• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Abylim

I was worried about how it would look, and it looks great.

Not PC ultra settings great, but not horrible.

I just worried because they have, like, never shown ps4 footage, and thats usually a bad sign.

swx

cant wait

aP9m9ya.gif

Kinthalis

Banned
Youtube compresison makes comparison pretty much impossible. You can't see the quality of AF or AA in this. It's just not possible. It looks like grass and object pop in is pretty noticeable... But it could also be the horrible compression.

However, It doesn't look like the horror show some people were worried about in the other thread, no frame rate hiccups.

Aggressive screen tearing in the upper half of the screen when on the horse. Oh well, it'll run better on my PS4 than on my PC anyhow!

Youtube compresison makes comparison pretty much impossible. It looks like grass pop in is pretty noticeable though. But it could also be the horrible compression.

It doesn't look like the horror show some people were worried about in the other thread.

Why would Youtube compression cause pop in?
To me the pop in didn't seem to be more prominent than in other footage we've seen so far.

Youtube compresison makes comparison pretty much impossible. It looks like grass pop in is pretty noticeable though. But it could also be the horrible compression.

It doesn't look like the horror show some people were worried about in the other thread.

Some people forget how good The Witcher 2 looked on 360, relatively speaking. Even though this game is open world, I think a lot of people underestimate what a good current gen only baseline + great developer record can do for the visuals of a game.

These consoles aren't super powerful but they're not slouches either. Just look at what PS3 and 360 were doing 7 years into their life. Gamers are (understandably) overly cynical these days.

only weird thing i noticed when he walks past a tree or bush it dissapears before leaving the camera.

maybe that was just me though

only weird thing i noticed when he walks past a tree or bush it dissapears before leaving the camera.

maybe that was just me though

Yeah, I bought this up yesterday. I can understand it happening when things obstruct the players view, especially when in combat, but it seems to also happen with objects at the bottom edge of the screen that aren't blocking the camera. I would have preferred it if they disappeared just after going out of the frame, but it's no big deal really.

Here another ps4 gameplay footage from poland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dvkGwwny0

Weird, it doesn't seem to be happening here at the start when he's just riding along on his horse. Nor when he first enters the forest. I'm thinking it only happens when you enter combat. That's great if so.

Also, was that a child playing in a puddle?

Alienous

It will always be white. When he mutated into witcher his hair turned white.

I suppose so. Remembering the previous game it seemed silver to me, where in this it hit me as stark white. I thought it might be a material/shader thing.

nothingtoseehere.gif I suppose.

ogbg

Popin definitely seems worse but that's never something that really bothers me too much anyway. Is the grass less dense too maybe?

Javin98

Banned
Great! I've been waiting on this forever. Will watch and comment later. Hopefully we get a HQ version soon.

Top Bottom