• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Next Gen Upgrade coming second half of 2021

DonJorginho

Banned
Coming straight from the PR Manager of CDPR himself, time to get ready to return to The Continent my fellow Witchers!

This is a free update for all platforms!

Description of this update from CDPR:
Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Important to state that this is being developed by Saber Interactive and not CDPR themselves, Saber are responsible for The Witcher 3 Switch port, World War Z and Snowrunner.

ZhXn2z.jpg

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.
so its a new edition of the game rather than a patch like upgrade , i guess i will have to stop my playthrough of the GOG version and wait for this instead

DonJorginho

Banned
so its a new edition of the game rather than a patch like upgrade , i guess i will have to stop my playthrough of the GOG version and wait for this instead

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

8bitpill

It's been over five years since the last multiple plays of. I've been wanting to jump back in especially since I only had two trophies left to get that platinum which were the cross bow head shot and missing one gwent event.

If they made the combat have more weight and slowed down the twirling then this would be a great step forward.

The game was clearly designed for mouse / keyboard control like W1 & W2 and gamepads were an after thought.

Mozzarella

They should have made another Witcher game over Cyberpunk. Should have been a prequel with original characters.
Bad idea. I dont want them to be a OTP developer, to me thats worse than trying something new and failing. I wish that after Cyberpunk 2077 they can acquire the IP of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 and do an RPG based on WoD lore. I think this type of setting suits CDPR really well and they can nail it. NO OPEN WORLD.

If people are desperate for Witcher content, then some DLC for Witcher 2 would be good or Witcher 1 total remake.
If they made the combat have more weight and slowed down the twirling then this would be a great step forward.

The game was clearly designed for mouse / keyboard control like W1 & W2 and gamepads were an after thought.
I played the game on both PS4 and Super PC. The game runs better and plays better on PC, but the combat is harder on PC for me. You have to click more buttons and its weird. On the PS4 controller i found the combat easier and more simple to execute, it feels that every 3rd action combat plays better with a Controller. Same with Sekiro, I tried to play it with M+K but couldnt feel comfortable. The movement is awkward with mouse. However Parry with mouse is super easy. So i switched back to my controller.
For every 3rd person action combat the ideal way to play is on good PC for good performance + Controller. With FPS M+K are superior. IMO

Last edited:
This is awesome fucking news. I started this game last year on PS4 Pro and it ruled. Only made it to the quest with the ghost baby. Looking forward to doing a full playthrough on PS5.

Ellery

Awesome. One of the top 10 games of the last decade. I definitely could see myself playing it again, maybe on PS5 even, but it all depends on the work they put in.

Jon Neu

Banned
2nd half? 1 year of waiting for probably poor Ray Tracing and 60fps which is already achievable without patches. LOL

1 year? You know we are virtually in April, do you?

Also, what's with people being so bitter and miserable about a free graphical upgrade for next gen?

We gamers are a bunch of entitled cunts sometimes.

Man, its really going to be a long time before I need to actually buy a new game for my PS5. Glad I was such a lazy gamer last generation. These upgrades are working magic on my digital backlog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom