• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Next Gen Upgrade coming second half of 2021

Banned
why not, in the meantime, simply release a quick hotfix that allows you to unlock the framerate in resolution mode?... also THIS OPTION SHOULD FROM NOW ON BE IN EVERY GAME!

DustQueen

Banned
It basically means Saber got bout a year to work on it(giving they started around september when Next gen version was confirmed officially.
So I expect it to reflect that

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I abandoned this game after I was stuck on a particular quest where I felt way underpowered.

Might pick it up again once it’s nice 60fps.

base

Banned
1 year? You know we are virtually in April, do you?

Also, what's with people being so bitter and miserable about a free graphical upgrade for next gen?

We gamers are a bunch of entitled cunts sometimes.
It's been announced September 2020...

Kumomeme

not really interested with all this visual updates. hope they can take chance to fix or improve the unresponsive and janky combat. but nahh....probably never happened.

Barakov

Gold Member
I CIRIuosly hope it looks better.

Elon Musk Bitcoin GIF by haydiroket

Dibils2k

since its taking so long i hope its a drastic upgrade and not just 4k/60..

i would love things like better foilage, closer to what was shown in reveal "gameplay"

bender

What time is it?
Meanwhile Cyberpunk 2077 is quite the opposite

Rushed + targeting consoles they probably shouldn't have +overconfidence in their open world chops + COVID. It will be interesting to see when the good will they've built up with Witcher 3 has been exhausted by 2077.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Cool that's free but I was kind of expecting this by now. Barely played the witcher, been waiting for this patch.......

Last edited:

Yoda

Would be cool if they could re-do the lighting to look like the bullshots we saw a few years prior to launch.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Anyone else hoping they include the blue stripes tattoo for geralt for console players

Because from my point of view the priority right now is to support a new game, not one that has been out for six years, they can do both, surely you are right, but at different times.
How many will play it for the third time?
Maybe me, and I'm happy, but for now I haven't bought Cyberpunk yet because I want to play the best possible version on console.
How long do they want to keep us waiting?

OrionNebula

I never actually played this game. I also bought PS5. Should i wait for PS5 release?
It’s been out like for 6 years. Fairly certain you can wait a few more months

On Topic : let’s see that next gen upgrade. I’m sure they won’t want to fuck this one up

scydrex

Maybe the upgrade will be half of the graphic they showed in the E3 release? From what they said it will be more than res and fps.

Faithless83

Banned
Why is the wait for these next gen updates so long?
It's not a slider that you move up, unless it's just unlocked framerate/resolution, even that is engine dependent (like the bloodborne framerate mod had to account for a lot of things).
Textures, effects, lightning, etc is being reworked with the new hardware in mind.

fatmarco

Give us the higher resolution grass plus real me shadows or screen space shadows for said grass and you'll instantly get a massive visual improvement.

It's the biggest issue with the current console versions.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i played this properly for the first time not that long ago and have just got to the Blood & Wine expansion and have decided to park it for the next gen release, i gotta say i absolutely fucking loved every minute of it, such a brilliant game and its a bloody nitemare having to stop playing it so i hope this wait is gonna be worth it

Freeman76

Why would you want current version of the shitfest that is Cyberpunk rather then current version of one of the best games in recent years?

Even if there was zero bugs in CP it would still remain about 3 years from being complete.
Cyberpunk will be just as good a game as Witcher 3 when the bugs are ironed out. Have you actually played it?

GHG

Gold Member
He's actually full of shit, so you're ok

Hope is healthy.

But so is being realistic. But then if people were realistic the ridiculous waves of hype that are so common in the gaming industry wouldn't happen as frequently as they do.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than often disappointed, but that's just me.

b0uncyfr0

No thanks, ive played it. Ive moved on. CDPR has some fucking nerve.
You think if CDPR didnt bomb, they'd be doing this..?

My third favourite game last generation, I absolutely loved it. I'm no expert but would it be possible to upgrade the animation in the game or is that impossible? As I feel that's one area where its aged more than other areas.

scalman

so next gen they mean 4k/60fps ? whats next geny about it anyway? all now shouting about next gen as some miracle to add res and fps ... i mean .. rly ?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I thought this thread was bumped cause we had actual news or a comparison of some kind.

I'm waiting for this version to finally play it.

I can’t believe the last I played it was July 2016. Where has time gone! I remember it was just after the Blood & Wine expansion came out. I don’t think I even got to do all the quests in it cause there were some bugs stopping them.

i’ve been wanting to replay it but waiting for this update to come before starting.

so next gen they mean 4k/60fps ? whats next geny about it anyway? all now shouting about next gen as some miracle to add res and fps ... i mean .. rly ?
It’s getting improved textures and raytracing. Thats all we know so far
No thanks, ive played it. Ive moved on. CDPR has some fucking nerve.
You think if CDPR didnt bomb, they'd be doing this..?
this was announced before cyberpunk came out but nice try. nobody is forcing you to play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom