• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Next Gen Upgrade coming second half of 2021

Oct 4, 2013
USA or Japan
www.thunderboltgames.com
Me on July 1:

• Strength
Reactions: Gp1
Sep 22, 2020
The framerate mode from the Xbox One version is actually really nice on XSX - looks to hold 60fps 99% of the time and while it has DRS toggling between the two modes doesn't look any different at least in the places I've tried it so it must be close to 4k or much closer than the X1X version at least.

Sentenza

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly I'm not expecting from this MUCH more than what "hi-res texture mods" can already more or less achieve.
Maybe some additional eye candy from added RT at a hefty price in terms of performances, too, but "nothing too impressive" would be my prediction.

And I expect exactly zero gameplay/systems revamps.

In other words I'm not exactly dying of anticipation to play this upgraded version on PC.

Last edited:

JerryinSoCal

Apr 11, 2020
Yeah the lightning could use some work, but really it appears so rarely I'd rather they spend resources on something else.
The lightning and the rain need to be improved for sure, another thing I'd love for them to do but I doubt will happen is improve the way enemies react when AARD is cast, it's like it takes them a second to load in the impact instead of just rag dolling right away and when you knock one off a horse or something it's pathetic how poorly it looks when they fall off.

BootsLoader

Nov 21, 2018
To be honest I prefer to pay 30€ for a good and well polished fully next gen upgrade. I still remember the VGA trailer.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I'm hoping they do an available now for free announcement around E3. They could certainly use the good press.

Harry Tung

Jun 1, 2018
Sweden
Nice with a free upgrade. Haven't played through the entirety of Blood & Wine yet, got bored halfway through (not because it was bad, but was a bit burned out on the main game due to platinum and ng+). Looking forward replaying it with a fresh coat of paint.

Denton

Mar 11, 2014
Hope is healthy.

But so is being realistic. But then if people were realistic the ridiculous waves of hype that are so common in the gaming industry wouldn't happen as frequently as they do.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than often disappointed, but that's just me.
The "game is dead" is the same idiocy I see on twitter by the mouthbreathing morons under every CDP post

And it is a total idiocy, because we know for a fact that CDP are working on nextgen versions, expansions and extra content

Besides that, I spent 160 hours in the PC version and it was easily my GOTY last year, despite its shortcomings. I hate how some morons act like the whole game is worthless, completely ignoring the stunningly realized city and its atmosphere, some fantastic characters, quests and writing in general as well as really fun gunplay..

but it's all worthless apparently, because pedestrians are dumb and cops spawn too close and there was a levitating cigarette in japantown

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

Oct 30, 2020
Let's see what that update entails hope is something substantial.

But honestly I think it will be the PC version back ported to consoles.

Flabagast

Feb 24, 2021
Let's see what that update entails hope is something substantial.

But honestly I think it will be the PC version back ported to consoles.
They will release the next gen version on PC as well though, and we know it will use some kind of ray tracing as well.