• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

daninthemix

Welp, finished the main quest. Finished all side quests except Gwent and racing ones. Finished all Witcher contracts.

Fantastic game, probably spent at least 100 hours on it, but have no desire to ever go back. One and done for me.

It's greatest asset is the writing and voice acting. No matter how trivial or tertiary, every conversation was listenable and believable, which is not something you can say about many videogames.

Downsides were the general jank and finnicketyness of both traversal and combat. Neither were terrible, but neither were great either.

Well, I finished the game last night and i came away disappointed in the story..

The ending was
one of the funniest and most dumb founded things I have experienced in a while. You go through this 130 hour journey and you're left with the north won, you're in a tub with Yennifer, Ciri is a witcher" bit. Arbitrary is on point. I couldn't believe it. The journey was amazing. the farewell to Geralt was anything but.

DToneli

Neo Member
Just finished the Now or Never questline
and Triss left, will I not be able to see her again or ask her for help in the Battle for Kaee Morhen?

Coreda

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Where's Roach again?

Roach is the confused, gymbro magic horse.

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt |OT3| Ploughin' her Gwently seems the favorite. May be a little awkward with Ciri in the OT3 header if it does get used :p People do like Gwent puns :)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Maybe I'm still in Act 1, maybe not, maybe go fuck yourself.

:lol Actually it could be changed to:

The Witcher 3 |OT3| Maybe I'm still in Act 1, maybe not, maybe go plough yourself

and it would fit.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone do The Price of Honor quest in Skellige where when going to open up the locked treasure chest, it won't open despite you having the key? I know that I don't need to open the chest to complete the quest but I have the guide and know what's in it and what it means to the person who I started the quest for.

Yeah, I know, it's just a game but I feel bad and want to complete the quest with a slight positive at the end instead of it being all negative.

If anyone else is having this bug/glitch, let me know. Thanks. I'm playing on PS4, version 1.04.

Sai

So, has anyone been begging CDPR or Marcin Przybyłowicz for a volume 2 of the soundtrack? Audio rips from the fans just ain't enough. :p

For the Battle of
Kaer Morhen
, is it possible to
recruit Foran and Vigi from Skellige? I saved both of those fools from certain death, so I reckon they owe me, and they both seem pretty handy in a fight.

Faenix1

Been playing on and off (Only get a few hours a day) but I've pretty much done everything until getting "locked in" to either girl. Still can't decide which way to go.

How did you guys choose? lol

Also gwent wise this game needs two things.
-Some sort of Catalog, so you know what you have easier
-An easy way to tell which shop/blacksmiths you haven't played yet.

Trying to get the Zoltan card, that I missed early game and can apparently be gotten randomly, is a giant pain in the butt.

phaze

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Now or Never, Go To Skellige

Well, I finished the game last night and i came away disappointed in the story. I wonder if the game would have been better if you played as Ciri for the first act instead of the Witcher wandering around doing favors for info and playing story catch-up for so long. I was much more interested in the Nilfgardian war than the Wild Hunt, and the game basically ignores the entire war until the ending narration apart from a handful of side-quests. I didn't feel like i was making any choices of importance and instead was a just a follower in this game.

Some spoiler territory:

And regarding things with the Baron quest, after all that you never see him again even though you helped him. Nothing happens with Crow's Perch basically, or all of Velen, no huge fights in the middleground , no one tries to move in on Crows without the Baron there anymore. The world is almost completely static outside of searching for Ciri, as if time is frozen and all that happens is Ciri hunting. It's just pathetic, same with the sidequest to murder Radovid, accomplish it and all that happens is some narration at the ending to summarize the end result. Then you have Triss/Yennefer scenario of a big nothing, I ended up with Triss after the game ended but her character was ignored for almost the entirety after you're done with relationship sidequest, she doesn't even have a thing to say to you after that, not to mention she told you she'd be in Kaer Morhen and then she's not there and if you read the Glossary it says Yennefer invited her to Kaer and that's why she is there. Even in the context of the actual story it can't keep things straight, like it not remembering i gave Keira those journal papers and it said she had to get them from Lambert.

The game just seemed messy, CD Project nailed the world and having a lot of interesting quests, but i don't think the overall story came together at all. When it ended i felt bummed, even though i got a "good" ending which i agree with the above posters, it really felt arbitrary.

I quite agree about the story, for the 2/3 of it you're an errand boy in quests that are barely connected to the main plot. Even after that, Wild Hunt turn out to be terrible antagonists with almost literally 10 dialogue lines between them. The post-last battle sequence is completely bizarre w
ith Ciri dumping you (in an accompaniment of meteorites and apocalyptic scenery no less, to somehow "battle" the White Frost
. I enjoyed a lot of the from the story, they did great with Geralt-Ciri interactions, the dialogue and characters you meet are some of the best I've seen but the main narrative is poor. And the gimmick of collecting allies is just cheesy and completely illogical and unbelievable given the lore. Not a fan of how they decide the endings either. I liked the bits of political plot but they made Radovid&
Dijkstra
act completely dumb and out of character.

Also agreed on non-reactiveness of the world. You kill some
high ranking inquisition guy
but you never hear anything about it on the streets, same with
Radovid

Coreda

Really like this title:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies

Great pun, not Gwent for the third time (not the that's a bad thing), and includes Ploughing ;) Also feels a bit more appropriate for the new header. If anyone thinks otherwise though post soon, as the OT3 will be going up.

emag

So, yesterday I finished Act II and now I'm about to do Act III (level 30 now). I'm honestly surprised with how Act II ended. It's great (Act II spoiler, so don't even think about clicking it if you haven't finished it)
and heartbreaking, I really liked Vesemir and I think CD Red did a phenomenal job with the writing

I was surprised as well, but for a different reason.
Vesemir had dead father-figure cliche written all over him from the first scene of the game -- I was surprised he made it through the introductory sequence alive, as I thought he'd get stabbed in the back/sacrifice himself for Geralt in the inn or griffin battle. Makes more sense for it to happen in front of Ciri, though.

So just finished the story... Got one of the "Good" endings but apparently not the "Best Ending"

ENDING SPOILERS:

So just finished up the main quest. Damn, what a ride. Got the ending where Ciri decides to become a Witcher, Temeria is restored (Kinda) because fuck Radovid, Skellige prospers under Cerys and Geralt goes to Kovir with Triss because my Geralt is whipped as fuck and will do anything Goddess Triss tells him too.

I think I missed the "best" ending because I never took Ciri to see the Emperor in Vizima because I thought going straight to Velen WAS the good choice because it's what Ciri wanted. Well, going to play it again so there's always next time.

I do have to say, when Geralt said Ciri was dead I damn near had a heart attack, didn't think it was a ruse until I got that sword from Master Ort and saw it had no stats, thought that was weird. Then as soon I saw the hooded person at the inn I was very relieved.

Def a Top 3 game of all time for me.

Also, I finished the entire game without winning a single game of Gwent because I suck.

Mr Git

I was doing a crossword at work today and one clue was 'card game' - 5 letters and my brain instantly went, "Gwent!" before immediately remembering I was in the real world.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3 |I hope I finish this game before the next OT is over.

No chance. 87 hours in, about to bust
Dandelion out of captivity
and still have a TON to do in Velen with some unexplored stuff in Novigrad as well.

Haven't even touched Skellige yet.

Pretty content with the game, doubt I'll be buying anything else on PC until September when MGSV hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom