• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 crashes constantly after Pro patch (v. 1.50)

Lnds500

EU physical GOTY version, latest patch installed.

I stopped playing the game on my Pro when they announced the patch and now that they have released it, I am constantly running into problems.

My game has crashed 5 times since yesterday and also froze in a cutscene once with the error code being CE-34878-0. It mostly happens on vendors I am selling stuff to, but it has happened randomly as well.

Another problem I have encountered is that, during cutscenes, the camera will get blurry and lag just before the angle changes to the other character. I don't think that was there before.

I have deleted the game, reinstalled it, I rebuilt the database but the same thing keeps happening.

There are no new updates for the game (1.51 is for some regions only), my system has the latest OS and I am kinda pissed.

Found out it's not just my game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Pro/comments/74m0dn/witcher_3_crashing_after_pro_update/

I wouldn't open a thread about it but I wanna draw attention to these problems and hope CD Project will fix them. I have also send a support ticket to them.

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope they fix this. I held off my blood and wine playthrough because of stuff like this. I don't wanna risk it.

Lnds500

Customer support responded. They first suggested I turn off Boost mode but that didn't help so they came back with this response.

In this case, as for now, all I can suggest is to not enlarge the items descriptions and compare items.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I haven't tried it yet but it looks like they are aware of the issue, since their suggestions are very specific.

I havent had any freezes, but I did have a couple swords disappear. They still work and are still in my inventory, but the swords are invisible when equipped. Ive tried restarting and reloading older saves with no luck on resolving it.

Ahasverus

Yep this is true for me too. It crashes when the "branching" cutscenes play and it lags horribly when you select a dialogue choice. I've also found more graphical glitches than I saw in my first playthrough,

Granted, my console never prompted me to download 15.1 and I can't force update it.

Lnds500

Yep this is true for me too. It crashes when the "branching" cutscenes play and it lags horribly when you select a dialogue choice. I've also found more graphical glitches than I saw in my first playthrough,

Granted, my console never prompted me to download 15.1 and I can't force update it.

The 1.51 is regional, I don't have it either.

Ushay

Customer support responded. They first suggested I turn off Boost mode but that didn't help so they came back with this response.

I haven't tried it yet but it looks like they are aware of the issue, since their suggestions are very specific.

Question, why would you need boost mode when this game is 'patched' already?
Hope this gets sorted.

Lnds500

This is the latest from CD Project.

TL; DR they aren't fixing it.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sadly, it is possible that the fix we prepared in one of previous patches didn't work for you due to some file corruption.

Unfortunately, we don't have further plans to fix it as any other fixes are too big risk for the entire game.

If you would start the game from the beginning or in NG+ mode the issue will be most likely gone.

At this moment we are not working on, nor planning to release, any patches for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have played at least 20 hours on the Pro and have had one crash. I had a 90 hour playthru soon after launch and I think it crashed once or twice.

Another problem I have encountered is that, during cutscenes, the camera will get blurry and lag just before the angle changes to the other character. I don't think that was there before.

This has happened to me maybe 3 times, but I definitely remember it happening just as often before the Pro patch.

Lnds500

I have played at least 20 hours on the Pro and have had one crash. I had a 90 hour playthru soon after launch and I think it crashed once or twice.

This has happened to me maybe 3 times, but I definitely remember it happening just as often before the Pro patch.

Did you try what happens when comparing items in vendors?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Did you try what happens when comparing items in vendors?

Funnily enough I had an issue with a vendor last night. When I closed down the shop to return to the conversation, my dialogue options didn't appear. At first I thought it had crashed, but it was still running fine, the text just didn't appear. I was still able to press down and X to leave the conversation. This is the only issue I have had with vendors and I have compared many items in the last week.

I'm in the UK/IE region so not sure if I have 1.5 or 1.51, I think it's 1.51.

I've played about 15 hours since installing the patch (although I deleted my save file and started again from scratch) and have had no crashes at all...

Tyaren

I too have encountered more bugs and glitches after the patch than ever before. Just in the last couple of days I had the background music and some NPC voices failing to play (restarting the game fixed this), the sky failed loading clouds properly (restarting didn't fix it but fast travel did), ambient occlusion works very inconsistently now. Sometimes it is there in full force with a very visible halo around characters and objects and sometimes it is simply gone. For that reason interiors look fake and sterile at times.

AlphaMale

I finished Witcher 3 + both DLC recently (before the most recent Pro patch). However, I have a Pro and ran the game on Boost Mode the entire time.

One thing I did notice...
It would *always* crash if I was talking to a merchant and I'm pressing and holding L2(?) to compare items while I'm shopping. If I do enough compares (usually the compare is held side-by-side for a long time), the game will certainly crash on me. I've been able to repeat this many times.

Hope this helps anyone who is playing the game on a Pro. It might already be fixed with the latest patch, I don't know.

Loudninja

CD Projekt to address The Witcher 3 post-PS4 Pro patch crashes
But CD Project confirmed to Eurogamer that this PS4 Pro crashing issue will be sorted soon.

"This response was simply a miscommunication on our end," a CD Projekt said over email.

"We are aware of the issues some users have been experiencing following the PS4 Pro Patch and we are looking into addressing those as soon as possible."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ress-the-witcher-3-post-ps4-pro-patch-crashes

Hmm, put in 30 hours on my end with my Pro version, and haven't had a single crash yet, but hopefully they address this for those who are.

Planet

I am affected, too. Will try to turn off enlarging the info popup, because there it crashes most often for sure. But it also crashes at random other occasions.

Hopefully they get it sorted, because the Pro patch renewed my addiction that sadly lay dormant since a few weeks after launch now. I wasn't even anywhere near the end, but for distracted somehow and never found the courage to tackle such a massive game after a pause. Now I'm back in and totally hooked, but can't really continue ATM because the crashes become more and more frequent.

EDIT: Not enlarging the descriptions definitely helped, I couldn't even sell a bunch of loot before I read about this and turned it off. Now it works, I can continue.

Lnds500

I am near the end of the base game and it has crashed two times during the battle. :/

Sound effects seem to be missing at random times as well.

aeiron

Neo Member
1080p.

It 100% crashes on mine when I compare equipment on the vendor selling screen.

There's a bug when large/zoomed tooltips are enabled while viewing/comparing which causes a crash, especially when shopping. Had it happen to me a couple times.

Planet

Can confirm that, turning it off significantly lowered my crash frequency. It wasn't only when comparing, though, just browsing sometimes triggered it.

Lnds500

Platinumed the game, completed everything + the expansions and the patch still hasn't dropped. Thanks for nothing CD Project

Top Bottom