• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Chinner

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see act 3, TW2 battles Dark Souls for the worst endgame I've encountered this generation. Hope the added content changes act 3 from the brainmeltingly bad cesspool that it was to something worthy of ending a game of tw2's caliber.

what about me3 ;o

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
what was so bad about cesspool in Act 3? That is what politics are about. The only bad thing about TW2 ending is that it wasn't the ending, the game just stopped.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
what about me3 ;o

lol who in their right mind would buy that :p?

what was so bad about cesspool in Act 3? That is what politics are about.

I don't know where to start while keeping in mind it's been a year since I finished it, I just feel like the level and questdesign turned to utter shit ( mainly speaking of the "town" areas ) compared to earlier areas. The story became ever more nonsensical totally losing me along the way and the final showdown was extremely anticlimactic.

subversus

I don't know where to start, I just feel like the level and questdesign turned to utter shit ( mainly speaking of the "town" areas ) compared to earlier areas. The story became ever more nonsensical totally losing me along the way and the final showdown was extremely anticlimactic.

the story is hard to follow because you have to dig into codex or read the books to understand who is who and why he/she is important. As for quests there were almost none except 1 witcher quest, a couple of other minor affairs and a good quest about getting the armor which starts in Act 1 if you don't miss it. Also if you choose to follow a certain character there will be some very badass scenes and pretty interesting decisions.

the "problem" is that the game is so branched out when Act 3 starts that experience may vary A LOT.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't know where to start while keeping in mind it's been a year since I finished it, I just feel like the level and questdesign turned to utter shit ( mainly speaking of the "town" areas ) compared to earlier areas. The story became ever more nonsensical totally losing me along the way and the final showdown was extremely anticlimactic.

I like the questing and story, but the narrative itself was too rushed, and before I knew it I was at the very endgame. The boss battle against
the dragon
is one of the worst boss fights I've had the displeasure of experiencing in a 3D action game thanks to the worst hit boxes and collision detection in the history of hit boxes and collision detection.

I quite liked the area, but I felt the entire act was rushed and relatively empty. Act I and Act II I felt I could really sink into, take in the world, the characters, the lore, and go about things at my own pace, knowing I'd have plenty to discover and see before wrapping it up. Act III rushed to a climax, missing a lot of the slower paced exploration world building of the first two acts. I know there's some extra stuff there, but it just felt kinda eh.

For me, Act III as it was felt like more like an epilogue sequence, especially compared to how long the prologue was, and the original the Witcher's epilogue and final act.

subversus

I may be flexible but Act III was the epilogue for me. Also it's definitely longer than the prologue.

Tokubetsu

I may be flexible but Act III was the epilogue for me. Also it's definitely longer than the prologue.

Yea, I wasn't too had on it myself either. After Act II, and even how Act III starts, it felt like this was the end. Calling it the worst thing ever is a bit harsh when the only real problem with it is it's length. Main story wise it's as close to flawless as endings get. It wraps up everything that occured within the game's story while still giving us threads for a sequel. Let's try to not shit up a primarily console thread with spoilerish talk though.

Side note/Cross Post:

Uh, why did they take out picking your save slot manually? I'm gonna have a giant folder full of saves now...twice over.

EDIT: Yea, from my previous playthrough, my save folder is already 3.51 gig...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Right, but there was also an actual epilogue :p. The sense of rushed pacing was a consequence of precedent set by the first two acts. Act III, despite obviously the climax, was riding off the back of the previous two, and as it started I figured I was in for a similar experience: plenty of wandering about, exploring, mini quests, and secrets. Instead most of the big stuff happens as the game rushes towards the final mission, and by then all the side quest stuff is locked off.

I don't feel the same way as Corky in that I didn't like the third act. I did like it. I liked the questing and plot points. But I did feel like it was rushed and, by comparison to the previous acts, a bit empty.

I'm pretty excited to see how it feels with the new content.

wiggleb0t

Banned
This was probably my GOTY however couldn't finish it due to serious injury and plus had a serious bug... Regardless of what drivers I use for my 5970 certain parts of the game results in enemies with no lock on or health bars... No caps fixes it either..

The only solution to this is enabling ubersampling...Setting ubersampling to 1 in the .ini wont fix it.. It has to be 2 for it to fix the problem.... This puts it at an unplayable framerate.....

Can't believe that I've waited 7 odd months to resume playing after a 20 off GB patch only to still have the same problem.... :(

Reported the problem to CDprojekt a long time back... No response.

Well, it's happened again. Every game looks like shit compared to the Witcher 2. I was watching some Dragon's Dogma footage (a game I'm really looking forward to) and I just couldn't help but notice how bad it looks in comparison :(

I don't agree with that; at least on 360. It looks really good, but the tearing and frame rate bring it down a notch imo. I won't say DD looks better, but TW2 definitely doesn't make it look "bad". I do wish I had a PC strong enough to run it on highest settings though.

I don't agree with that; at least on 360. It looks really good, but the tearing and frame rate bring it down a notch imo. I won't say DD looks better, but TW2 definitely doesn't make it look "bad". I do wish I had a PC strong enough to run it on highest settings though.

Should have clarified, I specifically meant the PC version (it's the only one I've played). After playing it for just a few hours it makes other great looking games (Just Cause 2, Vanquish, Battlefield 3) not look so great any more and it bums me out.

Abylim

I have read abit of this thread, but its massive now.
Any word on this coming out for Ps3? If not I'll just buy it on my new shiny 360 :)

abunai

I have read abit of this thread, but its massive now.
Any word on this coming out for Ps3? If not I'll just buy it on my new shiny 360 :)

They haven't said anything, just speculation. At the very least you'd be waiting a long time, just go for the 360.

I think I'm getting graphical glitches or something. The goatee on the cell guard right at the start of the game looked unbelievably awful, and I don't remember it being that way originally.

Abylim

They haven't said anything, just speculation. At the very least you'd be waiting a long time, just go for the 360.

Yup, I barely held off when it launched for PC.
Will pick it up when I'm done with Lost Odyssey, and maybe Blue Dragon.
I love picking up a console so late in its life. So many awesome games for cheap.

Solo

Act 1 side quest spoilers:
I just got that stupid tattoo from Hung Over and Triss disappeared. Does she have a hiding place besides the tavern? I cant find her anywhere.

Did this quest twice before and never had this problem :(

Letho's banging her

ced

360 version.

I don't believe we can't customize the controls ( swap left and right triggers) or turn down the camera sensitivity.

Other than that it's pretty fun, though the difficulty balance between normal and easy is way off. I had to play one part in the prologue on easy, then realized that's way too easy. I'm back on normal now and it's fine so far.

gdt

Any interviews with CDPR? Has anyone talked about bringing over more 360 UI/control stuff to the PC version?

Finally after three attempts of getting to Floatsam and not continuing the game (not the games problem, but real life problems, and then waiting to the EE) I could yesterday beat again the prologue, get to Floatsam, and sunk in.

What a magnificent game, just like in the Witcher 1 were the Wyzima swamps were threatening and you could get lost, the Floatsam forest is just the same, but even more creepier, I have my headphones on and the music and ambient sounds are frightening.

The only thing I dont like is that you cant add a mark in your map (if you havent put any sidequest) to go were you want, and that the radar of the forest looks like shit and nothing like the map.

ced

So how's the performance in the 360 version?

As long as it doesn't dip under 25fps or something I'm good with that.

Been great while playing, a little bit of texture pop in but it's smooth and very little tearing. The cutscenes have really bad tearing and texture pop in at times, but being a cutscene it's just cosmetic.

george_us

So how's the performance in the 360 version?

As long as it doesn't dip under 25fps or something I'm good with that.
Game runs pretty well. The pop-in is barely noticeable for the most part, and I hear even that was present in the PC versions. I have no issues for it personally and I'm wishing I didn't have to go to work so I could play more.:(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This game, man. The cutscenes are all executed wonderfully; the choices actually provide completely different dialog even when they lead to the same place(beginning of the game), the combat is fun, tactical, and heavy. I'm in love. I just got to Flotsam and am exploring the lush world, didn't know there were so many quests. I thought that super cheery narrator was weird, but whatever.

ced

This game, man. The cutscenes are all executed wonderfully; the choices actually provide completely different dialog even when they lead to the same place(beginning of the game), the combat is fun, tactical, and heavy. I'm in love. I just got to Flotsam and am exploring the lush world. I thought that super cheery narrator was weird, but whatever.

Yeah Dandelions VA as well as Trish's sound really bad sometimes, way too out of place and corny.

Complistic

Game runs pretty well. The pop-in is barely noticeable for the most part, and I hear even that was present in the PC versions. (

When you have absolutely 0 load times except between chapters you just sorta accept there could sometimes be small amounts of pop in.

This game, man. The cutscenes are all executed wonderfully; the choices actually provide completely different dialog even when they lead to the same place(beginning of the game), the combat is fun, tactical, and heavy. I'm in love. I just got to Flotsam and am exploring the lush world, didn't know there were so many quests. I thought that super cheery narrator was weird, but whatever.

lol Dandelion has a thing for the theatrical side of things.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Damn, I want to get it today, but 60 bones...that's a lot.

Was going to wait for a price drop...

You probably paid $60 for ME3. Think about it.

Think about what you get for $60 The Witcher 2.

Yeah Dandelions VA as well as Trish's sound really bad sometimes, way too out of place and corny.

Are there multiple VA on the Xbox360 disks? Like polish VA? Because that one is extremly good.

Moaradin

Dandelion and Triss VA is pretty bad. Geralt can too occasionally, but most of the time he's good. Those two I don't recall ever being good.

Jaskier (original name of Dandelion) HAS to be corny, its what his character is about.

BTW, its the part with the map where he narrates new? I dont remember saying it the first time I arrived to Floatsam.

I hate that the spanish subs have this real name, Jaskier, as in the books, but the voice actors in english say all the time Dandelion. It takes me out of place. There was no reason for changing his name in english.
As I downloaded the polish voices maybe I try those, but I like a lot Geralts english voice (im accostumed to the frist game), so I dont know.
I would pay for a good spanish dub, and also a quality translation, like the books have :(

Thrakier

Beware, the BROOM OF DOOM!!!

witcher22012-04-1814-bju8v.png

Salaadin

Dandelion and Triss VA is pretty bad. Geralt can too occasionally, but most of the time he's good. Those two I don't recall ever being good.

Triss is ok when shes just talking but the moment she tries to convey any emotion she just, well, doesnt.
I dont mind Dandelions voice. When I read the books, I actually imagine that voice in my head. It seems to fit him. And the over exaggerations in his narration fit him as well. Hes a corny jackass.

gdt

Seems like the EE version run ALOT better for me. Plus that stuttering fix makes my game run super smooth. Crazy.

So my EE signed copy arrived from Amazon.. The Quest guide is in perfect nick; however, the game manual is crumpled on one side. Dammit. Thank you very much, Flexbox!

protonion

The game is indeed amazing. I almost skipped it!

Can anyone help me with the troll quest?

I think I have to find a house with a troll head inside right? WTH is it? I think I've looked everywhere.

owlbeak

Aaaaaaannnnnd the EE patch makes the game unlaunchable for me again. Fuck >:[
Are you downloading and replacing the two files as indicated a couple days ago?

I think I have to find a house with a troll head inside right? WTH is it? I think I've looked everywhere.
Check the houses in the village just outside the walls of Flotsam near the forest.

Exuro

Did you check the village right outside of flotsam by the lake?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've been trying to parry and riposte - I'll try rolling behind enemies more often.

Did you actually unlock those skills so that you can actually do them? The tutorial teaches you how to do those, but once you start the game they're actually not available right away.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Aaaaaaannnnnd the EE patch makes the game unlaunchable for me again. Fuck >:[

Are you on the Steam version? You should just retrieve your Steam key and put into GOG then use their launcher and have it do all the work for you. Screw the Steamworks crap when you get excellent support from GOG themselves.

Are you downloading and replacing the two files as indicated a couple days ago?
Don't think so. I have the Steam version and it updated on it's own (it's now labeled as Enhanced Edition in my library).

My specific problem is when I launch it (from Steam or directly from the launcher or exe) it brings up the launcher fine. Then when I click "launch game" the medallion pops up for a couple of seconds, W7 asks me if I'm sure I want to run the launcher, and then the launcher comes back up. Every once in a while, after clicking launch, Steam will give me an "application is already running" error.

Top Bottom