• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN leaked DKRC as a "Retro developed DK game" a day prior, I don't know how I would've reacted had I'd been surprised by the unveiling.

So yeah, best not to leak anything like that.

HylianTom

Banned
War and economic pressure had become an old song-and-dance of "Genesis Does" and Genesisn't" routine for soldiers on both sides

When they were tired of battle they would go to these places called arcade where you could test your mettle in videogames. And people were dirt poor back then, so you only needed 25 cents to play a game. Developers were pretty generous back then. For example, rather than one dragon, they would give us 2 dragons.

Now you get maybe half a dragon at retail and you pay for the other one-and-a-half dragons as a premium. And you need online for multiple dragons action.

Ahh yes.. I remember when you bought a game and walked out of Babbages knowing that all of the game was in that bag. Amazing, in retrospect.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ace is still pissed over DKCR.

How close to the actual reveal did they spoiled that one?

EDIT: A day before, heh?

Anth0ny

This was mine (or at least, the earliest one I still have):

hLbqa.jpg

I was like ZOMG a sequel to Gold/Silver already??

Then I found out it was just an expansion...

The next one I got, probably later that year:

X8dES.jpg

It was fricking STACKED. It was as thick as a textbook. Crazy amount of content.

Apparently it's on eBay for $26. :O

Oh man, the huge Metroid Prime issue. I definitely remember getting that.

Video game mags ain't what they used to be. Damn you Internet!

Also, I'm 20. First console was a Genesis at my grandmothers house, but I pretty much grew up with N64 and GBC.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ugh, no.
If this was still like... March. Sure.
But we're a little over a week away now.

Meh, I don't go into no-leak mode until next Tuesday. :p

Just to clarify, I wouldn't necessarily want to hear "Retro is working on ________" but more like a tweet saying "Just saw Retro's new title! AMAZING. Call of what?"

Ace is still pissed over DKCR.

How close to the actual reveal did they spoiled that one?

It was literally hours before. Like, not even a day.

Just to clarify, I wouldn't necessarily want to hear "Retro is working on ________" but more like a tweet saying "Just saw Retro's new title! AMAZING. Call of what?"

Probably is, IGN isn't that subtle.

wsippel

Banned
A little more on topic, wsippel just posted this in the other thread. I wasn't aware of the fact that Nintendo had its own engine for the Wii U it was allowing other studios to use, unless I'm reading this wrong.
I wasn't specifically talking about Wii U. I know that they have such middleware for Wii and 3DS (called NW4R and NW4C), and I believe there also was one for DS, so I'm sure there is or will be one for Wii U as well - but I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

That would still tell us it's an FPS though. I think even that's more than I want to hear about leading up to E3 at this point.

I really need to leave this place until e3 hits. IGN and whoever else are going to leak all the big stuff before the conference. I don't want my damn movie spoiled
LLShC.gif

Do you guys think the N64 had better Western support than the PS1? I can't think of a notable Western PS1 exclusive off the top of my head.

japtor

Re: NFC chat from a few pages back, one idea brought up that I agree with is to include it with existing standalone type toys, like regular figurines/action figures, and have tie ins to games through that rather than have stuff specifically designed only for the games.

And one example I don't think has been brought up but would be obvious if you thought about it: Lego. There's already that Lego game coming out and there's already a massive amount of Lego kits out there. Slap on some NFC tags to the boxes or insert a card and blammo, more sales for all! The scanned stuff can be put in use in game, download the models if they're not already on the disc, etc.

HylianTom

Banned
LTTP 2 would most certainly be hyperbomby. That would be huge.

Ehh.. I view most portable gaming as "oh.. that's nice." Definitely enjoyable, and I love what Nintendo puts-out.. but I'd never cry or outright scream like a loon at any portable-related news. Just a quirk.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well, I wish someone would at least give us clarification on whether or not Retro's title is there. If it's not at Nintendo's conference(s) I'm going to be real-life pissed. I'm serious.

I wouldn't mind a leak if it was the details of their online or OS but Retro's new game or something out of left field like a new 3D Mario? lol no thanks.

Effect

It was literally hours before. Like, not even a day.

Probably is, IGN isn't that subtle.

Not touching any game sites or blogs starting that weekend. Would like to actually be surprised going into the show this year. Last minute spoilers can be pretty annoying. Either do it weeks before but not right before.

Izick

Man, I have to tell you, I hate your avatar SO MUCH.

But yeah, LTTP 2 would be huge. Gotta move my ass and finish the first one to be ready.
Why?
Ehh.. I view most portable gaming as "oh.. that's nice." Definitely enjoyable, and I love what Nintendo puts-out.. but I'd never cry or outright scream like a loon at any portable-related news. Just a quirk.

I don't either, but I think a LTTP sequel will always be a megaton no matter what platform....well besides like the iPad.

Well, I wish someone would at least give us clarification on whether or not Retro's title is there. If it's not at Nintendo's conference(s) I'm going to be real-life pissed. I'm serious.

You're not alone. If Nintendo doesn't make a big deal out of Retro's title at E3 I will be upset. If they don't show it at all I will be pissed.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Almost 40's GAF has lived through it all, and it damn proud of it :p

I was the oddblall all into the TG-16 so that was my battle :p

I was also a Turbo Grafx devotee. I thought Nintendo was kiddy. And Sega was for assholes. There are probably posts stored on backup tapes somewhere from Prodigy servers where I'm railing against Nintendo.

Daschysta

Repping 23ish Nintendogaf! This E3 is going to be so Epic, the ninjas have ensured that stealth megaton bombs will indeed be dropped on our unsuspecting brains.

(Note that the word epic was not a cryptic hint of support by epic)

Started on the NES and haven't looked back since, Nintendo's handheld, home console, and a semi-decent PC is all that I need to make it through any console gen. (Though I did enjoy my PS1 back in the day)

maeda

Yeah, if Retro's game is not there, I will consider the conference a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom