• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: Michonne - Episode 1: In Too Deep - Review Thread

Corpsepyre

Banned
The-Walking-Dead-Michonne-Episode-1-In-Too-Deep-premiering-on-February-23-new-screenshots-1-1024x576.jpg

Didn't see this posted, so here it is! This is my first review thread, so forgive if I miss things.

Current Metacritic average: 69, with 22 reviews counted.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-walking-dead-michonne---episode-1-in-too-deep/critic-reviews

IGN - 7/10

'True to its title, The Walking Dead: Michonne - Episode 1 is all about one character, somewhat to the detriment of the story and other characters. Michonne is so well done, though, from her impressive survival skills to the hollow look in her eyes, that she easily carries the entire episode.'

Destructoid - 7/10

'At this point I'm starting to tire from the Telltale formula, especially when it doesn't provide a cast of memorable characters from the get-go, but Michonne herself was enough to power me through the episode and keep me interested. In Too Deep hasn't topped either season of The Walking Dead so far, but if you can still stomach a few empty "remember" prompts, you'll enjoy the story they're trying to tell.'

Gamespot - 6/10

'Where Telltale’s Walking Dead stories prior have typically hinged on the sanctity of humanity in those facing unspeakable trauma, Michonne’s humanity already hangs by a thread, and In Too Deep does comparatively little to rebuild or cut away at that thread. In light of having a kind of protagonist we’ve seen far too little of in gaming, Walking Dead: Michonne can and should go to narrative places we haven’t seen before.'

Darkstation - 4.5/5

Brash Games - 9/10

God is a Geek - 9/10

NZGamer - 8.5/10

Gaming Age - B+

Game Watcher - 8/10

Game Informer - 7/10

Escapist - 3.5/5

VideoGamer - 5/10

----

A lot more at the Metacritic link.

down 2 orth

Please tell me they've moved away from the 'make friends --> friends die' formula.

I liked both Walking Dead seasons, but it got really tiring at the end.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reviews are surprisingly solid considering how many people are already tired of Telltales games and Walking Dead in general...guess its good.

Jito

Banned
i guess the walking dead guys changed their minds about Telltale using the TV characters in games.

She's in the comics though?

This sounds like a lazy cash in to remind people they made TWD and season 3 is coming, I don't expect much from it.

Hmm, do we have a date for season 3?
I'll get this when all 3 eps are released, it's the only telltale series I play after all, no fatigue here yet.

Gandalf

After getting burned a couple of times in buying the "season pass" for GoT and Walking Dead S2, due to them going on sale before the last bloody episode has released, I'll wait until it's in a sale this time.

TimFL

Telltale said it will be one a month so it should end in April, but who knows if they will make that deadline.

Well they better do. They delayed it (it was announced for late 2015) and it's 3 episodes. I guess they finished them all up so that they can focus on polishing and release them with a fixed schedule.

Hmm some disappointing numbers there

Wonder if fatigue has really set in now
If we're talking Telltale fatigue, there's no reason for that necessarily to be the case, since they put out a stellar, well-loved effort last year and I don't think there were too many reports of fatigue with that.

Jonbo298

I haven't been following this at all. Will it have any tie-in via saves from other TWD games or just purely standalone? Reviews seem to be in-line for what this is.

GavinUK86

I haven't been following this at all. Will it have any tie-in via saves from other TWD games or just purely standalone? Reviews seem to be in-line for what this is.

Purely standalone. It ties into the comics during a period where Michonne disappeared.

Top Bottom