I've seen some shitty concept art for close to final products multiple times, this is not even among top 50. But sure, it's odd, and it's not even certain that it will look like any of those.

We'll have to wait and see.

That's sort of been a mini logo in the games marketing if I recall correctly. Sort of like the focal point of the title logo or something.

Intriguing how it has the letter "A" in the vents and not "T".

The box art and console images were thrown together by ntkrnl as a concept, those are not the actual designs. Funny how Tom didn't pick that up, makes him look kind of silly.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Cant really be cheap to suddenly decide to start producing another colored shell for the system this early into the game eh?

The box art and console images were thrown together by ntkrnl as a concept, those are not the actual designs. Funny how Tom didn't pick that up, makes him look kind of silly.

I'm pretty sure nktrnl was being sarcastic and that's a legit mockup that had very little scrutiny over it because it was never meant for public consumption.

It was definitely sarcasm. "Oh yeah, I just whipped that up in 10 minutes."

GAF has been in a vortex of spin since last night. People are misinterpreting the most basic posts in an attempt to weave the narrative one way or another. It was like we got invaded by gamefaqs.

shandy706

...huh. Well, the white Xbone looks kind of nice actually. Makes it look slightly less VCRish. Wish they'd just release a slimmer version, I don't got room for all that yo.

I think the white version will probably be the same price ($500, provided there are no cuts from now til then), but what about the 1TB version? Hopefully they'll lower the base unit price and release the 1TB version at $500.

I'd hope we see a $399 500GB and $499 1TB at the end of 2014. I don't see them breaking $499 as a base price.

I want the white X1 for our living room. The black X1 is currently in my entertainment lineup in our bedroom.

Briarios

Disc-less would be a waste of time. It fractures your SKUs, creates customer uncertainty, and it wouldn't sell. It's ridiculous to try and force this on consumers before the infrastructure is ready.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Disc-less would be a waste of time. It fractures your SKUs, creates customer uncertainty, and it wouldn't sell. It's ridiculous to try and force this on consumers before the infrastructure is ready.

People are already begging for Steam machines with no disc drives. I would certainly be interested in saving money on something I don't need.

Bgamer90

Banned

There are already people going digital on the Xbox One. Don't see how one would force anything just as long as there's a SKU with a disc drive.

What I could see them doing is putting it in their (MS) stores to test/see how it does and then release it to other stores if it does well. Similar to that $99 Xbox 360 that requires 2 years of XBL.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat and know a few others who would too. I've only inserted one disc into my X1 and that was The Dark Knight movie, to check whether I had a faulty drive (I didn't). I thought going all-digital would be too expensive, but as MS allow you to buy from the US store (I'm UK based), I can get games cheaper than retail.

TyrantII

I'd buy one in a heartbeat and know a few others who would too. I've only inserted one disc into my X1 and that was The Dark Knight movie, to check whether I had a faulty drive (I didn't). I thought going all-digital would be too expensive, but as MS allow you to buy from the US store (I'm UK based), I can get games cheaper than retail.

Say goodbye to the TF SKU. Apparently is was happening, then dropped due to cost:

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428979092101550080
https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428979508067049472

Chatter about this thing officially has me dizzy. No Titanfall console. Controller only. That mock up the new guy posted was old.

Will I be posting later that it is happening? Probably. It definitely was prototyped but was shit canned a while ago.

BibiMaghoo

I'm pretty sure nktrnl was being sarcastic and that's a legit mockup that had very little scrutiny over it because it was never meant for public consumption.

It was definitely sarcasm. "Oh yeah, I just whipped that up in 10 minutes."

Lol no, that was not sarcasm. He legit made that mockup himself, which is why the art on the console is completely different in the images. If it was real, that would not be the case now would it?

Is this happening, or have I misread something?

Aurongel

A SKU with no disc drive means you'll be subjected to Microsoft's marketplace prices and their track record has been completely terrible. You'd be taking a huge risk with it.

A SKU with no disc drive means you'll be subjected to Microsoft's marketplace prices and their track record has been completely terrible. You'd be taking a huge risk with it.

As I explained, they allow us to buy from any store, meaning I get games cheaper than retail. The US has always had games cheaper than Europe, so I can't see any imminent danger of prices rising dramatically. If they did, I'd wait for their digital sales, which have been good on the 360 over the past year. Gamepointsnow also offer digital codes for cheap, only downside is they sell-out quickly, so you have to be on the ball (hopefully Amazon and Game start doing them too). https://www.gamepointsnow.com/xbox-live

TyrantII

Mort's been giving me headaches lately with his tweets. He's said so many different things about these leaks as of late and flip flopping back and forth.

Yeah, think it comes down to both old info and also MS trying to feed false info to different people to out their leaky problems.

Mort obviously doesn't want to out his sources for a variety of reasons, which is why he also needs to vet his info to make sure most people are on the same page. At least, that's my guess.

Top Bottom