• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, s1 got worse and worse.

-The only great actor was Lennie James, and he was in one episode.
-The finale had Noah Emmerich. At the time, he was really ugly and annoying on a different show.

Opening on greatness and closing on shit is, lul.

I didn't get to watch it in HD so I'm going to watch episode 5 and 6 on air or netflix before the premiere.

FINALLY have the network in HD.

gdt

Here's hoping all the positive buzz for the new episodes (and feedback they got during the off season) helps the show reach it's potential. Can't wait!

For me, the first episode was the highpoint of the season, amazingly executed, I could re-watch that episode every month. However, the closer you got to the end of season the less I liked it, now, I have read the majority of the comic so that is probably why as it did stray from the original material quite a bit.

Nonethless I have high hopes for this show, and will be tuning in every sunday.

AMC is on a fucking roll. I just hope they can sustain this. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead.

Is there anything else coming down the pipeline or already out that I haven't mentioned?

Will I like this show?

My taste in shows is pretty diverse: Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones for starters... I've heard it has some interesting commentary which sounds cool.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Buckethead said:
Will I like this show?

My taste in shows is pretty diverse: Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones for starters... I've heard it has some interesting commentary which sounds cool.
I think it's agreed that season 1 isn't that great, but it's only 6 episodes right? So, lot of us are hoping season 2 will be baller.

The comics are supposedly really good. A good zombie serial with developed characters is an awesome concept. We've been accustomed to movies.

Watch the marathon tonight if you can. Or Netflix it.

Everyone watching this probably watched those

mjc

Buckethead said:
Will I like this show?

I thought the first season was pretty good. It definitely got a bit muddy towards the tail end of the season but from the sound of it they turned things back up again for this new season. I'd try it out!

unomas

Banned
Found this show on Netflix last week and zipped through all 6 episodes in 3 days, but no cable so I'll have to wait for season 2. The gf and I loved it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
unomas said:
Found this show on Netflix last week and zipped through all 6 episodes in 3 days, but no cable so I'll have to wait for season 2. The gf and I loved it.
Zipped through in 3 days? I watched seasons 1-3 of breaking bad in three days son.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be tuning in, but mostly because Breaking Bad is over and I dropped Showtime, so no more Dexter. My feelings on the first season are pretty much in line with everyone else's. The first episode was solid, but the following episodes just felt like a series of tired zombie movie cliches stretched out across several episodes of TV. My biggest problem is the characters, who are not the least bit memorable when it comes to both writing and acting. When you don't give a crap about the characters, you kinda lose that emotional investment in the plot and the sense of tension when shit goes down.

Hopefully season 2 is a step up.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I really hope Morgan comes back soon. I know how it goes in the comics so leave those comments out.

Sunday is awesome for tv. Dexter, Homeland, How To Make It In America, Hung, Boardwalk Empire, and now Walking Dead 2. Packed night.

Dexter is still entertaining and Hung is actually much improved this year over last season so far. I'll take Dexter over season 1 of Walking Dead any day of the week.

BoboBrazil said:
Dexter is still entertaining and Hung is actually much improved this year over last season so far. I'll take Dexter over season 1 of Walking Dead any day of the week.

I wouldn't call Dexter still entertaining, but it's clearly better than S1 of Walking Dead.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
dead souls said:
I wouldn't call Dexter still entertaining, but it's clearly better than S1 of Walking Dead.
Season one of Walking Dead had one incredible episode. More than you could say about Dexter season 5.

Emerson said:
Season one of Walking Dead had one incredible episode. More than you could say about Dexter season 5.

Dexter season 5's first episode was also incredible. Just like Walking Dead it jumped off a cliff after that though.

Daryl.

GgZkv.jpg

Anyone watching the marathon? I just turned it on. I'll probably be a little late watching the premiere tonight via DVR, but here's hoping it lives up to the reviews.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AMC just got me excited with a commercial for Season 2 saying it was only 1 hour away. It's actually 2 hours away. :(

mjc

TheVampire said:
How come this show has such few episodes? I think season two is supposed to be just as short as season 1

Season 2 is 13 episodes, but its split between the fall and next spring.

Uriah

Does anyone have any experience ordering a TV season pass on Amazon or Itunes? I was wondering how long it would take a show to get up after it has been aired. My school's cable quality sucks and I was thinking about getting the show online instead.

Tedesco!

Uriah said:
Does anyone have any experience ordering a TV season pass on Amazon or Itunes? I was wondering how long it would take a show to get up after it has been aired. My school's cable quality sucks and I was thinking about getting the show online instead.

Last season the eps appeared the following day of broadcast.

Fry

Had no idea it was today! Hopefully it's just as good as the pilot. That was the only great episode of the show so far.

So I just watched the season 1 finale again (As I'm guessing many did, as they had the marathon today), and it honestly was better than I remember.

Sure, the talking computer thing was horrible, but I liked the "mini story" of the episode, even if it didn't fit in with the overall arc of the season.

I'm assuming that the doctors whisper is a big mystery for this premier?

Edit : Also, while I can't remember his name at the moment, I really like the actor from The Truman Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom