• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition Rated by ESRB

ESRB said:
The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition

Platform: Macintosh, Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language

Rating Summary: This is an adventure game based on the Walking Dead TV and comic-book franchise. Players assume the role of Lee Everett and a handful of survivors amid a zombie outbreak. As players progress through the story, they are presented with dialogue and action choices. These selections can sometimes lead to the death of characters and depictions of intense violence:
a woman shooting herself in the head; characters shooting limbs off; a man cutting off his own arm;
zombies attacking and disemboweling victims. In some sequences, players use realistic firearms to kill zombies and other human survivors. Large blood-splatter effects occur in battle and often stain the ground. The game contains some sexual material in the dialogue (e.g., “Might as well leave a sign out that reads, 'The men are out, come rape our women and children'”); in one sequence, a video depicts a man zipping up his pants and a woman buttoning up her blouse (a sexual arrangement implied). Drugs are also referenced within the dialogue (e.g., “Remember when TJ got high…?” and “But is there any weed?”). The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” can be heard in dialogue.

Source

By the looks of it, it will include 400 Days as well.

Hit with a clementine if old.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They're really milking this game, considering it's just a $5 DLC. I'm assuming there's more content to it

OP fucked up, should have been 'hit with a salt lick if old' :p

Anyways this is cool I guess, though I'm not really sure its worth a re-release just to add 400 daya (which is only like $5 right)? 'Spose they want to grab some more cash now that the show has started back up

Lemstar

yeah but this is the GAME OF THE YEAR edition :p
The funny thing is that they already released a printing with GAME OF THE YEAR plastered across the cover.

$%28KGrHqF,!k0FD29R2fM-BSV1Mwjbow~~60_12.JPG

KPJZKC

Now with extra bugs/save problems DLC!

What's that? Our shitty work made you lose your progress 3 times? Don't worry, our game is so good we practically did you a favour!

NZNova

Fix the dinput8.dll shit while you're milking this, Telltale. It is kind of embarrassing that it is still an issue in The Wolf Among Us too.

co1onel

Why do you hate us so much Telltale? All I wanted was to be able to keep playing with my correct save file. Unfortunately, such an issue is too insignificant for them to even acknowledge...

And so now even more people will buy this GOTY version. I only hope that those people don't have to suffer the same pain that I had to go through.
Except secretly I do

Wow, what's with the sudden hate for TellTale?

probably not so much hate towards the company but this game has a lot of technical issues on pretty much all platforms :p

had to restart my game on the PS3 a few times too due to glitchy camera or hotspots not appearing etc.

Wensih

probably not so much hate towards the company but this game has a lot of technical issues on pretty much all platforms :p

had to restart my game on the PS3 a few times too due to glitchy camera or hotspots not appearing etc.

I was at episode 4 and had to restart twice because of the buggy save glitch on the STEAM version. I finally managed to tinker around in my computer files to fix it after it happened a 3rd time, but it's unacceptable. It ruined the game for me because I had a really good time in episode 1-3. Then I had to replay them and realized most of the game was smoke and mirrors and it became frustrating to have to sit through everyline of dialogue again. Episode 5 was still pretty good despite that, but I had no sympathy for clementine or Lee by the end. Not a single tear was shed.

Reule

I traded in the PS3 version the other day even though I really didn't want to. Absolutely love the game but it was a technical mess when I played it. Literally had a slide show going during a couple of choices you had to make in the game. I doubt it but I'd probably pick it up again if they managed to fix it.

Top Bottom