• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I have an important question. Feel free to laugh but...I need to know if there are any giant spiders/insects in the game. Sadly, this is important.

Watched the endrega queen fight on YouTube. Little rough, but I think I can manage. Anything worse than that?

(sounds silly, I know)

Fjordson

Awesome, thanks!

Don't know what it is, they are really tough for me to deal with even in digital form. Same thing happened to me in Skyrim. Gave up on it until I was able to play on PC and mod out the spiders :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
what? there are no spiders in TW2.

at least I don't remember any. I'm going to check with wiki.

edit: just checked it. THERE ARE NO SPIDERS IN TW2. Arachas are not spiders.

Thrakier

But they are close enough aren't they? And when the pretty huge ones appear and they stalk after you with their thin, long legs, trying to eat you....BUHAHAHAHAHA.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
they are not close enough because they are based not on arachnids but on crustacea as Endrega queens. fjordson can google Arachas and see that they are not spiders.

Fjordson

But they are close enough aren't they? And when the pretty huge ones appear and they stalk after you with their thin, long legs, trying to eat you....BUHAHAHAHAHA.
Lmao. They are creepy. The movement is what gets me. But I'm with subversus here, they're more like nasty crabs than insects/spiders. Thankfully not enough to be a problem.

Thrakier

Lmao. They are creepy. The movement is what gets me. But I'm with subversus here, they're more like nasty crabs than insects/spiders. Thankfully not enough to be a problem.

They are pretty disgusting and spider-y, so you'll have nightmares, I'll bet on it. The endrega queen was abysmal itself anyway. It will hunt you, mark my words.

2AdEPT

everyone has certian neuroticisms ...mine is needles that draw blood specifically......although I have overcome worrying about it with cog therapy type stuff as a child, my body still gets nauseated each time and I ahve to lie down to ensure I don't pass out and get anohter concussion. Blood and guts on the game however has very little effect for some reason despite being real and graphic so although the insectoids are just s creepy as spiders to people like me and thrakier, I can understand how your phobia may be very acute and specific.

so far in act II there was a cluster of 5 endregas and a demi boss arachas that I used insectoid oil on....the demi bosses out in the wild tend to be of the golem/troll/wraith variety. The regular shmucks are necros drowners and harpies. I didn't even have to get the endregas to help out in the arachas fight but assume they would have, similar to how the nekkers bascially killed the queen endregas for me in act one.

on another note has anyone experienced difficulty with dice rolling? I had a couple successful rolls early on but now my options icons for the roll do not have buttons in them and the game freezes EVERY time after the opponent raises. I am on a laptop but experience no problems with lag even on some higher than minimum settings, so wondering if it s just me and if it is how can I correct it. I am hoping I do not have to start over just to get the dice which isn't that important anyway....at lest I hope it is isnt.

Fjordson

everyone has certian neuroticisms ...mine is needles that draw blood specifically......although I have overcome worrying about it with cog therapy type stuff as a child, my body still gets nauseated each time and I ahve to lie down to ensure I don't pass out and get anohter concussion. Blood and guts on the game however has very little effect for some reason despite being real and graphic so although the insectoids are just s creepy as spiders to people like me and thrakier, I can understand how your phobia may be very acute and specific.

so far in act II there was a cluster of 5 endregas and a demi boss arachas that I used insectoid oil on....the demi bosses out in the wild tend to be of the golem/troll/wraith variety. The regular shmucks are necros drowners and harpies. I didn't even have to get the endregas to help out in the arachas fight but assume they would have, similar to how the nekkers bascially killed the queen endregas for me in act one.
Yeah, it's definitely a specific thing. Had it ever since I can remember. Real bugs/spiders, forget about it. I'm running in the opposite way as fast as I can. In games, it's just started bothering me this gen with graphics getting better and better. The more detail, the more uncomfortable I am :lol

The only Witcher beast that gives me the willies are the Devourers from TW1. It's probably due to the way their disgusting tittles flop around as they charge at you.

http://images.wikia.com/witcher/images/7/7b/Bestiary_Devourer_full.png nsfw-ish
Lmao. Those were freaky.

Kikimores were basically insects so those got to me the most I think in the first game.

Teknoman

Yeah, it's definitely a specific thing. Had it ever since I can remember. Real bugs/spiders, forget about it. I'm running in the opposite way as fast as I can. In games, it's just started bothering me this gen with graphics getting better and better. The more detail, the more uncomfortable I am :lol

Heh i'm the opposite since I know I can overpower whatever/stings, bites,parasites cant hurt me. But in real life? I'm too worried about my well being, no matter how small. Especially if they can move fast/cocky enough to fly right at you.

2AdEPT

The only Witcher beast that gives me the willies are the Devourers from TW1. It's probably due to the way their disgusting tittles flop around as they charge at you.

http://images.wikia.com/witcher/images/7/7b/Bestiary_Devourer_full.png nsfw-ish
Now that is scary....those are so saggy they could easily choke some drunk bastard who was tryin to vamp a bit.

Oh, I'm not afraid of spiders at all.

Sorry ...didn't mean it that way, just that to people like you and me who commented in the thread, all these creepy crawly bug type monsters in the game seem equal to us...where as Fjordson has a specific trigger that we won't understand.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
New thread is done, posting it tonight (like 5-6 hours from now). Gonna miss this old one, but I'll see most of y'all on the flip side.

zlatko

Banned
New thread is done, posting it tonight (like 5-6 hours from now). Gonna miss this old one, but I'll see most of y'all on the flip side.

Oh man. Did you include the new cover art for 360 in it?

Also, what will the subtitle be? Plough 'Em All is such a good one. How can you top it?

Edit: Something to do with the nick names for the Fight Club quest would be amazing. Like the guy who can hang a bucket from his cock. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom