• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The weapons of Deathloop

Robb

Gold Member
I just played through Dishonored 2 which was fantastic, this (unsurprisningly) looks very similar from a gameplay standpoint.

It looks great! I'll definitely play this when I get the chance.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I hope for some of the weapons those are not the finished animations, I dont know how they managed to make a lever action reload look lame with the heritage gun but they managed it. The Vopat Trencher also felt off like the thing was firing half powder birdshot or something for how little the gun moved.

DonJorginho

Banned
What an amazing looking game from an amazingly talented studio, Sony fans are lucky to have this game as a timed exclusive and Xbox fans are lucky to have them as a first party studio!

PC fans are just blessed to have the best of both worlds!

Vindicator

Shit's dope, lemme kill lotsa whitey with dat (plus da evil sista), thanks alot woke designers at Arkane - environments look really good as well.

Skifi28

The weapons are right up my alley and I like the hit reactions as mentioned above. It's the rest of the game I'm not too sure about. I guess we shall see.

FeldMonster

Combat looks good, though really janky, just like Doom and Rage 2. Must be a Zenimax thing.

I hope the graphics improve though, looks flat/bland. I wasn't going to play this right away anyways because of the Playstation exclusivity, perhaps when the price drops I will give it a try. Doom was good, Rage 2 was awesome, but I hate Prey with a passion. Arkane has yet to make an FPS that excites me.

Bramble

It looks alright but just as with Dishonored, it seems this sort of game is made for keyboard and mouse. I ended up playing Dishonored just stealthy.

Hunnybun

This game's graphics are really underrated. It looks absolutely gorgeous to me, albeit the character models are a bit lame.

Looks great overall.

It's "only" £60 on the store, too. I don't know how Sony possibly thinks they can justify charging £70 for something like Returnal when this looks a bigger and more polished game in every way.

DonJorginho

Banned
This game's graphics are really underrated. It looks absolutely gorgeous to me, albeit the character models are a bit lame.

Looks great overall.

It's "only" £60 on the store, too. I don't know how Sony possibly thinks they can justify charging £70 for something like Returnal when this looks a bigger and more polished game in every way.
£53.99 if you got PS Plus
discount piece GIF

ethomaz

Banned
Who ever predicted that?
MS fist two exclusives this gen are for PS5.

The game looks not of my liking... maybe with a demo I can change the view.

Last edited:

Orpheum

The game wasn't on my radar with the initial reveal but now i'm seriously considering a day one purchase. Looks really cool

DonJorginho

Banned
I know, I just couldn't be arsed with the extra typing lol.

I've been buying everything via the US store so far on PS5 cos I'm so pissed off with the £70 price tag.

Is there a discount there too?
I'm not sure tbh as I don't browse the US Store enough, if you mean as in a discount for Returnal no there is none sadly. I wanted to buy from US PSN but am unsure how to go around it, do you use Paypal or like US Giftcards?

Hunnybun

I'm not sure tbh as I don't browse the US Store enough, if you mean as in a discount for Returnal no there is none sadly. I wanted to buy from US PSN but am unsure how to go around it, do you use Paypal or like US Giftcards?

You have to use the gift cards.

I think I saved about £15 each on MM and Demon's Souls, but I'm not sure how the exchange rate has moved since.

Anyway, Deathloop is $54 with PS Plus. Would probably work out to about £45. I MIGHT pay that, I'm not sure. I don't usually buy games on release but I'll be honest, I'm pretty hungry for a proper next gen experience right now.

DonJorginho

Banned
You have to use the gift cards.

I think I saved about £15 each on MM and Demon's Souls, but I'm not sure how the exchange rate has moved since.

Anyway, Deathloop is $54 with PS Plus. Would probably work out to about £45. I MIGHT pay that, I'm not sure. I don't usually buy games on release but I'll be honest, I'm pretty hungry for a proper next gen experience right now.
What site do you use as I have never had any luck

DonJorginho

Banned
Lol yeah, i always play these game with low chaos but not this time, no sir.
I always start low chaos then end up falling into a high chaos run once I get tired of not being able to decimate my enemies using the amazing powers Arkane games have to offer.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

What site do you use as I have never had any luck

With buying gift cards? I just googled it and found the best price. I think it's a polish site or something, but it's literally the only one I've ever tried. I'll look it up.

It's called g2a.com

Last edited:

geary

Anyone have any idea what kind of game will be? From the name, i would think will be some kind of roguelike where when you die, you start over the chapter.

DonJorginho

Banned
I really want to wait till I's on Gamepass but I doubt I'll be able to hold off
I'm only getting it on PS5 so as to see how they handle the Dualsense support, the idea of the triggers jamming when your gun does just appeals to me for an immersive single player experience like this.

Top Bottom