• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Next Gen Upgrade coming second half of 2021

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Me on July 1:

giphy.gif

The framerate mode from the Xbox One version is actually really nice on XSX - looks to hold 60fps 99% of the time and while it has DRS toggling between the two modes doesn't look any different at least in the places I've tried it so it must be close to 4k or much closer than the X1X version at least.

Sentenza

Honestly I'm not expecting from this MUCH more than what "hi-res texture mods" can already more or less achieve.
Maybe some additional eye candy from added RT at a hefty price in terms of performances, too, but "nothing too impressive" would be my prediction.

And I expect exactly zero gameplay/systems revamps.

In other words I'm not exactly dying of anticipation to play this upgraded version on PC.

Last edited:
Yeah the lightning could use some work, but really it appears so rarely I'd rather they spend resources on something else.
gU4ExdU.jpg
The lightning and the rain need to be improved for sure, another thing I'd love for them to do but I doubt will happen is improve the way enemies react when AARD is cast, it's like it takes them a second to load in the impact instead of just rag dolling right away and when you knock one off a horse or something it's pathetic how poorly it looks when they fall off.

Mr Hyde

Nice with a free upgrade. Haven't played through the entirety of Blood & Wine yet, got bored halfway through (not because it was bad, but was a bit burned out on the main game due to platinum and ng+). Looking forward replaying it with a fresh coat of paint.

Denton

Hope is healthy.

But so is being realistic. But then if people were realistic the ridiculous waves of hype that are so common in the gaming industry wouldn't happen as frequently as they do.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than often disappointed, but that's just me.
The "game is dead" is the same idiocy I see on twitter by the mouthbreathing morons under every CDP post

And it is a total idiocy, because we know for a fact that CDP are working on nextgen versions, expansions and extra content

Besides that, I spent 160 hours in the PC version and it was easily my GOTY last year, despite its shortcomings. I hate how some morons act like the whole game is worthless, completely ignoring the stunningly realized city and its atmosphere, some fantastic characters, quests and writing in general as well as really fun gunplay..

but it's all worthless apparently, because pedestrians are dumb and cops spawn too close and there was a levitating cigarette in japantown

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

Let's see what that update entails hope is something substantial.

But honestly I think it will be the PC version back ported to consoles.

Cyberpunkd

Even if I didn’t sell my console - don’t know if I have it in me to go through it for the 4th time. Ideally I would do it with my kids in 15 years starting from the Witcher 1.

GinSama

I assume we gonna have some news tomorrow during the witchercon?
Hope we gonna have some trailer or something.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
CDPR has made it clear that there will not be any new game announcements tomorrow. Whether that includes this game is anyone’s guess.

I hope it gets shown and given a date.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I am not sure saves will be transferable. It was not possible between Witcher 3 and witcher 3 goty edition

That would suck. I've finished the main game, but haven't played the DLCs. I was gonna do that in the next-gen version, but I'm not that excited about playing up to that point again (I'm assuming you can't just start the DLCs from the main menu or whatever).

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I only played like an hour total, very much looking foreward to this. Hopefully it releases soon......

Blond

Banned
That would suck. I've finished the main game, but haven't played the DLCs. I was gonna do that in the next-gen version, but I'm not that excited about playing up to that point again (I'm assuming you can't just start the DLCs from the main menu or whatever).
You can on the GOTY

Been waiting for this forever so I can finish my playthrough. Playing the free upgrade to Greedfall while I wait.
i play all my games slow....i pretty much hit every question mark and icon and enjoy it...open world done right. I got it the day it released on pc and all these years later i made it to...skellige. Then when this was announced i stopped playing cus i wanted to see what the upgrade was gonna be first.

I'll be playing it for the first time on PS5. I bought the complete edition 5 years ago on psn, but knew it ran like ass. I thought I'd eventually get a Pro, but this is even better.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm holding off on playing blood and wine for the next gen, tried to hold of playing the main game but ended up giving in and absolutely loving it, what a game.. killing me this wait ffs

Mr Hyde

I have the original physical release.

You can play the DLC expansions straight from the menu in this edition too. You get a pre-created character with gear roughly in the same level as you would be if playing the game normally up to the where the expansions get available.

GinSama

does not make a lot of sense since the artwork of the Witchercon contains the artwork of the games (Geralt of w3) and the series….

If no talk about an old game, then what??🤔

Btw started a new save game a couple of days ago. Hope the upgrade comes very soon.

Top Bottom