• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Ridesh

Banned
It's real

KUFYcrU.jpg

98eNNG8.jpg

spanish or latin american?

BraXzy

I can't decide whether to get the PC version or the PS4 version. I might wait for comparison vids before I make my final choice, I'm fussy like that :L

My PC has a GTX 670 and an i7 3770k so it will run okay, but for something 100+ hours long I kind of want to be able to play it in bed idk. Decisions decisions.

Anyone? :3

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why not? Glad there are no handholding features like this.

That's BS. A game saving your progress regularly so you don't have to redo shit isn't "handholding". Is Souls/BB handholdy because it constantly saves every little thing you do (thus preventing do-overs when you fuck up)?

TW3 not auto-saving what you do beyond completing quests and such is bad design.

For me it is just as bad as save scumming and takes a way a lot of the risk of exploring new places. It adds a layer of frustration, certainly, but it also encourages the player to adapt his playstyle and be more cautious for the dangers of the world. As it should be.

What? You're not making any sense. Constant auto-saving means that if you decide to enter a place you maybe shouldn't have, you're stuck with that decision. Manual saves mean you can just save before entering the cave or whatever, and then reload that save if things go badly, basically the reverse of what you're saying.

Kinthalis

Banned
Anyone? :3

Playing in bed? How do you plan on doing that?

On PC, you'll be getting slightly better performance than a PS4.

You can play in bed if you get an Nvidia shield (the last model is going for cheap in sales) or a laptop to stream the game to. If you have a Tv in your bedroom(you shouldn't, experts agree it's bad for your sleeping habits ;) ), you can hook up that streaming lappy to your TV, or the PC directly to the TV...

bombshell

You can play in bed if you get an Nvidia shield (the last model is going for cheap in sales) or a laptop to stream the game to. If you have a Tv in your bedroom(you shouldn't, experts agree it's bad for your sleeping habits ;) ), you can hook up that streaming lappy to your TV, or the PC directly to the TV...

Remote play on Vita.

I believe he's referring to playing on PS4, which would mean using his Vita to play from bed.

I'm curious how the controls are set up for that, as I found playing DA:I from bed to be a huge pain since the main attack buttons were mapped to the back touchscreen.

Tovarisc

What are the physical stuff we get with the game again?

And whats the 16 free dlc?

Small booklet that tells you about Geralt and his past, about his friends and loved ones, about world etc.

OST which is 31 tracks long

Map of the world

Manual of some sorts, PC one actually has pages in it

Game disc(s)

From 16 DLC packs we know 4. Horse armor, beard & hair package, alternative look for Yennefer and quest. Release date is TBD.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Small booklet that tells you about Geralt and his past, about his friends and loved ones, about world etc.

OST which is 31 tracks long

Map of the world

Manual of some sorts, PC one actually has pages in it

Game disc(s)

From 16 DLC packs we know 4. Horse armor, beard & hair package, alternative look for Yennefer and quest. Release date is TBD.
That's amazing, thanks

So, let me ask you this, since you're already stealing stuff lol.

Are stolen objects flagged as such and can only be sold to certain merchants (fence) or you can sell them to anyone?

It always seemed unrealistic to me that merchants would know or even care if an item was stolen or not in the ye olden days lol.

nope. thankfully no TES-style bullshit with stolen items. but there's a big difference. In TES every piece of interier is a real item - brooms, plates and silverware. Here it's more like MMOs, NVN and other games - all misc items are not pickable by player. I suppose it's good so Geralt doesn't run around stealing brooms and selling them at a high price to some shady vendor

Kamina

Golden Boy
nope. thankfully no TES-style bullshit with stolen items. but there's a big difference. In TES every piece of interier is a real item - brooms, plates and silverware. Here it's more like MMOs, NVN and other games - all misc items are not pickable by player. I suppose it's good so Geralt doesn't run around stealing brooms and selling them at a high price to some shady vendor
For some reason it had to laugh really hard at that.
God I love TES

Dargor

Yeah, thats also a plus in my book. Always hated when I would enter a store or house and pick something up by mistake and be branded a thief, that stuff was annoying.

So is all good news for me :D.

JP

To everyone who is getting an error on PS4,here is a fix: Go to the PS Store and download a demo that is not in your library. Now go back to your library and hit download on Witcher 3, should work now.
Thanks, that's the same fix as the recent EU Plus issues. They're going to have to start adding new demoes just so people can download what they've bought.

If it is the same as the EU Plus issue, it doesn't have to be a demo, you just have to "buy" something that's free for it to work. I say this just incase people have already tried all the demoes, unlikely but it might happen.

Claptrap

I have read a couple of times that the loading times seems to be up to 40 seconds on PS4, in the stream im watching the loading times are pretty quick, between 5 and 10 seconds.
So I guess the patch has improved loading times a lot.

I have read a couple of times that the loading times seems to be up to 40 seconds on PS4, in the stream im watching the loading times are pretty quick, between 5 and 10 seconds.
So I guess the patch has improved loading times a lot.
People specified for deaths. Maybe reloading is more taxing I don't know lol

Top Bottom