• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt trailer - 1080p HQ version

Acheteedo

The IQ is nasty, looks like the same sharpening filter they've been using on their images lately. Smoothen it up CDPR!

Gbraga

The fur tech is amazing, but I can live without that, I can also live with SMAA or FXAA, but 30fps is too much, so I hope I can have it looking good while running at 60fps. I could upgrade to Maxwell in order to achieve optimal results, but I think that waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 before upgrading is what I should do.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok!

Still waiting for some real gameplay...
So you think what we're seeing there is fake gameplay? A lot of what's in the trailer isn't cut scene stuff. I mean, its understandable if you're coming from the Xbox360 and have never seen that PC gaming can actually look this good or maybe if you just have a very different meaning in mind when you say 'real gameplay' that you're just annoyingly not going to tell me. :p

I'm guessing that if you can run The Witcher 2 with a high framerate (high considering max settings @1080p would be ~40-60 in my book) you'll probably run The Witcher 3 just fine with high settings and probably a mix of that and max. I know my 660 Ti serves me extremely well. It runs BF3 maxed out @ 60fps and 1080p and BF4 with a mixture of high and ultra while retaining the same framerate as in BF3. Such a waste of money to keep upgrading every year just for a couple of new games. Let your great cards use some of it's potential! Sure. You'll need to find a great bang-for-the-buck card. Having to constantly upgrade and spend more time trying to fix a lot of games than you're actually playing them really makes PC-gaming the inferior race. Say what you want, but you know it's true.

By the way. Wasn't it said that PS4 would support Nvidia's advanced PHYSX features?
It is indeed optimized to run on Nvidia's tech, but it's still software which is more than possible to run on AMD. Have they compromised and written something for the PS4 just to get some licensing fees? Cause I'm sure I read something about it at the time when Knack was first shown. Even though that game might not use it.

brobban

l16aa.gif

Come on Rockstar, bring on a new Red Dead game!

I wonder if they will show off the console versions somewhere down the line. I don't doubt that it will look great, but still I would like to know what we are in for.

boskee

Some people were worried about the "Multi region open world" part. The polish trailer has a different wording: "Wide (extensive) open world"

Some people were worried about the "Multi region open world" part. The polish trailer has a different wording: "Wide (extensive) open world"

Yeah, multi-region open world is just referring to the fact that the regions/lands (No Man's Land, Skellige, Novigrad) in the game are distinguishable by a unique feel inspired by different sources and cultural references. The world itself is continuous.

Endo Punk

Don't need to see anymore trailers or gifs I am already convinced and will purchase day 1, on PS4. Never played the earlier games so may get lost with story but almost certainly will love exploring the world. Funny thing is Witcher 2 didn't capture my attention with its gameplay/world unlike what Ive seen with this one, lol.

The release window, when can we realistically expect it?

2014. They refuse to say anything else.

Man I would love for it to come out by Q2 2014.

Don't need to see anymore trailers or gifs I am already convinced and will purchase day 1, on PS4. Never played the earlier games so may get lost with story but almost certainly will love exploring the world. Funny thing is Witcher 2 didn't capture my attention with its gameplay/world unlike what Ive seen with this one, lol.

The release window, when can we realistically expect it?

I think it will be Fall 2014. I remember September being mentioned but can't recall where from. It was originally a spring 2014 release but got pushed a while ago.

Enkidu

Really impressive.

Though I'm more interested in how gameplay will be. W2 also had good graphics but poor (IMHO) gameplay.
If I may ask, what do you consider gameplay? Because I can certainly understand why somebody might find the combat in Witcher 2 to be supbar, to me gameplay in a (good) RPG is about much more than simply combat. Walking around exploring the environments, talking to people and picking up quests, making choices, learning more about the world etc. is also gameplay to me and I have a hard time seeing how Witcher 2 was poor in these areas.

cheezcake

I'm sort of hoping the game is released after maxwell, I need to play this on PC, but I don't want to upgrade my machine with new process cards right around the corner

GTX 570 am cry

Gattsu25

Banned
Looks amazing but for some reason the video is choppy at times on my mobile devices (tried on both ipad w/ retina and 2013 nexus 7)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm sort of hoping the game is released after maxwell, I need to play this on PC, but I don't want to upgrade my machine with new process cards right around the corner

GTX 570 am cry

I dunno. Nvidia seems like it love to keep delaying Maxwell and they just released 780 Ti so we'll be lucky if Maxwell hit before Q4 2014.

Looks amazing but for some reason the video is choppy at times on my mobile devices (tried on both ipad w/ retina and 2013 nexus 7)

I always have the same problem with gamersyde videos, they are choppy in the beginning, but after a few seconds they smooth out. Still, this is definitely a sight to behold and thanks again to BlimBlim for doing great work as usual. Gamersyde is the only site except GAF where my Adblock is disabled, and if there was a way to donate, I would.

If I may ask, what do you consider gameplay? Because I can certainly understand why somebody might find the combat in Witcher 2 to be supbar, to me gameplay in a (good) RPG is about much more than simply combat. Walking around exploring the environments, talking to people and picking up quests, making choices, learning more about the world etc. is also gameplay to me and I have a hard time seeing how Witcher 2 was poor in these areas.

The series' strength, I feel, is best shown where conflicts are explored and one of the routes does show this very well. The story and quests are definitely better than its contemporaries but a step down from The Witcher 1 in terms of quests, characters, and environments. There are certainly decisions to be made but they're pretty obvious and basically a tab A goes in slot B sort of fair you get from any RPG out there.

If he had played a certain route's chapter 2, I don't blame him. It is pretty dire as its basically a whole chapter of fetch quests in relatively uninteresting environments, fighting fairly uninteresting enemies.

injurai

Banned
What the fuck....

what the fuuuuuuck....

gaf

graphics shouldn't looks this good

aesthetics shouldn't look this good

but they are...

oh god i need to upgrade...

I upgraded my graphics card for the Witcher 2. I'll be buying a whole new rig for the Witcher 3. Ubersampling here I come! Plough em all!

epmode

Ah, I was waiting on building a new computer for Star Citizen but I might have to bite for this as well. I hope those next-gen Nvidia cards (Maxwell) are out before this.

TnK

Game looks amazing, and I should really finish TW2. I can run TW2 on ultra with 40-6FPS, so I think even my rig can handle TW3 quite well on high.

I hope SE is taking notes, and ends up making FFXV similar to this game on their possible PC port.

ekim

I have some weird artifacts coming up in my VLC when playing the video. It looks like ACIV on my Xbox One with that sharpness filter activated. Lot's of aliasing + edge halo's. Am I missing a codec?

Enkidu

The series' strength, I feel, is best shown where conflicts are explored and one of the routes does show this very well. The story and quests are definitely better than its contemporaries but a step down from The Witcher 1 in terms of quests, characters, and environments. There are certainly decisions to be made but they're pretty obvious and basically a tab A goes in slot B sort of fair you get from any RPG out there.

If he had played a certain route's chapter 2, I don't blame him. It is pretty dire as its basically a whole chapter of fetch quests in relatively uninteresting environments, fighting fairly uninteresting enemies.
I can agree that parts of the game are a bit of a step down from Witcher 1 and one of the two sides in Act 2 is definitely weaker than the other. However I still really loved the game and wouldn't call any of those areas poor.

Gatygun

Banned
I'm guessing that if you can run The Witcher 2 with a high framerate (high considering max settings @1080p would be ~40-60 in my book) you'll probably run The Witcher 3 just fine with high settings and probably a mix of that and max. I know my 660 Ti serves me extremely well. It runs BF3 maxed out @ 60fps and 1080p and BF4 with a mixture of high and ultra while retaining the same framerate as in BF3. Such a waste of money to keep upgrading every year just for a couple of new games. Let your great cards use some of it's potential! Sure. You'll need to find a great bang-for-the-buck card. Having to constantly upgrade and spend more time trying to fix a lot of games than you're actually playing them really makes PC-gaming the inferior race. Say what you want, but you know it's true.

By the way. Wasn't it said that PS4 would support Nvidia's advanced PHYSX features?
It is indeed optimized to run on Nvidia's tech, but it's still software which is more than possible to run on AMD. Have they compromised and written something for the PS4 just to get some licensing fees? Cause I'm sure I read something about it at the time when Knack was first shown. Even though that game might not use it.

That's only how you experience pc gaming. You don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. You only need hardware that has enough performance to play it. There is a reason why there are low options and ultra options. It's not only mid/high/ultra that exists you know.

Look at the witcher 2 system specs:

minimum: 8800gs, e4500 2,2ghz dual core cpu, 3850 gpu, 1gb of ram. Recommend only featured a 260 gtx a budget dx10 card. While a dx11 ( second gen ) top model had to be sli'ed to get ultra settings done at 1080p with ubersampling at 60 fps.

Did the dude had to upgrade his 8800 card towards 2x 580's just to play the witcher 2? nope.

example of somebody using a old gpu "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRW9RAAgkbE". ( 2006 gpu )

Now with a new generation people have to upgrade there pc at some point. But so do console gamers. There PS3's are not going to run the PS4 multiports down the road. While if you upgraded in the last few years towards a PC solution ( like i did 3 years ago ) you will be perfectly capable to keep on running future games without any additional costs. It goes both ways.

I have a 580gtx, i7 860 and 8gb of ram, my pc will last this entire generation. But if i want to play games on the quality of consoles in a few years from now. is the question. But i sure as hell won't be forced to upgrade this entire generation just to play newer games. The witcher 3 and the witcher 4 ( if 4 is getting launched in the ps4 generation ) won't give me any issue's. I wouldn't be shocked if this setup will run perfectly fine ps5 multiports down the road on low settings.

If you mean with fix a lot of games, that you need to tinker around a lot with graphical settings to get good stable performance?. which costs time and is annoying? well nobody forces you, just put the setting on lowest ( that's why its there ) and have a blast running the game on console quality. "it's also called coded to the metal or optimizing in console land".

The physx part if implanted will be high likely extremely limited. I wouldn't be suprised if its extremely limited on use in pc land already and only restricted to sli setups.

GHG

Any Idea what hardware this was running on?

I'm planning on selling one of my 660's and then getting a 780 ti and using the other 660 as a dedicated Physx card... Please be good enough.

Acheteedo

I have some weird artifacts coming up in my VLC when playing the video. It looks like ACIV on my Xbox One with that sharpness filter activated. Lot's of aliasing + edge halo's. Am I missing a codec?

Looks like that for me too and it looked that way via stream and youtube also. I think it's the game, as I say this issue is present in the images that CDPR have released for the game, they seem to like things ridiculously sharp. Looks ugly, imo.

Top Bottom