• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

mekes

xOkixmp.jpg

Ije3lHD.jpg

HX4hsLb.jpg

5H0VHMe.jpg

32QwATp.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
voNvfe2.jpg

The forum search feature is still weird - I was looking for this thread, searched for "social media", nothing. Searched for "The very best of social media", nothing. New tab, google the same thing + Neogaf, first hit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The forum search feature is still weird - I was looking for this thread, searched for "social media", nothing. Searched for "The very best of social media", nothing. New tab, google the same thing + Neogaf, first hit.
Maybe a silly question, but are you clicking the gear icon first and checking the “search titles only” box?

Also, in advance search, make sure to check “results by date” instead of “results by relevance”. Might help.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Maybe a silly question, but are you clicking the gear icon first and checking the “search titles only” box?

Also, in advance search, make sure to check “results by date” instead of “results by relevance”. Might help.

I don't have time for "advanced" searches! lol
I typically just like to use the search function as is, straight from the top navigation bar. I use that to find a couple threads I post in, for the most part it does a good job but I thought it was funny that it wouldn't give me a result for this thread even when I wrote the exact title in there.

But you're right, if I do an advanced search and click that title only box, it does find the thread.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I don't have time for "advanced" searches! lol
I typically just like to use the search function as is, straight from the top navigation bar. I use that to find a couple threads I post in, for the most part it does a good job but I thought it was funny that it wouldn't give me a result for this thread even when I wrote the exact title in there.
I find that unless I click the gear icon next to the search bar and then check the “search titles only” box before I do a search, then I get the same problem you have. If you do as I say, the thread you are looking for will likely show up near the top of the results.

Kazza

This is from a UK news reporter, after being trolled on Twitter after announcing she was going to jump off a mountain:

m2Rkzsc.png

I'm not sure she realises what that emoji means. If she does, then this tweet could have all sorts of hidden meanings...

Last edited:

Daxter32jak

Thank god almighty i deleted my social media accounts a year ago. It was a tough transition but I feel it was absolutely worth it.

I get my news now from the local paper and gaf 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom