• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 is the first Switch game to use a 32gb card since launch

CyberPanda

Banned

D80PvRjUEAAAmIe.png

And:

The Witcher‏ @witchergame
540p handheld, 720p, with dynamic resolution enabled, on screen.

Reactions: TLZ

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
32GB? I think the game on PC is like 35-40GB. The game is running at 540-720p on stupid low settings. Surely they can cut back on some stuff. Lower the quality of audio too.

Larxia

32GB? I think the game on PC is like 35-40GB. The game is running at 540-720p on stupid low settings. Surely they can cut back on some stuff. Lower the quality of audio too.
I don't really think they needed to change the audio, they most probably lowered the textures size by a LOT since the switch can't render the full res textures anyway, and this alone must have saved ton of space.

CyberPanda

Banned
Yea the game looked really low graphically. I thought it might've come under 16gb.
They can only do so much with Switch HW, but for what the HW is it looks decent, but obviously not as good as the other versions. I'm just glad Switch players will get a chance to play this great game.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Probably won't buy it again after playing the PS4 version and DLCs for over 150 hours...but it'll be very interesting to see how this Switch version runs. It'll be a good Digital Foundry episode for sure!

SonGoku

That wasn't a confirmation of 32GB card, they could use 8GB and download the rest am i missing something?
540p handheld with dynamic resolution enabled
That's a yikes from me, Switch Pro cant come soon enough

Last edited:
The original version was around 68GB with all DLC and multiple language options, GOTY Edition was 40GB with multiple languages as a optional download instead. Switch version could have multiple language options by default. *shrugs*

That wasn't a confirmation of 32GB card, the could use 8GB and download the rest am i missing something?
It's confirmed it's all on cart.

Also games that don't include it all on cart have to do this (see bottom of box).
spyro-boxart-656x656.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom