• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 360 Screens

Full credit to OdysseusVA who posted this in the OT:

OdysseusVA said:
Just saw this over at B3D
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318347/e3-2011-the-witcher-2-xbox-360-preview-impressions/

Gamespot said:
How does it look? The version we saw was a pre-alpha build, so it did not represent how the game will look at release. But our first reaction was, "Hey, this game looks really great on the Xbox 360." CD Projekt is aiming for the equivalent of the PC version's medium settings on the Xbox 360, and we noticed some animation hitches, screen tears, and a few frame rate dips, but that's par for the course at this stage. The art design still shone through, and Gop was proud of how the art design was always the team's first concern with the visuals. He stated that even Witcher 2 players enjoying the game on low settings are incredibly pleased with how the game looks. The team's goal is to make sure that The Witcher 2 runs smoothly at 30 frames per second minimum.

997903_20110608_screen005.jpg

997903_20110608_screen007.jpg

997903_20110608_screen008.jpg

997903_20110608_screen009.jpg

Looks pretty damned good!

Yep, doesn't look bad at all. PC low or PC medium? (notice the lack of detail on Foltest's armor)

All rpg fans need to get this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Discotheque said:
Yep, doesn't look bad at all. PC low or PC medium? (notice the lack of detail on Foltest's armor)

im playing on medium settings and this don't look near as good

TheOddOne

Discotheque said:

Gamespot text says CD Projekt is aiming for medium PC setting.

zlatko

Banned
Looks solid, but I want to see what the forest of Flotsam looks like. How much foliage can it show off and how many FPS can it maintain?

This game was my drive to spend my savings on a gaming laptop and enter the world of PC gaming. This 360 announcement has allowed me to postpone that and provided the comfort of knowing i will be able to pay my rent for at least 6 more months!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
zoner said:
im playing on medium settings and this don't look near as good
This is a pre-alpha build. They say in the article that they're aiming for Medium settings at 30 fps.

woober

It's a great game, and is looking pretty nice for 360 owners. The more Witcher we get, the better. I'm sure this is coming to the PS3 sometime as well, considering the hidden note they had in the PC trailer.

Fjordson

Nice. So glad it's coming to 360. If I don't have a new rig built by November then I'll be there day one on 360.

Glad they're focusing on one platform for this, and the 360 is the obvious choice. Get this if your PC can't run it! Stellar game.

Oreoleo

I came for the lulz, and am leaving fairly impressed actually. But this needs to be addressed:
Alextended said:
So, 680p?

Are the shots down-sampled or is that the native res the game will be running at? If the latter, it's not gonna look quite so good on a TV.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks great for 360. You guys are in for a treat.

NBtoaster

What's wrong with the colors in the first shot? Looks like there's no SSAO, I don't think it looked that great in the PC version though..

The lighting still looks very good, but the screens look supersampled.

Red

Krev said:
Looks pretty friggin' amazing for 360. Nice job CD Projekt.
The only obvious concessions I'm seeing are res and texture size. Draw distance will probably be lowered, but outside of that it seems they've managed to keep a lot of the detail.

It's a great game, people: buy it.

Top Bottom