• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 Gameplay - Leaked Video (Alpha)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Looks great. I'm gonna grab Witcher EE off Steam when I get a new PC. I can't wait to play it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jtyettis said:
Old video you say. Hmm, well then old is old then.

Huh? Dunno about that, it's just everything about this screams "Hey fans check out our game."

I love me some Witcher, still waiting on that 360 port tho.

Thanks for the vid though, seems like someone has been pretty naughty in making it public.

Violater said:
Canceling the console versions you are dead to me

This.... However, with the amount of problems I've had (even with the enhanced editon) with this game crashing, I wonder how difficult it'd be to pass QA on the 360/PS3.

Yoboman

Hopefully the voice acting is more consistent. And people have individual voices and less repeated NPCs. Only complaint I had with the original

Yeah, this ain't internal.

Also, i hate the fact that they kept the combat, it was the main reason i never bothered, that and the backtracking and the potion focus.

Hope they change that.

Yasae

Banned
Damn.. That looks pretty good.

They're using placeholders as audio for now. You can hear Geralt's combat exclamations from the first game @ 4:52, for example.

EDIT:
Answer me this. I don't remember the flashing sword icon (indicating a chain) remaining lit when you moved your cursor off the the enemy in the original game, yet this time it stays aflame regardless of cursor position.

Am I remembering things wrong? If not, that's (strangely enough) a big improvement over the first game.

dejan

Looking good so far. The voices are obviously just place holders.

lorddarkflare said:
Also, i hate the fact that they kept the combat, it was the main reason i never bothered, that and the backtracking and the potion focus.

Hope they change that.
Yeah, how about ... no?

Darklord said:
I haven't even finished the first. :\

They are, that's not the main characters voice...not even close.

Had to be sure. Watching that was like watching Star Wars and listening to Vader before James Earl Jones' voice was dubbed in.

dejan

permutated said:
Wow the framerate is horrible.

"Cool, isn't it?" :lol

Yeah, that dragon part was like the visually least impressive stuff in that video. It's just footage from an alpha version tho. Their new day/night cycle tech looks great even at this early stage in development.

Fredescu

Violater said:
As far as we know, that was a dispute between them and the developer it was outsourced to. A fairly small developer like CD Projekt probably can't afford to keep throwing money at it until it happens. I wouldn't be suprised to see Witcher 2 on consoles.

epmode

lorddarkflare said:

Hope they change that.
You just broke my mind. I don't think it's possible for me to disagree more.

peakish

Doesn't say anything about the game. Although I'm pretty excited anyways since I liked a lot of features in the first game, but they should really hype other things than QTE:s, graphics and crowds that reacts to some actions.

They really should redesign the combat, the focus on potions was great but timing attacks was lame. And less combat overall please, must every RPG be filled with poor encounters wherever you turn.

"The Witcher" was the only pure WRPG that I've ever REALLY enjoyed from start to finish.

I know this may be a bit early saying, but so far it seems to me that CDProjekt really knows how to make a good WRPG (similar to how Atlus really knows how to make a good JRPG).

strem

Violater said:

Smartest thing they could of done. This game is made for the PC and it would of saddened me to see them hack it up just to try and get it to work with a controller

the combat in the game is ehhh, it's so close to fable 2 system of combat they might as well implement a better 1 button combat solution. Instead of click wait for animation, then click again.

Top Bottom