• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii was such a good console.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Opinion and all but I would put NMH over NMH2 because only the first is a true cult classic (the sequel is more of a parody of being a sequel).
Also I strongly suggest Kororinpa (it's a very simple game that validate wiimote tilt controls, pure arcade bliss).

Shitting on every console's library most of the time just show the lack of knowledge of who talks (there are very little systems without any at least a few enjoyable games, looking at you Watara SuperVision...).
Wii library is undervalued because Nintendo big hits overshadow the rest of the games (even Nintendo smaller games like Punch Out!!) for those that just gave a casual look to Wii library.
Also Wii lack those kind of big budget releases more common on PS3 and Xbox 360 so if a guy is interested only in those he won't find anything palatable on Wii.
That said the true breath of Wii library stand with the mid tier games by Nintendo or third party.
Why do people keep saying punch out was overshadowed or niche, or didn't sell alot, it sold over a million copies.

Why do people keep saying punch out was overshadowed or niche, or didn't sell alot, it sold over a million copies.

It deserved to sell waaaaaay more than that!

A Nintendo-published Wii game in 2009 that received a decent marketing campaign should have sold a lot more than a million units. They even added silly gimmicks like balance board support, likely in an effort to appeal to the mainstream Wii audience.

foxuzamaki

It deserved to sell waaaaaay more than that!

A Nintendo-published Wii game in 2009 that received a decent marketing campaign should have sold a lot more than a million units. They even added silly gimmicks like balance board support, likely in an effort to appeal to the mainstream Wii audience.
Unless the game was way expensive no ga me selling over a million in general should be seen as a bad thing, especially a Wii budget game.

Unless the game was way expensive no ga me selling over a million in general should be seen as a bad thing, especially a Wii budget game.

Oh, I'm sure it made Nintendo a nice profit. I'm just saying it deserved to sell significantly better, given Wii's position at the time.

It wasn't a budget game either. It was a $50 release. And worth every penny!

foxuzamaki

Oh, I'm sure it made Nintendo a nice profit. I'm just saying it deserved to sell significantly better, given Wii's position at the time.

It wasn't a budget game either. It was a $50 release. And worth every penny!
Phrase that wrong, when I say wii budget I meant in terms of development not being HD and not having to break the bank over it.

Top Bottom