• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Patch 1.10 Changelog

tbd

Funny, all those fixes since it came out and it was perfectly playable for me on day 1. Except for that one inventory bug that made the game crash but was fixed a few days later, this one was terrible.

How soon is soon though. Just reached Skellige for the first time after finishing the main quest in Novigrad. Was planning on playing tonight but I might just wait until the patch releases.

I haven't encountered any bad glitches so far. Two times the water glitched, the surface of the water was really weird but it fixed itself after a reload. And people with boxes walking funny.

Karl Hawk

Banned
How soon is soon though. Just reached Skellige for the first time after finishing the main quest in Novigrad. Was planning on playing tonight but I might just wait until the patch releases.

So far from what have been told in the official forums that it should be a few days before Hearts of Stone's release.

Funny, all those fixes since it came out and it was perfectly playable for me on day 1. Except for that one inventory bug that made the game crash but was fixed a few days later, this one was terrible.

In a lot of cases, these are the types of bug fixes that unofficial fan made patches end up needing to fix.

ugoo18

Searching for that fixed werewolf quest, can't remember what it's called again but it's the one where the werewolf, rock troll and godling hunt you.

● Fixes issue whereby peasants would walk incorrectly while carrying boxes.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Karl Hawk

Banned
Searching for that fixed werewolf quest, can't remember what it's called again but it's the one where the werewolf, rock troll and godling hunt you.

Skellige's Most Wanted. Last time I played that quest, I managed to complete it with no problems.

Karl Hawk

Banned
● Fixes issue whereby peasants would walk incorrectly while carrying boxes.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

R.I.P stuttering box guy. You were too beautiful for this world. ;_;

is this like some nod to windows 10, where is 1.09
This is 1.09. They changed it to 1.10 since it brings massive changes as a preparation for Hearts of Stone release.

HeelPower

Must be a nightmare to try to fix bugs on this game.

Infact,making this game probably drove a lot of people at CDP close to insanity!

KeRaSh

● Fixes rare infinite loading screen appearing upon loading of save made during Broken Flowers quest.

Ha! I had that happen to me a few days ago. Kept happening every time I loaded the closest autosave. Loading a previous save got me past that loading screen. Very weird.

My favorite ones:

● Crafting diagrams in merchant inventories now include item level information in addition to basic information about craftable item.
● Introduces modification whereby potions and bombs can no longer be sold.
● Introduces multiple improvements in gwent, including option to choose one of three difficulty levels. To set option, go to Options>Game.
● Introduces multiple game balance improvements in New Game + mode.
● Improves balance for Death March difficulty.
● Improves in­game information for Card Collector achievement ­ adds indicators to show missing cards.
● Fixes issue whereby hostile NPCs could cause Geralt to become locked in combat mode.
● Fixes issue whereby numerous treasure hunt map icons were missing from game map.
● Improves game performance throughout Swamps location in Velen.
● Improves game performance when bombs are used, especially with Cluster Bomb skill active.
● Improves game performance in areas with toxic clouds and when said clouds are ignited.
● Fixes multiple streaming delay issues with terrain, in­game community and foliage.
● Improves visibility of spawning on selected NPCs in Novigrad.
● Fixes visual stutter in animation of Roach (horse).

Notice too that the Heart of Stone expansion will increase the potion slots to four, that's a change isn't listed here.

And new screenshot for HoS

12052520_1645902212319985_8642667250700360618_o.jpg

Carn82

"Fixes holes visible from behind rock formation in cave containing Mastercrafted Cat School Armor diagram."

Finally!

/kidding.

Looking great so far. Haven't played the game yet; can't wait to sink in some time this winter :)

Dr Dogg

YESSSSSS

Took a while but glad that's been addressed as it was doing my nut in. Also had a chuckle that they had to say 'The horse not Vernon'.

scitek

LMAO at the fuckton of performance fix logs!

I'd be really happy if they indeed improve the performance significantly, because we have seen "performance" improvement claims so far in previous patches but the end results were not so great.

Also it's kinda bad that it took what? 3-4 months to fix these things? :(

At least the game was entirely playable while they did it. It's taken that long for WB to fix the PC version of Arkham Knight.

TitusTroy

I wonder if they're going to release an Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3...doesn't seem like it needs the Enhanced overhaul that the first 2 games needed but just like Peter Jackson can't resist releasing Extended Editions of his Middle Earth movies, CDPR might not be able to resist

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Hope it gets released before my copy arrives.

Werewolf just stands there howling for me after it's nearly dead and becomes immortal while slowly sinking into the ground.

There is a fix for this, it's a dll that someone posted on the GOG forums. You have to copy it to your Steam install. I did it on mine.

KingBroly

Banned
I wonder if they're going to release an Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3...doesn't seem like it needs the Enhanced overhaul that the first 2 games needed but just like Peter Jackson can't resist releasing Extended Editions of his Middle Earth movies, CDPR might not be able to resist

I dunno...some of the things that they're listing make me go 'why wasn't that in the main game?' assuming of course that they weren't always there. This patch seems pretty nuts, but I hope it's not as big as the 1.0.8 patch which was like 7 gigs.

Fixes issue whereby peasants would walk incorrectly while carrying boxes.
Thank God. My experience with The Witcher 3 was mostly fine, but the box carrying people were really immersion breaking. These characters would walk around raising their knees as much as possible, and it looked so weird.

Carn82

Also it's kinda bad that it took what? 3-4 months to fix these things? :(

It's not that long. I would say that they shouldve just delayed the game a bit more; but CPR is truly commited to get the game in the best state it can be. Many of the things they are fixing/improving arent 'showstoppers' for most 'regular folks'. Always keep in mind that many 'fixes' can also break things, so they need to find the right balance, and also put the whole thing through certification etc.

GeeTeeCee

● Fixes issue preventing players from completing the Soldier Statuette and Nobleman Statuette quests.

Hopefully that means you can still finish them, or at least get then out of your journal, after finishing the main story. It was pretty much just this and a fix for Skellige's Most Wanted I was hoping for (which I'm not seeing in the list...)

I've never been bothered by the "performance issues" on PS4, so I chose to complete the game before Metal Gear came out rather than wait for a few minor quest fixes, which I think was the best choice in hindsight. Can't wait for Hearts of Stone.

ymgve

Gwent difficulty options, what? How does that work? Would you get different rewards?

I assume it changes the pool of cards your opponent draws from. Also rewards would probably stay the same, after all you don't get rewarded/punished for picking harder/easier main game difficulties.

Sakura

Cool. I wonder what the framerate is like now on the PS4.
By the time I go back to this game it should be a much better experience than the first time around.

Jacob4815

Most Wanted man In Skellige.
I can't find that in the changelog...

That quest is my ONLY major issue...

Nerokis

I especially like this one.

Ooo, I missed that one. Nice change for sure. Going to save a lot of trips through the settings.

I think it was decided the game is not double buffered... but rather the going down to 20fps is some other thing.

Wait, really? I thought the PS4 version being double buffered was just something people took for granted at this point.

Fixes issue where buffs from consumption of food items were not cumulative.

I am so glad about this one, I hated having to eat a load of different kinds of food to heal because they wouldn't stack if they were the same kind.

MaLDo

YESSSSSS

Ok, I finally will start to play the game.

I really want to know what was the problem.

erawsd

Yeah, it seems like that is pretty much what they're already doing. The Enhanced Editions were largely responses to fan feedback and these patches all seem to be addressing that stuff already.

roytheone

● Adds missing interaction to locked chest in minor quest titled The Price of Honor.

Good good, it may be a minor thing, but I didn't wanted to complete this quest without this optional objective.

jesu

There was only one quest I couldn't finish, can't remember the name of it now.
Was about finding someones remains and the ghost lamp.
Must be in there somewhere.

Top Bottom