• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

The White House releases transcript of Trump call with Ukraine (OP Updated)

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
The Guardian said:
A newly released transcript from the White House shows Trump discussed Joe Biden, Rudy Giuliani and special counsel Robert Mueller in his conversation with the Ukrainian president.
Trump specifically asked the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to launch an investigation, invoking special counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony a day before the call took place.

“I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike,” Trump said.

“I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.”

The reference to Crowdstrike is unclear, although a cybersecurity firm by that name conducted an analysis of the Democratic National Committee hack in 2016 and determined that two groups connected to the Russian government were behind the attack.

The transcript: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

(Update 9/29) Whisteblower set to testify before Congress.

Wall Street Journal said:
The whistleblower at the center of the impeachment probe of President Trump will testify in the House “very soon,” though in a way that will protect his identity, the Democrat leading the probe said Sunday.

The whistleblower, whose identity hasn’t been made public, works for the Central Intelligence Agency, The Wall Street Journal confirmed last week.

“We’ll get the unfiltered testimony of that whistleblower,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), the House Intelligence Committee chairman, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “We are taking all the precautions” to protect his identity, Mr. Schiff added.

Edit:

Last edited:

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
Like I posted in the other thread, I was expecting a much cleaner transcript. He literally confirmed that he asked Zelensky to look into Biden's son, and to have correspondence with his personal lawyer and the AG.

No mention of foreign aid though (at least in this call). I'm interested in seeing this whistle-blowers report now.

I don't see how this clears him of anything; surprised he was that confident about it yesterday.

Manus

Jan 12, 2009
Like I posted in the other thread, I was expecting a much cleaner transcript. He literally confirmed that he asked Zelensky to look into Biden's son, and to have correspondence with his personal lawyer and the AG.

No mention of foreign aid though (at least in this call). I'm interested in seeing this whistle-blowers report now.

I don't see how this clears him of anything; surprised he was that confident about it yesterday.
Their's nothing wrong with wanting to look into possible corruption done by Biden.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Because he did absolutely nothing wrong in that call?

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
US administration holding off 250 million:

Their's nothing wrong with wanting to look into possible corruption done by Biden.
Well, if so, then there is nothing wrong with "or else, kiss 250 million $ goodbye".

Last edited:

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
I agree, not necessarily. However asking a foreign diplomat to do so against your main political opponent sure ain't kosher, especially by having correspondence with your personal lawyer and your AG. However I will admit the legality and precedence of this is above my pay grade.

Interested to see how this pan's out. I don't think this is any time to celebrate for Trump's opponents as this will develop with numerous iterations. But I do think releasing this doesn't actually due him any favors as he expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Manus

Jan 12, 2009
US administration holding off 250 million:

Well, if so, then there is nothing wrong with "or else, kiss 250 million $ goodbye".
Okay? None of this was said in the call.

Also lol linking Politico.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
So basically everyone on both sides are going to be sucking one another's dicks thinking they somehow won this one.

Reality continues to split into two halves and the mass cognitive dissonance will only increase.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
lol Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in 2016. guess that was ok though:
In March 2016, Biden visited Ukraine and warned that the U.S. would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if Ukraine failed to deal with corruption and remove Shokin as its prosecutor general. Biden disclosed this demand during a January 2018 event at the Council on Foreign Relations.

“I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” Biden recalled. “Well, son of a bitch. He got fired.”

a Vice President can threaten other countries with money, but if a President does it, it's treason! makes sense /s

Last edited:

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019
A rerun of the Hillary-Russia/Saudi Gate. You accuse the other side of doing what you were doing. Hillary was accepting money into the Foundation for favors i.e. Russian uranium deal and the Saudi Arabia arms deal. What better way of trying to cover it up than to accuse the Orange Man of some type of Russian collusion, while at the same time Obama administration was colluding with British spy agencies and Democrat party to make shit up so they could obtain fraudulent court orders from FISA.

There is nothing wrong with a President or the executive branch investigating potential crimes, but you're the criminal if you obtain warrants improperly and without evidence, let alone making shit up and collude with people and foreign governments to try and topple a candidate.

Basically, you have nut jobs making shit up, than they have to cover up the shit they made up.... so they rinse and repeat the failed strategy.

Last edited:

Trey

Mar 3, 2010

a Vice President can threaten other countries with money, but if a President does it, it's treason! makes sense /s
It's not the act of withholding or producing money for another country itself, but the reasons for doing so that are people's issue with it.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Funny how that works. Thy just make up rules (specifically for Trump) as they go.

Reactions: Strider22

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
I just read the full memo.

For fucks sake, they think this is something where impeachment or even going to jail is on the table...

Seriously, they have the guts to first pay to a foreign agent to get dirt on Trump from other foreign sources so that they can prevent and stop his precidency and when that is shown to be bullshit, they go and look at one damn phone call and say "you mentioned Biden's son to a foreign leader, you try to stop Biden, this is treasonous!"

To quote the new messiah Greta: "How dare you!"

This is beyond stupid, my god...

The smoke from all the smoking guns they have tried to use as evidence against Trump has slowly turned into wet farts and this one has left an embarrasing mark on their pants.

Oct 2, 2017
I wonder if he already has proof that Biden colluded against the Trump campaign and is trying to get more people on both side to pay attention before he delivers the proof. It was clear that both Hill Dawg and Obama were trying to collude against Trump at the time.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: infinitys_7th

mid83

Mar 4, 2014
I don't see the smoking gun here, yet ERA is acting as if Trump is screwed and the transcript is the nail in his coffin.

I glanced at a few articles before reading the actual document, and they are all screaming "Trump brings up investigating Biden to Ukraine president" as if that is the smoking gun. No shit the document shows that. Trump has openly admitted he mentioned Biden in this call. The potential "crime" here is holding aid hostage pending the Ukraine president agreeing to the investigation. There is no mention of the aid that was held at the time having anything to do with this, and until evidence of that comes out (if it exists), there is no crime here.

Is it a bad look to have Trump asking foreign leaders to investigate his political opponents, sure. Then again, it was also bad when the Dems did it (as reported by non conservative sources like Politico), yet the media and the left continue to ignore that inconvenient fact.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The longer this drags out the worse it's going to be for the Dems. Vast majority of Republicans in Congress aren't buying this nonsense nor is Trump's base. This is not an impeachable offense, not even remotely close, or an offense of any kind for that matter, unless you're a desperate member of the opposition that assumes the worst - we have about three years of evidence showing us how well that's worked out.

Reactions: DanielsM and pramod

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Republicans ... this is it?
Democrats .... foaming from the mouth mad.

I don’t see any threat of withholding aide so this doesn’t look impeachable to me. The Hunter Biden story popped up around US media this Summer again and looked really sketchy. It doesn’t sound like there was any pressure put on Ukraine to investigate it or any threats made if they did not. He probably should not have brought it up but it doesn’t sound like any sort of smoking gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caffeine and pramod

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
This clears Trump as far as I'm concerned. He didn't blackmail anybody, he simply asked another leader to look into possible shady dealings by an opposing politician and his family. The democrats have been doing the same thing non-stop since 2016, should they be "impeached" too?

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
I have followed events unleashing in Ukraine for other reasons, ok?

In Biden case, it is about motherfucker called Victor Shokhin, who, at that point, had FIRED prosecutors who were fighting corruption. The fucker should have ended in prison, if not executed, not just sent away from the office.

Biden's son 50k a month does look fishy, to say the least, but that that Shokhin was somehow "looking into" anything related to him, is ridiculous, he was a bloody chief prosecutor.

Last edited:

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
The longer this drags out the worse it's going to be for the Dems. Vast majority of Republicans in Congress aren't buying this nonsense nor is Trump's base. This is not an impeachable offense, not even remotely close, or an offense of any kind for that matter, unless you're a desperate member of the opposition that assumes the worst - we have about three years of evidence showing us how well that's worked out.
Ive heard some people mention that the Dems have gone all in on this because they are desperate. I think it sorta makes sense. I think they already believe they have no chance in 2020. Biden is senile. Warren will never beat Trump. So at this point, what else do they have to lose?

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
This clears Trump as far as I'm concerned. He didn't blackmail anybody, he simply asked another leader to look into possible shady dealings by an opposing politician and his family. The democrats have been doing the same thing non-stop since 2016, should they be "impeached" too?

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada

“There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Zelensky. “Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution, so if you can look into it…it sounds horrible to me.”

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
as for "Why is this transcript only 5 pages?" like pretty sure every question and answer was filtered through a translator?

tho i could be wrong and maybe Trump speaks fluent Ukranian?

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I’ll give the extreme left one thing, they are masters of doing things backwards. No one does it better. Convict before evidence is heard is one good example. My personal favorite is how they reinvented the shifting goal post game. For years everyone played it by making it harder for their opponent to score. But ever since late 2016, it’s now played by making it easier for them to score. Sure, you might say that’s like dealing with children who keep imagining reasons for one more opportunity to win after the game ends. But who has time to split hairs all day?

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
I'm afraid we are no longer allowed to ridicule Ree anymore for calling us Nazi's, seeing that the last few days have been people on here drawing Nazi comparisons to Greta Thunberg and exactly 0 people checking this behavior. Very saddened to announce we have stooped to their level. In the wise words of Nietzsche...

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Republicans ... this is it?
Democrats .... foaming from the mouth mad.

I don’t see any threat of withholding aide so this doesn’t look impeachable to me. The Hunter Biden story popped up around US media this Summer again and looked really sketchy. It doesn’t sound like there was any pressure put on Ukraine to investigate it or any threats made if they did not. He probably should not have brought it up but it doesn’t sound like any sort of smoking gun.
I honestly think it's more:

Republican, moderates, independents, some business dems: this is it?

Neo-libs, some corporate dems, establishment dems, far left: foaming.

Everytime the left pulls these stunts, they just lose more and more supporters and Trump's base widens and strengthens.

To be blunt: trump is leading these fools around by the nose. Again and again. Baltimore, this, forcing them to circle around the squad.... over and over. And then you are going to ask Americans to vote for a leader? Well, im not voting for the people falling all over themselves, that's for sure.

Even here, the bait was so obvious. Rudy going on tv, 'misspeaking'. Obvious bait. And the left can't help themselves.

Jan 9, 2018
Seems incredibly mild. All of his prods to "look into" this or that are clearly framed around restoring impartial justice where a prosecutor was politically shut down, etc--not as favors with desired outcomes.

plane.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Reset is like "oh man he's so fucked I can believe he released that". I wish there was a way to put money on it every time they're certain they found the silver bullet that will bring him down. Biden' son likely did something illegal by Biden's own admission. Asking them to look into it is NOT a scandal.
They think every thing he does will be his downfall. It's why they and the Dems lose...constantly.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm afraid we are no longer allowed to ridicule Ree anymore for calling us Nazi's, seeing that the last few days have been people on here drawing Nazi comparisons to Greta Thunberg and exactly 0 people checking this behavior. Very saddened to announce we have stooped to their level. In the wise words of Nietzsche...
Drawing Nazi comparisons = being a Nazi?

Wouldn't we be obligated to ridicule Reee for being Nazis, then?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: HeresJohnny

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Everytime the left pulls these stunts, they just lose more and more supporters and Trump's base widens and strengthens.

To be blunt: trump is leading these fools around by the nose. Again and again. Baltimore, this, forcing them to circle around the squad.... over and over. And then you are going to ask Americans to vote for a leader? Well, im not voting for the people falling all over themselves, that's for sure.

Even here, the bait was so obvious. Rudy going on tv, 'misspeaking'. Obvious bait. And the left can't help themselves.
What you've described here is why paradigms are so dangerous and so effective.

Because they have the supposition that Trump is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing, they cannot explain or anticipate his behavior.

A sensible person might see the trap and say "aha, I still hate Trump's guts, but I'm not going to blunder into his trap like I did the last 45 times since he got elected", but since they cannot conceive of Trump being clever, it's not an option.

Insane levels of cognitive dissonance. They would be more effective at countering Trump if they admitted he was shrewd, but since "Orange Man Stupid" remains a central part of their oppositional rhetoric, they are unable to do so. Meanwhile, they'll sneer at 4D Chess memes and make vague references to how much of a stupid racist traitor the president is... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Pretty hilarious.

DanielsM

Feb 11, 2019

What Pedo Biden was doing could be considered a kickback and possibly prosecuted under the Federal Anti-Kickback Act of 1986 and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977. Just because Trump could potentially gain benefit from a prosecution of Biden here or abroad doesn't necessarily make a it kickback or similar. Biden (like Hillary) seems have admitted to crimes in the public, to me there should be an federal investigation as to Biden at this point, duh.

Last edited:

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.· (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty "Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned t_o listen.and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A numper of factors can affect 'the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indifate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear.
so not a transcript

• LOL
Reactions: autoduelist

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009

Lol.

He's not playing 7D chess, as much as you want him to be.

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Insane levels of cognitive dissonance. They would be more effective at countering Trump if they admitted he was shrewd, but since "Orange Man Stupid" remains a central part of their oppositional rhetoric, they are unable to do so. Meanwhile, they'll sneer at 4D Chess memes and make vague references to how much of a stupid racist traitor the president is... :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I keep hearing this "4D chess" and honestly, it's absurd. Too be honest, I think people are making things so complicated that the simple maneuvers that what Trump is doing is just being straightforward in your face tactics.

Reactions: Darth and pramod

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
so not a transcript
Just wait for them to release the full unredacted report transcript, amirite? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I keep hearing this "4D chess" and honestly, it's absurd. Too be honest, I think people are making things so complicated that the simple maneuvers that what Trump is doing is just being straightforward in your face tactics.
It only seems like 4D chess to the "geniuses" who keep getting trounced by Trump's "simpleton" tactics.

Last edited: