• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch. 2019.

Evilms

Banned
1560515103-2.png

1560515101-1.png

1560515101-4.png

1560515099-3.png

1560515103-6.png

1560515102-5.png

1560515334-8.png

1560515333-7.png

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Releasing this at full price is actually insulting. But then again I remember that Switch owners will literally buy anything regardless of the price.

Zannegan

Releasing this at full price is actually insulting. But then again I remember that Switch owners will literally buy anything regardless of the price.
You must have something better to do than fuss over other people's purchasing habits. A game to play, perhaps? =P

If they can get $60 for it, CDPR is gonna try, and for the amount of content included that's honestly not a bad price. And they actually shelled out for a 32gb card unlike a lot of studios. Then again, 'tis a bit ugly. Then again again, of the game's good, and people want to play the full thing on the go for some reason, why should I care? *shrug*

Virex

Banned
You must have something better to do than fuss over other people's purchasing habits. A game to play, perhaps? =P

If they can get $60 for it, CDPR is gonna try, and for the amount of content included that's honestly not a bad price. And they actually shelled out for a 32gb card unlike a lot of studios. Then again, 'tis a bit ugly. Then again again, of the game's good, and people want to play the full thing on the go for some reason, why should I care? *shrug*
I was waiting for a comment like this. You've made my day. Always funny to see the Switch Defence Force in action.

MagnesG

Banned
That's not true at all. I would say good games could thrive, not bad titles or ports.

I was waiting for a comment like this. You've made my day. Always funny to see the Switch Defence Force in action.
Lol always can appreciate people you guys concerns, it means the best I know. I can always port beg if you want lol.

A.Romero

I love Witcher 3 and I don't have a Switch. However, I think it's great that more gamers can try one of the best games ever made.

Of course there have to be some compromises but to each it's own. If someone wanted top fidelity, they wouldn't be playing on the Switch anyway.

It's like saying the PS4 version is worthless because it runs better on PC (remember all those slowdowns in the bog area?).

I fully recommend this game and I think CDPR deserves full price for this game. Specially because the media that is involved.

oagboghi2

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_03.png

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_05.png

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_09.png

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_04.png

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_08.png

The game is being ported to Nintendo Switch by Saber Interactive (NBA Playground and Shaq Fu ) in close cooperation with CD PROJEKT RED.

Digital version 32 GB.

That doesn't look bad

So is this like an admission that you're pathetic?

Last edited:

Meesh

Yuperdoodle, can't be helped, I'm gunna have tah play this on the go.

Eteric Rice

I might finally be able to play this. I have ADHD, so being able to just pick up and play the game anywhere is kind of a huge deal for me.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Its insulting you cant seem to understand that witcher 3 is running on a fucking handheld.
So is doom
So is skyrim
So is diablo 3

60 is nothing for this kinda of crazy programming.

Day 1

Be angry at assassins creed not this stuff

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As much as I loooove The Witcher 3, I just don't see myself picking this up. My Switch is never undocked so to me it's just a home console so the option for portability isn't much of an incentive at all.

BruceCM

Watching comparison video & looking at the screenshots, I wouldn't have known which version was which without the indicators to tell me.... :p

The game is going to look and play fine, of that I am sure. It’s also not going to be the best looking way to play the game. That’s sort of the point. The Witcher 3 is essentially being ported to last-gen consoles. There’s going to be sacrifices. If those sacrifices are too much for you, don’t buy the game. It’s not a difficult choice.

Honestly, I’m very happy the Switch is getting this level of support from developers and publishers. It’s great to see a Nintendo console that developers are excited about. They might be ports for now, but I think it’ll lead to more new games being developed. Especially if Nintendo makes the Switch a platform for future consoles. If Nintendo actually embraces backwards and forwards compatibility, a lot of these ports are going to look better as the hardware improves.

Ol'Scratch

Watching comparison video & looking at the screenshots, I wouldn't have known which version was which without the indicators to tell me.... :p
On one hand I am sorry to hear about your macular degeneration and impending blindness. On the other hand everyone needs to play and support The Witcher in all forms.

Armorian

Banned
No.... I see very slight differences but I wouldn't know which was which without the labels :p I'm sure it'll look great in handheld mode, anyway :D

You have less polygons, worse textures, cut down lod and draw distance and of course much lower resolution. Differences are obvious on pc monitor, that's why I asked about screen you are using ;)

Last edited:

BruceCM

I don't have a PC.... No point comparing it on a big screen when I'll be playing on the Switch 1 :p Thing is, I obviously never played it on anything else or I wouldn't be getting Switch version :D

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Release Date: Autumn 2019

Goff2k

Its impressive that they can port this over. So what's EA's excuse for not bringing Madden, NHL...hell the sports lineup for switch?

Kazza

Asked if working on the port gives the Cyberpunk 2077 studio a good foundation for future projects on the platform, senior producer Piotr Chrzanowski told VGC: “From the perspective or understanding the Switch ecosystem and how the hardware works, definitely. That was a huge gain in having this project.

“How that affects our future plans I can’t really say,” he added.

Cyberpunk 2077 port confirmed!

Top Bottom