• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: 1080p/30fps on PS4, 900p/30fps on Xbox One

chadskin

From the German Gamestar preview:

PS4: 1080p, 30fps, minimally sharper textures than XB1, slightly less sharp textures than the "high" setting on PC
XB1: 900p, 30fps, still being worked on

Im Konsolenduell hat derweil die PlayStation 4 eindeutig die Grafiknase vorn. Zwar sind die Texturen etwas unschärfer als bei »hohen« PC-Details, das fällt im normalen TV-Abstand aber kaum auf. Zudem läuft das Hexerabenteuer auf der PS4 in 1080p - allerdings nur mit 30 Frames pro Sekunde, was uns aber nicht stört.

Auf der Xbox One begibt sich Geralt ebenfalls mit 30 fps auf Monsterjagd, aber nur in 900p, die Texturen sehen zudem minimal verwaschener aus als auf der PS4. Allerdings feilt CD Projekt nach eigener Aussage noch an der Xbox-Version, vielleicht können man sie noch auf 1080p hochschrauben, man wolle aber nichts versprechen. Stand jetzt ist das PS4-Bild das schärfere und farbstärkere.

Google translation:

In the duel console PlayStation 4, meanwhile, has clearly ahead of the graph. Although the textures are a bit more blurred than "high" PC details that falls within the normal TV-distance but hardly noticeable. In addition, the witcher adventure runs on the PS4 in 1080p - but only at 30 frames per second, which did not bother us.

On the Xbox One Geralt goes also with 30 fps on monster hunt, but only in 900p, the textures also seen slightly more washed out than on the PS4. However, polishes CD Projekt own words yet on the Xbox version, maybe you can still screw up to 1080p, but you would not promise anything. Stand now is the PS4 image the sharper and stronger color.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...el/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt,49062,3082308.html

B8SSnD1IYAAKlJg.jpg:large

Derpcrawler

Expected. Although I am sure texture are exactly the same, it's just lack of higher resolution itself that makes them more blurry on Xbox One.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

JordanKZ

That's pretty impressive for the PS4, if its indeed running close to High PC settings. I wonder how close to 'High' the lighting/shadows will be.

I wonder if my machine will be able to hit 1440/60... >_>

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well there it is. Getting it on PS4 then. (Really thought they'd both be 900p, so this is good news)

Doubling dipping on PC when they make a card that can do it in 4K.

ViciousDS

Banned
Awesome to hear. 1080p and comparable to the 'high' preset on PC. That'll get no complaining fro me.

Let's just hope the 30fps is solid for both platforms.

Xando

That's pretty impressive for the PS4, if its indeed running close to High PC settings. I wonder how close to 'High' the lighting/shadows will be.

I wonder if my machine will be able to hit 1440/60... >_>

PC was running on high with a 980, 8GB RAM and a Intel Core i7-4790.

Kezen

Banned
So console versions not equivalent to high settings ? At least for the textures.
Strange, I wonder if there will be an ultra settings for textures.

nib95

Banned
I'm pretty impressed the PS4 version managed to hit 1080p. I wonder just how stable the 30fps will be in both these versions of the game. I'm predicting not very, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

So 1080p and High settings on PS4, so it looks just like the recent gameplay video, nice. Looks like I won't have to cancel my CE pre-order.

Maybe because its not down to MS to tell the third party developer what they can and cant do.

Eh? I meant in terms of aiding them given the apparent marketing push between both of them. Not sure where I suggested anything about telling them. If someone offered to help make your product better, why would you realistically turn it down?

Expected. But they were the only developer to say Xbox1 was easier than PS4 to get up and running, so I kind of thought it may play out different, but I guess they got the PS4 up and running well after all. Already pre ordered thanks to 10% on PSN^^

Caayn

So outside of the resolution, fps and textures are slightly lower than the PC equivalent of high we know nothing?

That's not an awful lot of data to draw any useful conclusion from.
So 1080p and High settings on PS4, so it looks just like the recent gameplay video, nice. Looks like I won't have to cancel my CE pre-order.
If it's really similar to high PC settings and the frame-rate is stable that's an impressive showing for the PS4.
Only the textures for the PS4 are stated to be slightly lower than the PC version of high, we don't know anything about the other graphic settings yet.

Top Bottom