• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 vs. Bloodborne

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• The Witcher 3

Votes: 458 51.1%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 438 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

ErRyKFs.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hardest one yet... I gotta go with Bloodborne, but just barely.

If The Witcher 3's combat was just even a tiny bit better it would have had the edge. But yeah, Bloodborne for me.

Here's hoping for 60 FPS on PS5.

Tschumi

Big showdown.

Witcher 3 is a giant, towering masterpiece of a game. It is huge in scale, ambition, dramatic values, it set new standards for visual beauty in games, storytelling, detail... It is without a doubt the game that most comprehensively blew my mind this generation. I played the whole thing through on walk just to soak up the atmosphere and art direction. It is flawless. Ageing slightly towards the end of the generation, that doesn't detract from how good - indeed unprecedented - it was when it came out. It's fashionable to chew out it's combat, but I think that's just typical follow-the-leader contrarianism. Bloodbourne enjoys huge props and doubtless deserves them, but to my mind a difficult horror game doesn't stand up in comparison to an all-time epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paltheos

Damn, I can't vote in this one since I haven't played Witcher 3 (and so can't see the results). Based off the posts it seems... Bloodborne's winning? Kinda hope it does so I can vote in the finals lol

Man I still remember The Pope Awards that year. Gun to my head, I'm still picking The Witcher 3 and not because I can find anything substantial to complain about Bloodborne. Both are generation defining masterpieces.

Big showdown.

Witcher 3 is a giant, towering masterpiece of a game. It is huge in scale, ambition, dramatic values, it set new standards for visual beauty in games, storytelling, detail... It is without a doubt the game that most comprehensively blew my mind this generation. I played the whole thing through on walk just to soak up the atmosphere and art direction. It is flawless. Ageing slightly towards the end of the generation, that doesn't detract from how good - indeed unprecedented - it was when it came out. It's fashionable to chew out it's combat, but I think that's just typical follow-the-leader contrarianism. Bloodbourne enjoys huge props and doubtless deserves them, but to my mind a difficult horror game doesn't stand up in comparison to an all-time epic.

And this is what's wrong with the favoring story over gameplay thing.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Witcher 3 120fps buttery treat..
And this is what's wrong with the favoring story over gameplay thing.
But even for purists, anytime I hear them say Bloodborne's combat is better.... it's 30 fps.....It's not exactly winning awards itself. Witcher 3 is at least buttery smooth on modest hardware.

Bloodborne is gonna be fucking magic when they release a PS5 patch or PC release. Hopefully both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom