• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition coming 5th Feb. according to French retailer

Coreda

French hypermarket chain E.Leclerc has listed the Enhanced Edition of the TW3 as coming 5th of next month according to their online site. Credit to Renae for the tip.

yTESZKx.png

Downgrade me if old.

Update: two sites are now listing the same date.

A search for the EAN code returns another site listing the Enhanced Edition and the same date.

---

Update 2: Two CDPR employees (Michal PG, Burza46) in addition to the official Witcher Twitter have all confirmed with identical replies there's no Enhanced Edition and it was an error.

Bummer. The dream is dead.

Cincaid

"Enhanced edition" is the new "GOTY edition"?

Edit so not more quote me: Apparently the "enhanced edition" is nothing new to Witcher 3, as the previous titles also have their own enhanced editions. And if I understand correctly the enhanced editions don't include the paid DLC packs.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm assuming this would be a GOTY edition with all the DLC, right? As far as I can tell, The Witcher 3 doesn't need a massive revamping like the first two games did, so I wonder if there will be anything substantially different about this release apart from the DLC.

ghostjoke

Banned
If it's anything like the enhanced editions of the other two, bring it on. They're a fair bit more than sticking all the DLC together like your average GOTY.

To those who are used to the normal way GOTY works: CD Projekt enhanced editions have been free overhauls to owners that fix/add/rework many of the complaints players have.

Vinc

Might buy this even though I already bought the game at launch and own the season pass. I just love CDPR too much.

That would surprise me since the next expansion would not be out by then.

I hope that they add some DX12 support or some new engine features as per the enchanced edition. They did technically do that with tw1 and in some part for tw2 (bokeh quality increased actually between releases if I recall: most people really did not notice... but my performance did in the those scenes).

Probably won't happen though.

Cincaid

CDProjectRed have always named their GotY editions as Enhanced since the first game.

They did "enhanced editions" for the previous two titles.

No. Enhaced Edition is something CDPR has done with the two last Witcher games. It has fixes and extra content.

And it's free to existing owners.

With the previous games, it was a free upgrade so if it's the case here, it's not necessarily the same as a GOTY edition.

I'm confused. :(

Reason I asked was that I've been waiting for a GOTY-edition release to pick up on PS4 with all DLC and stuff. But maybe this isn't it then? Though I guess the question is dumb since right now this is just an unconfirmed rumor!

Zojirushi

How did they handle the gameplay changes they made for the Witcher 2 EE, were they available as DLC or patch for people who bought Vanilla Witcher 2?

I just bought the game, so I can't wait for more fixes and extras, specially combat related (since the Enhanced Edition of the first two games brought massive changes to gameplay and balance).

Seems too early for an enhanced edition. I could see it coming out October or November but less than a year after release? Doesn't make sense to me.

The_Monk

This means Blood & Wine is close to being released. I don't remember the last time I got excited for a Expansion or DLC but after Hearts of Stone I can't wait for more The Witcher 3. It's content done right and the physical edition of the previous Expansion was really nice.

For those waiting for a complete edition, I hope you can have a great time with the game. I lost the notion of time when I played the main story while exploring and adventuring, so good!

Vinc

This means Blood & Wine is close to being released. I don't remember the last time I got excited for a Expansion or DLC but after Hearts of Stone I can't wait for more The Witcher 3. It's content done right and the physical edition of the previous Expansion was really nice.

For those waiting for a complete edition, I hope you can have a great time with the game. I lost the notion of time when I played the main story while exploring and adventuring, so good!

I've been patiently waiting for the next Team Ico game since SOTC came out, and even with The Last Guardian finally set to come out this year, my most anticipated game of this year still ends up being Blood and Wine at this point. I had never played a CDPR game before, save for a few minutes of Witcher 2 on 360, and I still can't even believe how good The Witcher 3 is.

Radec

If they include both expansions and updated game files in the disk, that's a sweet deal for first timers.

Damn I am rewarded again for putting off playing this game; if this is a hint towards an enhanced edition like they did with the Witcher 2, that will be the best time to jump in

after the enhanced edition receives a patch or two, of course

Nordicus

Seems too early for an enhanced edition. I could see it coming out October or November but less than a year after release? Doesn't make sense to me.
Well with Witcher 1 and 2, much smaller games with less platforms to cover, the Enhanced Edition came 11 months after release.

On Feb 5th it's barely been 9 months

This "Enhanced Edition", if it is even real, is at best all the free DLC, previous patches, and the expansion content on disc. Anyone expecting significant changes on top of that... keep your expectations in check

Top Bottom