• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project NextGen - First Preview

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

it's time to show you some new surprises (yes, again :) ). I just want to mention that I am constantly surprised how amazing the Witcher community is, your support motivates me and is really the main reason to continue my adventure with the Wicher 3, just a big thank you! As you can see, I'm currently working on the next version of HDRP (called currently NextGen), but I'm also waiting for a response from CDPR regarding possible cooperation (or something) about The Witcher 3 for new consoles and PC upgrade, so we'll see what happens in the future. Also I have plans for Cyberpunk in the future (Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project maybe? :) ), it's a really outstanding looking game, but I found some poor quality assets, so I can make them "high quality" . So for this occasion, I have a small survey: https://www.strawpoll.me/42355990 That's all for now, thank you everyone and see you soon! Greetings!

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I waited with another playthrough to get a new GPU and for the final version of the HD reworked to be released. Now that it is out you are telling me I need to wait even more? Sure, I can do that....

Huh. So the mod is already out, but the video is about a newer version of the mod that further updates the textures?

Theres a link in the description that leads you to the mod itself.

I'm confused.

Cause I'm literally about to rebuy Witcher 3 for my PC if it's already out and the video is just that.

Rikkori

Huh. So the mod is already out, but the video is about a newer version of the mod that further updates the textures?

Theres a link in the description that leads you to the mod itself.

I'm confused.

Cause I'm literally about to rebuy Witcher 3 for my PC if it's already out and the video is just that.
There's already a fairly comprehensive mod version that's out and available, that's the culmination of many years of work on textures & models. What is shown in the video in the OP is what the same guy is working on next for The Witcher 3, because the mod already available, while comprehensive, doesn't touch every single texture & model in the game, so there's still things that can be improved.
CDPR have announced they themselves will update The Witcher 3 with a next-gen version in 2021, but that's expected to touch more on the lighting system of the game (which is impossible to really change by modders since we're talking engine-level improvements) and it is unknown if they will significantly improve models & textures, or if they do if it will be better than this mod (HDRP).

Last edited:
Round fruit = Next Gen

Jesus Christ...
IJfIL0Z6wUKBmCh6rjAD3JSQrOmvRj3RAT4KbF2om7BX47WzwisxPx7KAW_8c8hzpJB-c1_gfUBtKcQtFc71krxvQYvr8b7ANd2xofRG43Fp56SLH86mLjChF4yY_Qb2YeG6=w220-h220

Kenpachii

People laughing at this rework team are fucking pathethic.

This team is absolutely fantatstic in keeping the witcher 3 fresh and alive on the visual look. there mods are one of the best mods i ever saw. The fact they want to go further with this demonstration is absolutely fantastic.

They do such a good job that the art style isn't destroyed like most hd texture mods.

A few examples:

Original

1021-1600612135-1428471823.jpeg

Rework:

1021-1600612136-1388879255.jpeg

Original

1021-1600594037-1053927766.jpeg

rework

1021-1600594040-1623232433.jpeg

They basically did something like 5000 textures for the witcher 3 and even reshaped models to make them far more better looking and up to date. it makes a big difference from last gen blurry shit to actual looking acceptable in this day of age.

So yea.

Looks great, as per usual.

Without knowing the details of a possible partnership, I would think it's a great idea in principle. Some sort of a deal between CD Projekt RED and Halk Hogam would reward him for having invested possibly hundreds of hours of hard work into the game, extending its longevity far beyond that of the unmuddied title. Combining his reworked models and textures with raytracing and other next-gen improvements would sure make for an exciting experience or rediscovery.

Make it happen.
The guy deserves it.
And CDPR could use the good publicity.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
They're not, Saber Interactive is working on the update.
oh you sound like fun :messenger_weary:

it's an official version authorized by CDPR so what does it matter? the person making this mod is wasting their time.

Would rather have the raytracing features Cyperpunk has. Hopefully that's what the developer intends to add.
just wait for the official witcher 3 remaster? it's gonna be free for existing owners.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
oh you sound like fun :messenger_weary:

it's an official version authorized by CDPR so what does it matter?
Because lots of people, me included, are not fond of their Crysis Remastered.

the person making this mod is wasting their time.
They are not, they are letting the original version of this game shine without altering the look of the game. They are only doing good for lots of people and deserve nothing but respect.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lmao there is no fps difference whatsoever. You sound like a console coper.
fucking hell give me a break, everyone and their mother already commented that it does not affect fps.
I just think it's pointless.
Console coper? What does that even... I am 31, have pc's since I was 7. Recently got 3080. Is that enough? Am i legit now or do I need to prove that I am someone that You would like? wtf
I finished witcher 3. Graphics are not a problem

Braag

I'd be really surprised if CDPR went back and redid all the textures at a higher res (what Halk is doing in his mod here) for the next gen remaster. I feel like they will just slap couple of RT effects on it and call it a day.

Obviously I would love for them to redo the textures and the lighting. Would be cool if they fixed all the remaining small bugs as well, something that the modding community has done, but it's always better when it's offically released.

Vick

Gold Member
I'd be really surprised if CDPR went back and redid all the textures at a higher res (what Halk is doing in his mod here) for the next gen remaster. I feel like they will just slap couple of RT effects on it and call it a day.

Obviously I would love for them to redo the textures and the lighting. Would be cool if they fixed all the remaining small bugs as well, something that the modding community has done, but it's always better when it's offically released.
CDPR won't be even near the game, the Remaster is being handled by this company:

I have i feeling i'll still prefer the original modded, but let's hope for the best.

Rillania

Gold Member
Those upgrades look fantastic! I'm such a sucker for HD texture mods on small stuff like clutter. Really brings places and an atmosphere to life. Things like food and fruit looking like something the cat threw up on the carpet can really break immersion. This guy deserves a ton of props.

Halk continues to do the Lord's work - bless his generous and tireless soul. For all the people talking shit, you really have no idea. This man has been busting his ass on this mod for a few years now and the work he produces is very high quality and in many instances a huge improvement over the original.

Not bad, I'm sure CDPR or Saber could do a better job and even do more but as just a mod this is great.

Edit: Hope Saber fulfills the CDPR original vision graphically. Just let console owners mod the game if not.

Last edited:

drotahorror

fucking hell give me a break, everyone and their mother already commented that it does not affect fps.
I just think it's pointless.
Console coper? What does that even... I am 31, have pc's since I was 7. Recently got 3080. Is that enough? Am i legit now or do I need to prove that I am someone that You would like? wtf
I finished witcher 3. Graphics are not a problem

You think it's pointless that someone has a passion project to make a game look better than it already does? You think mods are pointless? You're pointless. Why you even come in the thread if you don't give a shit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You think it's pointless that someone has a passion project to make a game look better than it already does? You think mods are pointless? You're pointless. Why you even come in the thread if you don't give a shit.
I just think it's pointless with next gen patch incoming. I rarely mod games and usually prefer the vision of the developer.
But each to his own... Why would it be up to me to stop people from modding or whatever? Do whatever You like.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I just think it's pointless with next gen patch incoming. I rarely mod games and usually prefer the vision of the developer.
But each to his own... Why would it be up to me to stop people from modding or whatever? Do whatever You like.

This dude has been doing this HD rework for years man.

Hey ignore the next-gen patch/version as it's not made by the original developers. Gotta stay loyal to that original vision, yo. 😅😅😅

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
HDRP is undoubtedly an essential mod at this point. Can't wait for Halk's update. I really hope CDPR's next-gen patch doesn't break any of his work.

Man, stuff like this really makes me want to start a Witcher 3 PC modding thread.

Last edited:
I think it's pointless labeling a mod 'next gen' when all it is is make fruits round and slight improvement on textures.
It's impressive work but c'mon man there is nothing next gen about this mod.
I see the words 'next gen' and I immediately think huge graphics overhauls. Not round fruit and small texture bumps on carpets 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom